Havent had a physical in 16 years

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Never felt better in IN MY LIFE

Am now 57 - haveno health insurance

Maybe I am stupid

I have SUPERIOR GENES

I have SUPERIOR GENES

So does another 57-year-old man...Brett Farve.
wh_cov_home.jpg

Wrangler.
Real. Comfortable. Genes.

at your age

i'd have the colonoscopy done...colon cancer check

and the PSA test done for prostate-cancer check if levels are high

it probably doesn't cost that much, but better safe than sorry...

and some bloodwork to check your cholesterol and triglycerides,

THEN, call it a day....

If you go to the doctor they will tell you something is wrong and put you on some expensive medication that will screw you up. You lose no matter what.

at your age

i'd have the colonoscopy done...colon cancer check

and the PSA test done for prostate-cancer check if levels are high

it probably doesn't cost that much, but better safe than sorry...

and some bloodwork to check your cholesterol and triglycerides,

THEN, call it a day....
That is good advice.

In 1997 I was 61 and in exceptionally good physical condition. I hadn't seen a doctor in many years, I took very good care of myself, worked out every day, took a lot of supplements and felt like I would live forever. One day a pain in the stomach out of nowhere turned out to be colon cancer. The surgery was radical but any later and I would have required a colostomy, which is a terrible prospect.

Five years later, age 66, restricted urine flow turned out to be prostate cancer. Treatment was radioactive palladium seed implants and chemotherapy which rendered me impotent.

If I'd had the necessary blood tests and exams and discovered either condition much sooner I could have avoided the radical treatments. So just because you feel fine, take my word that it doesn't mean you are.

If you can't afford to see a doctor, apply for Medicaid. But get yourself checked out.

My mom didn't have a physical in years, and now she has to catch up. She is a thin woman, but she had a preventable heart attack last year, which had more to do with genetics. She also just found out she has skin cancer. Get a physical!

Forum List

Back