People who kill themselves for selfish reasons are cowards, GAY OR NOT.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
I am sick of hearing "Oh no, stop the bullies who pray on gay people." I would prefer to see "Hey parents, teach your kids how to stand up for themselves and a little bit of self worth so maybe they won't turn out to be a friggin pansy ass."

Yeah, I went there.

Also, regular bullying of nerds is just as bad, but at least nerds are proud of being nerds. Why can't gay people be proud of being gay? I thought they were. I am confused now.

People who kill themselves have such a deep hurt inside of them, that they END THEIR LIFE. <think about this very simple concept, before you pretend to understand>

Me too but not as much as I once was.

Why is suicide illegal?
I would think it's because a suicide usually imposes a burden on society in terms of cleaning up an obnoxious mess and dealing with the bureaucratic aftermath.

I am personally offended by laws against suicide. I believe there should be a process I could use to comfortably end my life if I no longer wish to hang around. There are tens of thousands (millions?) of Americans lying in their own waste in so-called "nursing home" beds, devoid of any pleasures or stimuli and attended to by low-wage "aids" whose disposition toward them ranges from simple resentment to loathing. People in that category, as well as those who for one reason or other find that living is just too painful and not worth waking up for, should be hooked up to a heroin drip for 72 hours of ecstasy and then allowed to drift peacefully away.

That seems so civilized and humane that I'm really not surprised it is illegal. I'll wager that if such a option became available there would be a long waiting list to take advantage of it.

I am personally offended by laws against suicide. I believe there should be a process I could use to comfortably end my life if I no longer wish to hang around.

I agree. The assisted suicide scene was always my favorite part of Soylent Green (you know, aside from the final scene).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQNjJZFdLU"]Sol's death[/ame]

Liberty, I do believe I understand your somewhat badly-made point: Build a sturdier kid, so bullies aren't able to steal his self-worth. Sound advice, and it prolly has not be said often enough.

Lemme add, Mommies and Daddies...build ethical kiddies, so if they see someone getting bullied, they speak out against it. Between the victims and the bullies are the bystanders....IMO, these kids also suffer because they are unable to feel themselves powerful enough to be a force for justice.

ANY kid can be. A child too scared to speak out at the time can at least share his concerns with an adult.

Bullying always requires cowardice to happen, and courage to end it.

Part of the problem is that many parents really don't get "new age bullying".

We've come a long way from school yard taunts and bullies have keyboards at their fingertips destroying other childrens lives with vile rumour mongering. Bullies even coordinate attacks on other children now with the assistance and complicity of a parent for heaven's sake.

How sick is that?

Two in recent memory were the girl who hanged herself because of an online hoax that the neighbor teen instigated with the help of her mother and another where this cruel bitch from hell has been tormenting a little girl, age 7 years old and dying.

TRENTON, Mich. - Her family says 7-year-old Kathleen Edward is in the final stages of a degenerative brain disorder diagnosed as Huntington's Disease - the same disease which killed her mother, Laura, when she was only 24.

Neighbors Jennifer and Scott Petkov, who have been feuding with the family, admitted to posting grim depictions of Laura and Kathleen on Facebook. One photo depicts Laura in the arms of the grim reaper, while the other features Kathleen's face above a set of crossbones.

The couple also have a coffin hitched to a pick-up truck in front of the house, which they say is nothing more than a halloween decoration.

This is sadistic behaviour. I don't understand the concept that a child or young adult under of the age of 18 could be classed as a coward for just wanting to end their lives if they have been under the extraordinary assaults we have witnessed recently.

Sorries. But that's the way I feel.

We've come a long way from school yard taunts and bullies have keyboards at their fingertips destroying other childrens lives with vile rumour mongering. Bullies even coordinate attacks on other children now with the assistance and complicity of a parent for heaven's sake.

How sick is that?

Two in recent memory were the girl who hanged herself because of an online hoax that the neighbor teen instigated with the help of her mother and another where this cruel bitch from hell has been tormenting a little girl, age 7 years old and dying.

TRENTON, Mich. - Her family says 7-year-old Kathleen Edward is in the final stages of a degenerative brain disorder diagnosed as Huntington's Disease - the same disease which killed her mother, Laura, when she was only 24.

Neighbors Jennifer and Scott Petkov, who have been feuding with the family, admitted to posting grim depictions of Laura and Kathleen on Facebook. One photo depicts Laura in the arms of the grim reaper, while the other features Kathleen's face above a set of crossbones.

The couple also have a coffin hitched to a pick-up truck in front of the house, which they say is nothing more than a halloween decoration.

This is sadistic behaviour. I don't understand the concept that a child or young adult under of the age of 18 could be classed as a coward for just wanting to end their lives if they have been under the extraordinary assaults we have witnessed recently.

I agree with you completely, miss. I think we need new statutes to cover such facts......this should be some sort of homicide.

How sick is that?

I agree with you completely, miss. I think we need new statutes to cover such facts......this should be some sort of homicide.

What we have witnessed recently is beyond the pale. The story of the young college student who killed himself after his room mate thought it was a swell idea to stream this boy's private intimate moment on line had my head spinning faster than Linda Blair's in the freaking Exorcist.

Unreal. Just unreal.

There's some judicial hope on the horizon though. I've been following this story for a bit.
Crazy but true.

British women turn detective to bring US 'suicide voyeur' to justice

Three British women turned detective to bring an American "suicide voyeur" William Melchert-Dinkel to justice over his alleged attempts to encourage vulnerable people to take their own lives.

By Andrew Alderson, Chief Reporter
Published: 9:00PM BST 25 Apr 2010

The 47-year-old is said to have posed as a female nurse on the internet to encourage dozens of people, including a man in the UK, to commit suicide. It is claimed that he wanted to watch his victims die using a webcam.

Melchert-Dinkel, who is married with two children, allegedly pretended to be a compassionate nurse in internet chat rooms – calling himself names including "Falcon Girl" and "Cami D" – in order to prey on depressed people.

He was charged on Friday by the US authorities with two rare counts of assisting suicides, and more charges may follow. He has been charged with aiding the suicide of Mark Drybrough, 32, who hanged himself in Coventry in 2005. Melchert-Dinkel is also accused of assisting with the suicide of Nadia Kajouji, 18, who drowned in a river in Ottawa, Canada.

The charges follow investigative work going back five years by three British women, including Mr Drybrough's mother. She joined forced with Katherine Lowe, from Wolverhampton, who alleges that Melchert-Dinkel encouraged her over the internet to commit suicide.

Rest of the story is at the link. I never thought I would hear a phrase like "suicide voyeur" in my lifetime. Sheesh.

British women turn detective to bring US 'suicide voyeur' to justice - Telegraph

I am sick of hearing "Oh no, stop the bullies who pray on gay people." I would prefer to see "Hey parents, teach your kids how to stand up for themselves and a little bit of self worth so maybe they won't turn out to be a friggin pansy ass."

Yeah, I went there.

Also, regular bullying of nerds is just as bad, but at least nerds are proud of being nerds. Why can't gay people be proud of being gay? I thought they were. I am confused now.

Depression is an equal opportunity killer. Clinical depression is very dangerous. I would know I have it. I take lots of pills to control my thoughts on suicide. Logic and "strength" are meaningless if someone is deeply depressed.

Anyone that encourages depression or aids it is equally responsible for what ever actions the depressed person takes.

Kids are cruel. Always have been and always will be, but schools can take steps to stop the worst of it and they chose NOT to.

Forum List

Back