He has a good point

Wasn't it the Christian right who forced zoning laws that you can't build a nightclub, sex shop or bar within a quarter mile of a church?

Good for them. I hope MORE things open up around that site before the mosque ever opens.

a womans rights center
a gay, lesbian, trans gender help center.
an all pork restaurant
a comic store dedicated to muslim satire
a strip club
a sex store
a jewish learning center
a christian reading room
a military recruiting office

you know stuff like that!

It really is a shame that no one really thinks about their post before writing them.

Aside from the "comic store dedicated to Muslim satire", which probably doesn't exist ANYWHERE, all of those things you listed are already within 5 blocks of the proposed site. Including a strip club on the corner, a Military recruiting office around the corner, a Christian reading room 2 blocks away, a "sex store" (assuming you mean a sex toy store) 2 blocks away, and a BBQ place around the corner as well.

Instead of attempting some sort of childish "gotcha" (the adult equivalent of licking your classmate's cake so they won't eat it), do some research.

The man who put the idea for this center together spent the first 3 days after 9/11 volunteering at Ground Zero, and then a week in the hospital for dust-related injuries.

Did you?

Your post would be more credible if it included a citing of how you know all this is true.

Jus' Sayin'

Because I live in NY, went to school and work in that neighborhood. I'm there almost every day.

It really is a shame that no one really thinks about their post before writing them.

Aside from the "comic store dedicated to Muslim satire", which probably doesn't exist ANYWHERE, all of those things you listed are already within 5 blocks of the proposed site. Including a strip club on the corner, a Military recruiting office around the corner, a Christian reading room 2 blocks away, a "sex store" (assuming you mean a sex toy store) 2 blocks away, and a BBQ place around the corner as well.

Instead of attempting some sort of childish "gotcha" (the adult equivalent of licking your classmate's cake so they won't eat it), do some research.

The man who put the idea for this center together spent the first 3 days after 9/11 volunteering at Ground Zero, and then a week in the hospital for dust-related injuries.

Did you?

Your post would be more credible if it included a citing of how you know all this is true.

Jus' Sayin'

Because I live in NY, went to school and work in that neighborhood. I'm there almost every day.

Ok, good 'nuff for me.:cool:

Wasn't it the Christian right who forced zoning laws that you can't build a nightclub, sex shop or bar within a quarter mile of a church?

Only in residential neighborhoods.

This is the strip club on the corner of where the Islamic Center will be.

New York Doll's Gentlemen's Club - The Ultimate Ny Strip Club

PSA: Here is the link to the general employment application form for NY Doll's

Flashdancers NYC - Employment

Would you like to work in New York City's most popular, established gentleman's club? Do you have great hospitality skills and enjoy people?
New York Dolls is always interested in meeting and hiring new people. Various Positions are available including, managerial, security, DJ’s, bar backs, porters and more!

Would you like to work in New York City's most popular, established gentleman's club? Do you have great hospitality skills and enjoy people?
New York Dolls is always interested in meeting and hiring new people. Various Positions are available including, managerial, security, DJ’s, bar backs, porters and more!

I don't think I've got the body for it.

I don't think I've got the body for it.

I'm considering a "Managerial Position" since I "Enjoy People."

Greeks have bigger penises than Turks. That is why Turks are always so angry

I will not queston your experience giving you confidence to formulate such statement.
Good to know, anyway.

Is it true that Turks have to squat to pee?

Two Greeks were peeing off of a bridge.....the first Greek says "Damn..that water is cold!"...the other Greek says "Yea...its deep too"

Last edited:
Ok, good 'nuff for me.:cool:
Rauf said that Sharia was compatible with the US Constitution.
The Good Dr believes it.

I mean, I believe he knows the neighborhood around the proposed Muslim Center near Ground Zero.

I do not see where anyone may have commented about the compatability of Sharia with the US Constitution. In a historical context, Islamic countries have been able to exist for centuries without democracy, and see no reason why democracy should be something they should eagerly adopt.

On the other hand, The USA has been compatable with all sorts of religions, and I see no reason why a Muslim (church? temple? Community Center?) should be any different than Scientology.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back