Have You Heard Of Medical Tourism

100,000+ Americans travel to places like India, Belgium, Mexico, Spain, Columbia, S. Korea etc. each year to get medical procedures either denied to them here or too expensive for them to afford. The trend and numbers are growing.

If you want to take your chance in a third world shit hole like Mexico or India, by all means, be my guest.

Know what the problem is........we're the only industriali ed country in the world where over 500 companies make profits off of sick people.

Which is why we are also the nation that comes up with all these new drugs and cures for diseases allowing people to live longer, or did you think that all came free from Santa and his elves.

After all that we still rank 37th in general health and longeivity.

Which has nothing to do with our health care system and this has been discussed ad nauseum over and over and over on this forum.

Stop wasting everyone's time with your pissing and whining. If you want the cost of health care to come down in this country without sacrificing the quality, get the government the fuck out of it.
Yeah....right.....let The Marketplace solve.....

.....right???

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

100,000+ Americans travel to places like India, Belgium, Mexico, Spain, Columbia, S. Korea etc. each year to get medical procedures either denied to them here or too expensive for them to afford. The trend and numbers are growing.

Know what the problem is........we're the only industriali ed country in the world where over 500 companies make profits off of sick people. After all that we still rank 37th in general health and longeivity.

We rank #1 in obesity.

Do you think that might have anything to do with general health and longevity?

And not to mention the WHO ranking was THOROUGHLY debunked... probably most elegantly by Jon Stossell
Yeah......Stossel's never been quite-right, ever since.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0q44ALM7jo]Let's watch John Stossel get slapped! - YouTube[/ame]​

If you want to take your chance in a third world shit hole like Mexico or India, by all means, be my guest.

Which is why we are also the nation that comes up with all these new drugs and cures for diseases allowing people to live longer, or did you think that all came free from Santa and his elves.

Which has nothing to do with our health care system and this has been discussed ad nauseum over and over and over on this forum.

Stop wasting everyone's time with your pissing and whining. If you want the cost of health care to come down in this country without sacrificing the quality, get the government the fuck out of it.

.....right???

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

Since the beginning of Reagan's first term the Republican party is the party of the rich and corporations. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

Every time a critical bill is being argued in Washington there are 3000 high paid right wing lobbyists in $2,500 suits and imported shoes walking the halls of the capitol building about to argue for big business and not a single representative of the common man. This country has gone to hell in a handbasket during my lifetime. I was a Republican when they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. I've only voted for a Democrat in a national election twice. I didn't vote for the Demorats...I voted Against the spend and borrow Republicans.

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

it has more to do with the power of negotiations that the canadian government has.....the us government does not negotiate with drug companies...simply giving drug companies pretty much a free hand to be a for profit company.....

dont think they drug companies are giving anyone a break without being forced to

.....right???

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

Since the beginning of Reagan's first term the Republican party is the party of the rich and corporations. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

Every time a critical bill is being argued in Washington there are 3000 high paid right wing lobbyists in $2,500 suits and imported shoes walking the halls of the capitol building about to argue for big business and not a single representative of the common man. This country has gone to hell in a handbasket during my lifetime. I was a Republican when they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. I've only voted for a Democrat in a national election twice. I didn't vote for the Demorats...I voted Against the spend and borrow Republicans.

You always come off as an idiot. You just are not smart enough to know democrats have as many lobbyists and will steal our money much faster then any repub could dream of.

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

it has more to do with the power of negotiations that the canadian government has.....the us government does not negotiate with drug companies...simply giving drug companies pretty much a free hand to be a for profit company.....

dont think they drug companies are giving anyone a break without being forced to

Don't think any corporation is giving anyone a break without being forced to. In the old days companies shared their well being with their employees and the government. Now they are driven by one thing...bottom line profit to the tenth of a percent. If you don't believe it watch how the stock market reacts to as little as a few cents per share of profit expectations.

In the late 1940's and early 1950's a corporate executive earned 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that had grown to about 50 times as much. Guess what it was in 2010........the average CEO made about 550 times as much as an ordinary worker. The rich in this country have run a 30 year long scam and now they have us where they want us. They have bought and paid for Washington and the right wing carries their flag. I wouldn't give them a warm drink of piss in the middle of the Sahara.

Last edited:
Yeah I know all about it.

