CDZ Hate is the real enemy?

I condemn hate against anyone and everyone

• Total voters
I

Indofred

I hope you like this message of unity and harmony.

We see so much hate and misery in our world, mostly cause by ignorance and lack of education, but people such as the guys in the video show us we can all live together in harmony, accepting and understanding the thoughts and beliefs of our fellows whilst maintaining our own faith (or lack of it).

That made me think about something else - Who is the real enemy?
It strikes me that the extremists in Islam work to produce hate and fear, as do the extremist Christians and extremist Jews.

The rest of all of these groups are far more interested in sending their kids to school and paying the electricity bill than bombing or shooting anyone.
This means it isn't Christians, Muslims or Jews who are the enemy, but just the extremists in all of these groups, along with the greedy and uneducated who use or follow them.

Let's use the example in the video to condemn all extremism and all those who seek to cause division and unrest.

The real enemy is anyone who directly threatens my wife or my own life.
Therefore, I reserve the right to hate anyone who attempts to do that and will do my damndest to accordingly dispatch them straight to hell.

Religion is certainly much of what drives hate, but there is a growing political component as well.

I can't speak for other countries, but it's certainly clear that in America there exists a great deal of hate on both ends of the political spectrum.

My only guess as to how it can be fixed is for leaders from both political sides and popular culture as well to be brave enough to step forward against it.

There are too many people in this country who have a vested interest in keeping people angry and divided, and they must be exposed for the damage they cause.

And by the way, the term "hate" has been diluted down to essentially just mean disagreement. I'm talking about real hate on both ends of the spectrum for the other end.

The question in my mind is whether "hate" is too strong an emotion to have with regard to another person. I am inclined to think the answer is" yes," and that there is never just cause to hate, but I also know that the range of situations and personalities that may happen, and that I can imagine or meet, is far greater than the range of them to which I've been exposed.

Consequently, I must choose the third answer in the poll. I cannot identify a good reason to hate anyone or anything, but that I cannot does not mean there is none.

I'm going to be blunt. Hate is not easily conquered, it is pervasive and destructive. However, I reserve the right to hate in whatever fashion I wish to hate. To hate anyone or anything is my prerogative. Do I want to hate? No. I don't hate anything or anyone unless they give me sufficient reason to.

Interesting topic. It makes me think of a few things I've been reflecting on. Hatred is fueled by fear and anger. Rage comes out of violation. I think it's important to pay attention to what's going on inside when I'm angry, afraid, feel violated or in rage or hate.

It's an inside job. We don't bring peace to the world if we're in torment ourselves.

And by the way, the term "hate" has been diluted down to essentially just mean disagreement. I'm talking about real hate on both ends of the spectrum for the other end.
I, too, think the word "hate" has been diluted, just like the word "love". We love and hate so often in our everyday conversation. But we usually feel more strongly about hate and what it means. I try not to hate people. God tells me not to. But I strongly dislike (hate) situations. All people are children of God, though they may take different paths to finding Him. So how do we "accept" ISIS, North Koreans, and others who clearly hate us? I don't know. I trust that God will give us the wisdom to find peace, although I do wish that He would hurry.

I, too, think the word "hate" has been diluted, just like the word "love". We love and hate so often in our everyday conversation. But we usually feel more strongly about hate and what it means. I try not to hate people. God tells me not to. But I strongly dislike (hate) situations. All people are children of God, though they may take different paths to finding Him. So how do we "accept" ISIS, North Koreans, and others who clearly hate us? I don't know. I trust that God will give us the wisdom to find peace, although I do wish that He would hurry.

Easy. You do exactly what Jesus said to do. You treat others just as you want to be treated. The wisdom needed has already been given. The thing is too many folks fail to without exception apply it.

You accept the people and you reject their ideas. You accept that they essentially want to exist and raise their kids and whatnot in peace just as you do and that they see "your" actions as just as much of an impediment to their doing so as you see theirs as being anathema to your doing the same thing. Then open a dialogue with them to discuss your commonalities and what you can do to ensure you both can achieve those things.

Hate is natural, but so is disease. We fight disease, but we accept hate. It's hard to reject hate when people walk into a rock concert and blow themselves up. There's nothing easier than fanning the flames of hatred under those kind of conditions.

A thousand times worse, imo, is the hatred generated by the partisan divide here in the US. These divisions are artificial and also easily exploited by politicians for their personal gain.

So, sure, hatred is is the real enemy, but what pushes back against it? The teachings of Christ have been around for a couple of thousand years.

Yes. Nazis hate blacks.

1933-1945 Nazism hate and kill jewish.

KKK in US hate and kill blacks and blacks kill KKK.

KKK in US a real enemy for blacks last 100 year.

Forum List

Back