Have you started your Xmas shopping yet?

It's Christmas? Already? WTF?!

I'm with you. I'm one of those people who don't pay attention to dates, if someone didn't remind me I wouldn't know when my birthday was. It literally seems like yesterday it was Thanksgiving and all of a sudden it's Christmas Eve. I just got cards out yesterday and only to family.

We didn't even do cards this year. Of course, moving 3 weeks before Christmas gives an excuse. It may be a weak one, but I'll take it.

it's a contest every year! between me and the hubby, and who wins in being the ''better giver''! I usually win! well the last decade i've been winning and giving him the better presents, but in all honesty, he usually beat me the first decade of marriage!

but there are a kazillion presents under the tree this year and for a week now he's been telling me that i am going to love my Christmas this year and that ''he will WIN this year and outdo me!!! I can't WAIT! I feel like a kid!!! I am trying to convince him to let us open some presents tonight and tomorrow....he says, NO WAY! (darn it!)

BUT i think i have a good chance of at least a tie! :) and yesterday i found a few more things that i know he wanted that should be here by tomorrow to add to the big whopper present i got him! :lol: can't let him out do me...I MUST be the WINNER!

Care, that's a brilliant strategy for getting seriously good gifts. I shall make a note of this for future reference. Kudos to you!! I would rep you but I'm out!! :redface:

did you guys see the obama thing about this....CG let me get you the u-tube

I cant find a video and the transcript doesn't do it justice. (OW is oprah)

OW: Is there a greater pressure to give a good gift when you're the president or can you get away with a lesser gift if you're the president?
First Lady: What are you gonna get me? You should feel pressure.
President Obama: I have given some good gifts -- you get some nice stuff. Here's the general rule: I give nicer stuff than I get.
OW: Really?
First Lady: No way; I gave you good gifts last year.
President Obama: Absolutely - aw come on, please. You know it's like Mother's Day and Father's Day.
First Lady: We're talking about Christmas, don't become distracted...
President Obama: But that principle applies generally.

BTW the tradition of Christmas cards started in the early 1900's in England.
Best selling greeting card of all time according to Guiness:

kippled.jpg

It was made back around 1920 as well.

Just a little insane useless trivia to brighten up your day.

Last edited:
I actually finished mine yesterday. And my santa suit came in Monday so if the sled will work and the Reindeer fly...

i still owe you rep for that crazy avatar of yours :lol:

Think I look good?

:eek: Is that really you?

KUDOS!!!!
(At least.......if it's really you.........)

By the way Californicaton Twit........thank you........you've just shown me what the current state of Christmas is today.

It's pure, unadulterated greed. Why else would you worry about getting the good gifts for yourself? Isn't Christmas SUPPOSED to be about thinking of others?

Forum List

Back