Zone1 The origins of Xmas other than jesus

See50

May 26, 2022
Trigger warnings may offend conservatives . The origins of Xmas in the United states was based on thousands and thousands of immigrants coming to the United states. This led to class conflict. Christmas was something that that was celebrated by the working class to let off steam.To have a wild time. Getting drunk , bashing people doors to demand the residents to give them money and wish them a merry Xmas. Making noises with their guns, going to prostitute or getting together sexually with a stranger, setting off fire works,urinating and vomiting on the street if you had too much. One wealthy philanthroper wanted to change it. He was the one who created public schools. He wanted to make new York the way it was when it was new Amsterdam. Through this he wanted to make Xmas a family affair. So he brought about creating a patron st of new York . He used bishop Nick of old turkey,st nick,who would use his parents wealth ,he inherited ,to help the poor. Already the dutch was using him as Santa clause. Later in the decade Another wealthy son of a religious figure wrote a book about Santa clause and the rain deer. It was did not sell long . Then he wrote the night before Xmas poem.He only wanted to read it to his children and friends ,not publish it . One friend copied it and had it published anonymously. It got real popular. When he found out he decided he to publish it officially . During the civil war the north was loosing for the moment.A new York illustrator at harpers weekly decided to cheer up the north by illustrating a picture of Santa Clause giving the union soldiers toys ,while giving coal and switches to the confederates ,no I'm teasing on that, although those soldiers deserved it. In this illustration it was the first time one saw Santa coming from. Later on a store owner decides to dress up as Santa clause to draw more customers to buy his products on Xmas with the influence of their children . Then Gimbels had a parade for x mas ,then Macy's competed against them . They would get together and turn it into the annual thanks giving parade. Then Montgomery wards artist got together with his song writing relative and wrote Rudolph the red nosed reindeer which reinforced Xmas. Now the documentary was just focusing on one part of the u.s. No other areas that contribute to Xmas. Today X mas is a combination of the celebration of the fictitious Christ story ,giving and receiving gifts and having a wild time all together.

Trigger warnings may offend conservatives . The origins of Xmas in the United states was based on thousands and thousands of immigrants coming to the United states. This led to class conflict. Christmas was something that that was celebrated by the working class to let off steam.To have a wild time. Getting drunk , bashing people doors to demand the residents to give them money and wish them a merry Xmas. Making noises with their guns, going to prostitute or getting together sexually with a stranger, setting off fire works,urinating and vomiting on the street if you had too much. One wealthy philanthroper wanted to change it. He was the one who created public schools. He wanted to make new York the way it was when it was new Amsterdam. Through this he wanted to make Xmas a family affair. So he brought about creating a patron st of new York . He used bishop Nick of old turkey,st nick,who would use his parents wealth ,he inherited ,to help the poor. Already the dutch was using him as Santa clause. Later in the decade Another wealthy son of a religious figure wrote a book about Santa clause and the rain deer. It was did not sell long . Then he wrote the night before Xmas poem.He only wanted to read it to his children and friends ,not publish it . One friend copied it and had it published anonymously. It got real popular. When he found out he decided he to publish it officially . During the civil war the north was loosing for the moment.A new York illustrator at harpers weekly decided to cheer up the north by illustrating a picture of Santa Clause giving the union soldiers toys ,while giving coal and switches to the confederates ,no I'm teasing on that, although those soldiers deserved it. In this illustration it was the first time one saw Santa coming from. Later on a store owner decides to dress up as Santa clause to draw more customers to buy his products on Xmas with the influence of their children . Then Gimbels had a parade for x mas ,then Macy's competed against them . They would get together and turn it into the annual thanks giving parade. Then Montgomery wards artist got together with his song writing relative and wrote Rudolph the red nosed reindeer which reinforced Xmas. Now the documentary was just focusing on one part of the u.s. No other areas that contribute to Xmas. Today X mas is a combination of the celebration of the fictitious Christ story ,giving and receiving gifts and having a wild time all together.

:linky:

I contacted the OP about the link, just now. At 107 posts he may not have edit ability yet. But, I did invite if not to send me the link, offering to insert it for him. Hopefully nobody will report it before he responds.

I'm not real picky about links, but this one did interest me.

This is the writer of the history of Santa Claus. What I wrote was based on the History Channels special 12/17/23 The Toys That Built America, Santa that Built America, which was aired at 800pm CNT

Like a lot of things Christmas is derived from pagans since pagans existed before christians and Christians took a lot of things from them.

Just like to pagans easter is about celebrating the rebirth of life, much like the rebirth of Christ. Pagans used eggs and bunnies as signs of fertility since Easter is in the spring when everything is coming back to life after winter. Hell easter changes based on the position of the moon, if that isn't pagan I don't know what is. Pagans also had yule trees they decorated and adorned with presents which was later turned into a Christmas tree and a yule log by christians.

April fools day we all know now was started because April 1st was pagans mark of a new year. Christians made it January 1st and when pagans didn't change they called them April fools.

Halloween was originally the festival of samhain celebrated by pagan celts and druids

Trigger warnings may offend conservatives . The origins of Xmas in the United states was based on thousands and thousands of immigrants coming to the United states.
Christmas predates 1776. I don't care what you think about Xmas..

When the majority of people back then were in agriculture I could understand having winter festivals, now that things are different I think they are a waste of time we don't have being bots for the wealthy.

Paragraphs...learn about them....use them.

Forum List

Back