Have You Heard Of Medical Tourism

Oh... so all foreign doctors are hacks? You fuckers are so brainwashed it's laughable.

6a0105349ca980970c01287560e661970c-800wi

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]Right America Feeling Wronged pt1 - YouTube[/ame]

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

You really expect someone to believe that the American "poor" are filling these medical spas around the world?

No one from socialized Europe goes do they?

This is just another liberal manufactured excuse to rant against the evil rich. No matter how poor the excuse is.

People do go to Mexico for cheaper services. The thing odd about this thread is far more come to the states then go to Mexico.

more faux outrage,

Illegal immigrants are not coming to America from Mexico for our health care. They don't travel for days over the desert with a gallon of water so that they can wait in line at a county Emergency room. They are guaranteed health care in their country. It's actually in the fucking Mexican constitution.

Article 4: All people, men and women, are equal under the law. This article also grants all people protection to their health, a right to housing, and rights for children. Everyone has a right to an appropriated ecosystem for their development & welfare.

Surely, they can go to the village witch doctor for free. Decent care however will still cost them.

You really expect someone to believe that the American "poor" are filling these medical spas around the world?

No one from socialized Europe goes do they?

This is just another liberal manufactured excuse to rant against the evil rich. No matter how poor the excuse is.

People do go to Mexico for cheaper services. The thing odd about this thread is far more come to the states then go to Mexico.

more faux outrage,

Illegal immigrants are not coming to America from Mexico for our health care. They don't travel for days over the desert with a gallon of water so that they can wait in line at a county Emergency room. They are guaranteed health care in their country. It's actually in the fucking Mexican constitution.

Article 4: All people, men and women, are equal under the law. This article also grants all people protection to their health, a right to housing, and rights for children. Everyone has a right to an appropriated ecosystem for their development & welfare.

Illegals are not considered tourism and I did not include them.

Amazing all these people talking trash and fucking clueless while doing it.

Oh... so all foreign doctors are hacks? You fuckers are so brainwashed it's laughable.

Did I say that?

No.

I highly doubt that the people who need medical care desperately in this country have the means to afford to jet to Mexico to get routine health care.

What the OP is talking about (but obviously doesn't realize it) are procedures.

In that case, if you want to roll the dice with a Surgeon in a country where residencies and licenses are not highly regulated, then go for it.

Your odds of getting a hack or under-surgeon goes through the roof.

It's not helped by the fact that a large majority of qualified physicians from other countries actually are willing to re-do their residencies to simply practice in this country?

Don't believe me? You probably haven't spent much time in a teaching hospital.

wow.

So many Absolutes.....so (few) actual-details.

handjob.gif

more faux outrage,

So what are you claiming? Are you trying to claim that more Mexicans come here for medical care than Americans go there for medical care or are you confused and think we are talking about family trips to Disneyland?

So what are you claiming? Are you trying to claim that more Mexicans come here for medical care than Americans go there for medical care or are you confused and think we are talking about family trips to Disneyland?

Not even close and you are the clueless I was speaking of.

Lets start with right between the eyes.

Canadian Premier needs to come to the US for medical treatment... hmmm...

Travel to another country......have you checked airline rates lately

500 American companies are sticking it to the public. About 50,000,000 can't even afford health insurance. That's the way Republicans like it.

Since when is affording health insurance more important than affording health care?
And you want us to take you seriously?
No wonder I have to put up with dumb politicians.

Well... if you think that people who can't afford insurance CAN afford health CARE... then... you're an idiot.

"Bottom line: this report shows that, unfortunately for consumers and taxpayers, the MMA has not even come close to meeting the high expectations set for it by Congress. Consumers are getting hurt and taxpayers fleeced, while insurance companies and drug manufacturers are raking in money faster than they can count it. Congress needs to move away from this deeply flawed privatization model, and instead focus on strengthening Medicare.

:blowup:

And those 'rich assholes' get their medical procedures WHERE?? Their cancer treatment WHERE?? Their physical therapy WHERE??

Idiot asshole hyper-partisan twit

That's the point.... they can AFFORD it numbnuts.

Do they make millions by overspending...

You fucking buffoon

No.....they make millions thru TAX-CUTS!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDdWJcpJj0]Maddow: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for the rich - YouTube[/ame]

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid fucking Teabaggers.

Since when is affording health insurance more important than affording health care?
And you want us to take you seriously?
No wonder I have to put up with dumb politicians.

Well... if you think that people who can't afford insurance CAN afford health CARE... then... you're an idiot.