Medical Tourism | Affordable Cosmetic Surgery | Cosmetic Dental Abroad - Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego Riverside

Great Tummy Tuck.

More patients go abroad for medical treatment from the UK than the US. Why? Maybe socialized medicine.

Now if you look at medical tourism realistically, MANY such destinations are in countries that have socialized medicine already. The medical facilities rely on medical tourism to MAKE A PROFIT. The best doctors, the best hospitals aren't available for the citizens condemned to socialized medicine but reserved for the paying customers.

Standard Republican bull shit. It's good for more than 500 companies to turn profits off of the ill and infirm. Like I posted before...the Republicans have been trying to do away with social security ever since FDR signed it into law in the mid thirties. They even managed to get it to the supreme court twice but it was still ruled constitutional. See....someday every single American will catch on to the Republican mantra, "By Gawd I've Got Mine...Now By Gawd You Get Yours." You know.....Alan Kooi Simpson personified.

Most of the rich assholes had it handed to them with no strings attached. Either that or they're too busy thumpin' their bibles to ever wake up and read anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1acHg3mhw]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Single Payer Health Insurance | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ1lPPTPSR4]SiCKO - Canadian Waiting Room Scene - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZmvaFfjtk]Sicko: Michael Moore interviews a Doctor in UK - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnserZOf1-4[/ame]​

Last edited:
You really expect someone to believe that the American "poor" are filling these medical spas around the world?

No one from socialized Europe goes do they?

This is just another liberal manufactured excuse to rant against the evil rich. No matter how poor the excuse is.

You really expect someone to believe that the American "poor" are filling these medical spas around the world?

This is just another liberal manufactured excuse to rant against the evil rich. No matter how poor the excuse is.

People do go to Mexico for cheaper services. The thing odd about this thread is far more come to the states then go to Mexico.

more faux outrage,

You always come off as an idiot. You just are not smart enough to know democrats have as many lobbyists and will steal our money much faster then any repub could dream of.

So why not get out ALL the lobbyists? Yes, that includes the unions too. Our elected representatives should be working for our vote, not the job they will get in a lobbying firm when they retire from Congress with their full, lifetime fucking benefits.

People do go to Mexico for cheaper services. The thing odd about this thread is far more come to the states then go to Mexico.

more faux outrage,

A lot of people go to foreign countries for treatments that are illegal here. Novel therapies. Ask Steve Jobs who went to India for some holistic herb therapy for pancreatic cancer rather than an operation here. Oh, you can't, he's dead.

I had a friend go to mexico for a sex change operation. He didn't make it through the psychological counseling here. He's dead too, suicide.

So why not get out ALL the lobbyists? Yes, that includes the unions too. Our elected representatives should be working for our vote, not the job they will get in a lobbying firm when they retire from Congress with their full, lifetime fucking benefits.

I would love to see all the lobbyist go. At least limit contact to the home districts which would make it very difficult to pass out checks on the house floor.

But we both know and few will admit both parties have their hands in the kitty, leaving us the liter.

Too expensive to get done here, but cheap enough to afford travel to another country and let some hack operate on you?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJCyaVkR7Lg]60 Minutes Medical Tourism Video - YouTube[/ame]

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

You need to expand your thought process... Don't think anything that is a NECESSITY and FOR PROFIT is going to give anyone a break without being forced to.

more faux outrage,

Illegal immigrants are not coming to America from Mexico for our health care. They don't travel for days over the desert with a gallon of water so that they can wait in line at a county Emergency room. They are guaranteed health care in their country. It's actually in the fucking Mexican constitution.

Article 4: All people, men and women, are equal under the law. This article also grants all people protection to their health, a right to housing, and rights for children. Everyone has a right to an appropriated ecosystem for their development & welfare.

I would love to see all the lobbyist go. At least limit contact to the home districts which would make it very difficult to pass out checks on the house floor.

But we both know and few will admit both parties have their hands in the kitty, leaving us the liter.

Really? Find me ONE. Find me one single person that doesn't admit lobbyists are a problem for both parties...just one will do.

Surely you're not suggesting that less regulated private health care markets pose potential dangers to consumers?

If you want the cost of health care to come down in this country without sacrificing the quality, get the government the fuck out of it.

Ah. Guess not.
You'd think Teabaggers would be.....

.....the U.S. Government Doing The Right Thing.

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

Forum List

Back