HBO documentary "Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God."

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
HBO - Friday 18

580x327

The HBO documentary offers a devastating look at the priest scandal, all the way to the Vatican.

By Mary McNamara, Los Angeles Times Television Critic
February 4, 2013

As horrifying as it is to note, the timing of the HBO documentary "Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God," which premieres Monday night, could not have been better if divine intervention were involved.

Last week, the Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles released documents chronicling how Cardinal Roger M. Mahony and other church officials managed to thwart investigations into the sexual abuse of hundreds of local children to protect the accused priests.

To which this film by Oscar winner Alex Gibney essentially says, "If you think that's bad, watch this."

VIDEO: Upcoming TV shows timeline

Review: 'Mea Maxima Culpa' looks at Catholic Church's abuse cover-up - latimes.com

pope-benedict.jpg

'Mea Maxima Culpa' Director Alex Gibney Praises Pope Benedict's Resignation

2/11/13
By: Frank DiGiacomo

When I learned of the news that Pope Benedict XVI was going to become the first pope in six centuries to resign from office, I immediately thought, I wonder what Alex Gibney makes of this? His documentary, Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God details the integral role that Benedict, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, played in investigating the sex-abuse scandals that have rocked the Catholic Church, and, given the ample space that the New York Times devoted to that subject in its report on the resignation, I was left with impression that, behind the scenes, the continuing controversy may have played a part in the Pope's decision to step down.

"I can't help but think that the sex abuse crisis must have been on his mind," Gibney emailed back when I asked for his take on the news. "There was no going forward on that issue while he was in office." The filmmaker added: "I give him credit for resigning. That brought a bit of modernity to the Papacy."

Alex Gibney ? ?Mea Maxima Culpa? Director Praises Pope?s Resignation - Movieline

HBO - Friday 18

580x327

The HBO documentary offers a devastating look at the priest scandal, all the way to the Vatican.

By Mary McNamara, Los Angeles Times Television Critic
February 4, 2013

As horrifying as it is to note, the timing of the HBO documentary "Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God," which premieres Monday night, could not have been better if divine intervention were involved.

Last week, the Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles released documents chronicling how Cardinal Roger M. Mahony and other church officials managed to thwart investigations into the sexual abuse of hundreds of local children to protect the accused priests.

To which this film by Oscar winner Alex Gibney essentially says, "If you think that's bad, watch this."

VIDEO: Upcoming TV shows timeline

Review: 'Mea Maxima Culpa' looks at Catholic Church's abuse cover-up - latimes.com

I thought the Notre Dame Cathedral was the house of god. It's what it says on their website

"It is one of the masterpieces of Gothic architecture," the French government tourism site says. "More than a historical monument, this cathedral is above all 'the House of God and the abode of men[.]'"

Notre Dame Cathedral fire threatens to wipe out 'transcendental' cultural treasure

Gods house is burning. I hope he had good insurance.

About 98% of the allegations against the Catholic Church concern homosexual predator priests molesting boys but hypocrite lefties sued the Boy Scouts to allow overt homosexuals to be allowed to supervise boys.

Forum List

Back