If you think people who can afford to hop a plane for a 10K procedure are the real issue here, then you're the idiot.

These are simply value shoppers that are taking a risk to save some money.

They aren't the patient base we see in our hospital that have enough trouble keeping the lights on in the winter.

Pretty pitiful......when you consider ER-admi$$on$ your base.

handjob.gif

That's the point.... they can AFFORD it numbnuts.

Do they make millions by overspending...

You fucking buffoon

No.....they make millions thru TAX-CUTS!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDdWJcpJj0]Maddow: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for the rich - YouTube[/ame]

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid fucking Teabaggers.

No... they make millions thru their EARNINGS... and still keep some even though they are taxed higher than others (while MILLIONS of earners pay ZERO federal income tax)...

Again.. the rich don't get rich by making stupid decisions with their money.... and if it were higher quality and cheaper to go to Belgium or Guatemala or wherever... THEY WOULD GO GET IT THERE IN DROVES... but the fact is they get their care RIGHT HERE... where the top facilities, doctors, procedures, etc are....

Yes, you do get people going for unapproved quack procedures, risky procedures when they are willing to try ANYTHING, in other places... but the quality of care is here...

You idiot fucking troll

It's already been pointed out that ONLY the VERY wealthy come here from other countries to get medical treatment. That ONE incident in no way supports your claim that "far more come to the states then go to Mexico". Prove that claim.

Oh, and just so you can dig REALLY deep to match numbers...925,000 people traveled to Mexico for medical treatment and 50% of them were Americans. Over 1 million Americans have retired in Mexico and receive their regular medical care from there.

Did you know that there are almost 400 drug pharmacies in Tijuana alone? When my grandfather lived near Palm Springs he joined the hoards that would go to Mexico for cheaper drugs.

And that's just Mexico. There are huge forays into Canada for cheaper drugs too...

It's already been pointed out that ONLY the VERY wealthy come here from other countries to get medical treatment. That ONE incident in no way supports your claim that "far more come to the states then go to Mexico". Prove that claim.

Oh, and just so you can dig REALLY deep to match numbers...925,000 people traveled to Mexico for medical treatment and 50% of them were Americans. Over 1 million Americans have retired in Mexico and receive their regular medical care from there.

Did you know that there are almost 400 drug pharmacies in Tijuana alone? When my grandfather lived near Palm Springs he joined the hoards that would go to Mexico for cheaper drugs.

And that's just Mexico. There are huge forays into Canada for cheaper drugs too...

Only the very wealthy? Not so. However many are.

I know a guy who went to mexico for dental needs. Saved thousands. He got a procedure that would be 5 grand here for about 600 bucks. The risks were very different.

Now does that mean the costs are too high or that smoking dope burned up his money and was forced to compromise?

Nothing is black and white as the left has attempted to pass off here.

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

Sorry, getting meds is not what medical tourism is in my book. Also, getting meds from mexico.... i would not trust.

But i do agree with you. Meds should be cheap here and we should charge the rest of the world up the ass for them.
The US provides a disproportionate share of the drug company profits and research dollars. So the next time you shell out a hundred dollars a month for a prescription, that the rest of the world is paying $30 or $40, you can take comfort in the fact that you're paying the lion's share of the drug research and CEO salaries of the world's drug companies.
"Medicare Part D drug prices are substantially higher than the prices obtained by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which negotiates prices on behalf of consumers. For all of the top 20 drugs prescribed to seniors, the lowest price charged by any Part D plan was higher than the lowest price secured by the VA. Yet Congress refused to let Medicare negotiate directly with the drug companies, as the VA does."

:eusa_whistle:

100,000+ Americans travel to places like India, Belgium, Mexico, Spain, Columbia, S. Korea etc. each year to get medical procedures either denied to them here or too expensive for them to afford. The trend and numbers are growing.

Know what the problem is........we're the only industriali ed country in the world where over 500 companies make profits off of sick people. After all that we still rank 37th in general health and longeivity.
Of course, all the 36 countries on that list that outrank the US have a more socialized healthcare system than the US. In fact, every country ranking higher than the US has universal coverage or universal healthcare. The US healthcare system is the most expensive in world and healthcare outcomes are one of worst among developed countries.

This is such drivel. And I surprized you continue to post it.

Those countries have an industry that caters to people who have the time and money to travel to places (often doing some vacationing as I understand it) and then having a procedure.

Our "healthcare system" is not a monolith.
.....But, they surely do know how to.....

.....while maximizing PROFIT$!!!!!

