Have You Heard Of Medical Tourism

If you want to take your chance in a third world shit hole like Mexico or India, by all means, be my guest.

Which is why we are also the nation that comes up with all these new drugs and cures for diseases allowing people to live longer, or did you think that all came free from Santa and his elves.

Which has nothing to do with our health care system and this has been discussed ad nauseum over and over and over on this forum.

Stop wasting everyone's time with your pissing and whining. If you want the cost of health care to come down in this country without sacrificing the quality, get the government the fuck out of it.
Yeah....right.....let The Marketplace solve.....

.....right???

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

Since the beginning of Reagan's first term the Republican party is the party of the rich and corporations. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

Every time a critical bill is being argued in Washington there are 3000 high paid right wing lobbyists in $2,500 suits and imported shoes walking the halls of the capitol building about to argue for big business and not a single representative of the common man.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy......we can't forget about all those.....

....hard-workin'/blue-collar Congressmen!!!

(.....Who are in the bar, by 5PM!!)

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

it has more to do with the power of negotiations that the canadian government has.....the us government does not negotiate with drug companies...simply giving drug companies pretty much a free hand to be a for profit company.....
Correction:​

Yeah....right.....let The Marketplace solve.....

.....right???

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

Since the beginning of Reagan's first term the Republican party is the party of the rich and corporations. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

Every time a critical bill is being argued in Washington there are 3000 high paid right wing lobbyists in $2,500 suits and imported shoes walking the halls of the capitol building about to argue for big business and not a single representative of the common man. This country has gone to hell in a handbasket during my lifetime. I was a Republican when they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. I've only voted for a Democrat in a national election twice. I didn't vote for the Demorats...I voted Against the spend and borrow Republicans.

You always come off as an idiot. You just are not smart enough to know democrats have as many lobbyists and will steal our money much faster then any repub could dream of.
Another o' those Teabagger Absolutes, no doubt.

LimbaughPig.jpg

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

it has more to do with the power of negotiations that the canadian government has.....the us government does not negotiate with drug companies...simply giving drug companies pretty much a free hand to be a for profit company.....

dont think they drug companies are giving anyone a break without being forced to

Don't think any corporation is giving anyone a break without being forced to. In the old days companies shared their well being with their employees and the government.
Easy, there. Don't lose total-control.....​

"In 1931, Ford employed an ex-boxer and "tough guy" named Harry Bennett to head up his security division or Service Department as it was euphemistically called."

Travel to another country......have you checked airline rates lately

500 American companies are sticking it to the public. About 50,000,000 can't even afford health insurance. That's the way Republicans like it.

Since when is affording health insurance more important than affording health care?
And you want us to take you seriously?
No wonder I have to put up with dumb politicians.

Well... if you think that people who can't afford insurance CAN afford health CARE... then... you're an idiot.

You can't answer the question, so that makes me an idiot.

It's already been pointed out that ONLY the VERY wealthy come here from other countries to get medical treatment. That ONE incident in no way supports your claim that "far more come to the states then go to Mexico". Prove that claim.

Oh, and just so you can dig REALLY deep to match numbers...925,000 people traveled to Mexico for medical treatment and 50% of them were Americans. Over 1 million Americans have retired in Mexico and receive their regular medical care from there.

Did you know that there are almost 400 drug pharmacies in Tijuana alone? When my grandfather lived near Palm Springs he joined the hoards that would go to Mexico for cheaper drugs.

And that's just Mexico. There are huge forays into Canada for cheaper drugs too...

Only the very wealthy? Not so. However many are.

I know a guy who went to mexico for dental needs. Saved thousands. He got a procedure that would be 5 grand here for about 600 bucks. The risks were very different.

Now does that mean the costs are too high or that smoking dope burned up his money and was forced to compromise?

Nothing is black and white as the left has attempted to pass off here.

So, devoid of facts to back up your claim. Thanks for playing.

...But....ya' gotta admit....Full-Auto tells some very-creative stories!!!

How'd you like a wisdom tooth extraction by an oral surgeon for $24 ?
Knee replacement $10 grand ?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovm3fa3JtwE]Testimonial - Total Knee Replacement Surgery in Costa Rica - YouTube[/ame]

Solution:
Move to Korea for your Lobotomy and stay there

:cuckoo:

It's the jackass statements that drive me nuts. Instead of having anything useful to say, you just blurt out some stupid shit, and then you think it makes you look intelligent.