Ok... procedures... what about medication? I know people up here in the NE who go to Canada to buy their prescriptions because it's 1/3(or even less) of the cost as in these great United States. That would ALSO be a form of medical tourism.

You people are too damned dumb to realize that our own Medical companies are raking us across the coals while giving huge breaks to the rest of the world.

It's not quite that simple.

Multiple Reasons for Cost Differences

The reason that prescription medications are cheaper in Canada is complex and there are several factors that contribute to the lower costs.

The Canadian government puts a cap, or ceiling, on the amount that drug companies can charge pharmacies and other distributors of drugs. This reduces the wholesale cost of medication for most organizations throughout Canada by about five percent. The prices are determined by Canada’s Patented Medicine Prices Review Board. Since drugstores pay less for many medications, they can sell them for less.

Each of the Canadian provinces, like Quebec and Ontario, has a drug formulary that puts restrictions on the use of new and expensive medications. Since the provinces provide the bulk of drugs to higher users of medication, (seniors), they have the power to negotiate directly with pharmaceutical companies to lower prices for a medication to get on the formulary. In Ontario, for example, the formulary includes less than 35 percent of new medications.

Canadian pharmaceutical companies have lower liability costs than U.S. drug companies. Canadians are not only less likely than Americans to sue healthcare providers or drug companies but when they do sue, awards and damages are a lot lower than in the U.S. In the U.S., some economists consider the cost of liability insurance for a drug company to be similar to a “tax” on medications.

Standard of Living May Be the Key Factor

The most important factor, however, may be the difference in the standard of living between the two countries. The average Canadian's standard of living is 20 percent to 30 percent lower than the average American's standard of living. This difference affects the price that a drug company sets for a brand name drug.

In the U.S, for example, a can of Miller’s beer may be less expensive in rural New Mexico than it is in Beverly Hills. Similarly, that is why some brand name drugs like Lipitor and Diovan are cheaper in Canada –- many Canadians cannot afford to pay as much as their American counterparts and the drug companies sell these medications for less.

It is a bit complicated but I hope answered your question!

Canadian Drugs - Why Are Drugs Less Expensive in Canada

Only the very wealthy? Not so. However many are.

I know a guy who went to mexico for dental needs. Saved thousands. He got a procedure that would be 5 grand here for about 600 bucks. The risks were very different.

Now does that mean the costs are too high or that smoking dope burned up his money and was forced to compromise?

Nothing is black and white as the left has attempted to pass off here.

So, devoid of facts to back up your claim. Thanks for playing.

100,000+ Americans travel to places like India, Belgium, Mexico, Spain, Columbia, S. Korea etc. each year to get medical procedures either denied to them here or too expensive for them to afford. The trend and numbers are growing.

Know what the problem is........we're the only industriali ed country in the world where over 500 companies make profits off of sick people. After all that we still rank 37th in general health and longeivity.

There is a lot more to medical tourism than your idealogical point.

One reason people travel for surgeries is they face a long wait time in their country due to socialized medicine. Another is the lower standards, infection rate, and sub-par medical products.

Another thread that is not going how you wanted.

Another twit; why don't you research medical tourism? you might just learn something. BTW, insurance companies are starting to cover medical procedures performed outside the US. They are promoting it by offering lower insurance rates. You may be the next ignorant individual headed to India.

I really hate being so rude, but God Damn, I'm sick of the trash talking, especially when you have your fucking head stuck in the sand.
....Or, like Diamond Dave.....struck up-their-ass.​

It's a great thing.

My, what the market can do when it is allowed to work !

Many, as I understand it, will travel the countries on a vacation and then have the procedure.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Tell that to the 50,000,000 who can't afford health insurance and have to live every day hoping that their children won't get sick. The goddam "Let Them Eat Cake Crew" continues to bowl me over with their right wing ignorance and or callousness each passing day.

Hey.....lighten-up.....you're referring to good Christians.

crazy_christians.jpg

Guess the thousands that come here better get here quick before ObamaCare kicks in, huh?:eusa_whistle::eusa_hand:
Yeah.....right.....before Obamacare......

:eusa_doh:
Stupid Teabaggers.

Oh the biggest thing about Obamacare would be a single payer situation where every citi en was covered but of course corporations and their 5000 lobbyists want no part of that and that means Republicans don't either.

The only two features of Obamacare which are already effective are insurance companies not being able to exclude someone because of pre existing conditions and young people being eligible for coverage on their parent's health care to age 26. The rest of it won't kick in till 2014...thanks to Republican opposition.
You should probably.....

Forum List

Back