Do you realize that some insurance companies are actually starting to promote medical tourism as part of their insurance coverage? Some of these companies are playing with the idea of offering companies lower rates if their employees have certain medical procedures done outside of the US.

Health Insurance Companies Promoting Medical Tourism

'Medical Travel is Going to Be Part of the Solution'

Medical Tourism: The Insurance Debate - BusinessWeek

Why don't you take the time to educate yourself on this issue rather than trying to insult the op, making you look like a real idiot?

Allow to re-phrase in a less than "jackass" way:

I don't give a shit if 'medical tourism' happens or not.
Let the competitive market do it's job.

I'd rather pay an American, better qualified, doctor that has more stringent standards than Sum Yung Kwak in Korea.

Of course an insurance company would rather pay the lower rate for a lower tier doctor. If you enroll in that plan you're an idiot.

And I will insult Cammmpbelll at every opportunity.

Which hospitals, in America, are refusing necessary medical treatment?

Solution:

It's the jackass statements that drive me nuts. Instead of having anything useful to say, you just blurt out some stupid shit, and then you think it makes you look intelligent.

Do you realize that some insurance companies are actually starting to promote medical tourism as part of their insurance coverage? Some of these companies are playing with the idea of offering companies lower rates if their employees have certain medical procedures done outside of the US.

Why don't you take the time to educate yourself on this issue rather than trying to insult the op, making you look like a real idiot?

Yeah.....let's evaluate for-profit insurance-companies by their body-count.

morgue_drawers_small.jpg

Smart thinkin'!!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

Last edited:
100,000+ Americans travel to places like India, Belgium, Mexico, Spain, Columbia, S. Korea etc. each year to get medical procedures either denied to them here or too expensive for them to afford. The trend and numbers are growing.

Know what the problem is........we're the only industriali ed country in the world where over 500 companies make profits off of sick people. After all that we still rank 37th in general health and longeivity.

Do you get paid to be this stupid?

Solution:

I'd rather pay an American, better qualified, doctor that has more stringent standards than Sum Yung Kwak in Korea.

Of course an insurance company would rather pay the lower rate for a lower tier doctor. If you enroll in that plan you're an idiot.

And I will insult Cammmpbelll at every opportunity.

Which hospitals, in America, are refusing necessary medical treatment?

Lots of Europeans undertake 'medical tourism'.... so, if their medical care is so shit hot, why are they going abroad for treatment - some even come to the US! WTF is that all about? If their care is so superior.... why are they coming here? I know why, but I suspect the idiot OP does not.

I've often considered retirement in Costa Rica.
We did some humanitarian work there when I was in the Navy.
I think I'd still come to the US for any major medical procedure.

You know what you call someone who graduates at the bottom of their medical class?

Doctor.

I'd rather have a doc that graduated somewhat higher in the class.
:eusa_shhh:

100,000+ Americans travel to places like India, Belgium, Mexico, Spain, Columbia, S. Korea etc. each year to get medical procedures either denied to them here or too expensive for them to afford. The trend and numbers are growing.

Know what the problem is........we're the only industriali ed country in the world where over 500 companies make profits off of sick people. After all that we still rank 37th in general health and longeivity.

Do you get paid to be this stupid?

The Troll Army is a strictly volunteer force.

:badgrin:

Travel to another country......have you checked airline rates lately

500 American companies are sticking it to the public. About 50,000,000 can't even afford health insurance. That's the way Republicans like it.

So are people hoping planes to get medical care or not?

Sorry, I have rounded with fourth year Medical Students from Mexico. The difference? After they graduate, they can start treating people.

The best of them were clamoring to get a residency in the United States so they could be adequately trained.

I wouldn't let the others treat my dog.

Folks who talk the way you talk are Republicans. That means simply, "I've Got Mine...Now By Gawd You Get Yours"

I hate the GOP. I vote Democrat. That doesn't turn me into an automatron that is incapable of seeing a silly point.

You are somehow trying to tie in a group of people who have the means to fly to another country for elective surgery/procedures into the state of health care in this country.

They aren't really the issue. The issue are the millions of people who don't have access to basic health care.

Forum List

Back