Hate Crime

Truth is, that before hate crime legislation, most hate crimes were not reported. I was a victim of a hate crime. I reported the assault, but I didn't report the bias motivation for the crime. Even with hate crime law in effect, proving the bias isn't easy. I was afraid of retaliation, and of losing my job.

My Buddhist Center was graced with a burning cross. A burning cross is not simple arson. It is designed to send a message to a group of people that YOUR KIND are not wanted in our community.

And since you did not report the bias in the attack the person would still be charged for the crime they commited.

You might feel the bias motivation makes no difference, or even that the assault was deserved. It wasn't one isolated incident either.

A Jewish synagogue was vandalized by four Arab- American males in the Bronx, New York. Not a simple vandalism, the crime was intended to intimidate the Jewish community.

Are you a professional victim?

And since you did not report the bias in the attack the person would still be charged for the crime they commited.

You might feel the bias motivation makes no difference, or even that the assault was deserved. It wasn't one isolated incident either.

A Jewish synagogue was vandalized by four Arab- American males in the Bronx, New York. Not a simple vandalism, the crime was intended to intimidate the Jewish community.

Are you a professional victim?

No, I'm not. I work in a professional capacity with victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, however.

No one is answering the question. Do you KNOW ANY victims of hate crime? I know many.

I know quite a few people who are criminally stupid. Does that count? :lol:

If you don't know anyone who has been targeted for a hate crime then you don't see it's importance.

My life experience has been that I've lived in several communities where hate crimes were perpetrated and I've seen first hand the effect it's had on the community.

Truth is, that before hate crime legislation, most hate crimes were not reported. I was a victim of a hate crime. I reported the assault, but I didn't report the bias motivation for the crime. Even with hate crime law in effect, proving the bias isn't easy. I was afraid of retaliation, and of losing my job.

My Buddhist Center was graced with a burning cross. A burning cross is not simple arson. It is designed to send a message to a group of people that YOUR KIND are not wanted in our community.

Church burning is not simple arson, it is intended to make the entire congregation afraid.

And where did I say you deserved it. Nobody deserved to be assulted. Your problem is that you want extra pity when something bad happens to you.

hate_crime1.jpg

Church burning is not simple arson, it is intended to make the entire congregation afraid.

And where did I say you deserved it. Nobody deserved to be assulted. Your problem is that you want extra pity when something bad happens to you.

That's not true. I don't want extra pity. I don't want ANY pity. I merely point out that hate crime affects MORE than just the victim and the victims family. It affects the entire minority community.

A church arson, is not the same as burning down a hardware store. It is a message to people of that faith that YOUR KIND aren't wanted.

Hate crime law arose out of the violence toward blacks in the South. Lynchings, church burnings, rapes. The crimes were not taken seriously because the community tacitly agreed that the blacks had no status. It was once not even a crime for a white man to rape a black woman.

Last edited:

That's not true. I don't want extra pity. I don't want ANY pity. I merely point out that hate crime affects MORE than just the victim and the victims family. It affects the entire minority community.

A church arson, is not the same as burning down a hardware store. It is a message to people of that faith that YOUR KIND aren't wanted.

Arson is arson. The motivation behind the crime is meaninless.

I bet you would love it if I went off on some anit-gay pro-christian rant right now. That would just make you happier than a pig in mud. Then you could do what you do best play the victim. You are a professional victim.

In 1993, in Sacramento, four arsons and three attempted arson were perpetrated by a white supremacists. The NAACP offices were destroyed by fire, and a synagogue was nearly burned. The arsonist used molotov cocktails and also targeted the offices of the Japanese American Citizens League and the home of an Asian-American city councilman. The group claimed responsibility for the actions was called the "Aryan Liberation Front". Media coverage of these incidents caused widespread fear. The public demanded a coordinated response to the problem of these serial hate crimes.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/fs000161.pdf

I bet you would love it if I went off on some anit-gay pro-christian rant right now. That would just make you happier than a pig in mud. Then you could do what you do best play the victim. You are a professional victim.

The motivation behind the crime is important. If your church were targeted because people hated Christians I doubt you would consider it a simple arson.

I stand up for civil rights. I would want the persons responsible for targeting your church charged with a hate crime. Hate crime is a "message crime". The message is "YOUR KIND IS NOT WANTED. GET OUT."

Painting a swastika on a synagogue wall is not the same crime as simple "tagging".

Last edited:

The motivation behind the crime is important. If your church were targeted because people hated Christians I doubt you would consider it a simple arson.

I stand up for civil rights.

No if someone burned my church we all would consider it arson, plain and simple. Then we would forgive the person that did it. Pray for their souls and let the state do what it does punish arsonists.

If a man is raping women because he hates women, hate crime?

No if someone burned my church we all would consider it arson, plain and simple. Then we would forgive the person that did it. Pray for their souls and let the state do what it does punish arsonists.

Whatever. Your mind is closed to the topic. That's fine.

In 1993, in Sacramento, four arsons and three attempted arson were perpetrated by a white supremacists. The NAACP offices were destroyed by fire, and a synagogue was nearly burned. The arsonist used molotov cocktails and also targeted the offices of the Japanese American Citizens League and the home of an Asian-American city councilman. The group claimed responsibility for the actions was called the "Aryan Liberation Front". Media coverage of these incidents caused widespread fear. The public demanded a coordinated response to the problem of these serial hate crimes.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/fs000161.pdf
What thats all you got!!look up how many thousands of whites were attacked by blacks last year!!i will not post the figures because libs will call me a liar....so look it up for yourself!!!

If a man is raping women because he hates women, hate crime?

Is he choosing disabled women, women of color, lesbians to rape because he hates these groups and wants to send a message to their community?

Rape is a crime of violence. A lesbian activist getting gang raped, brutally beaten and stabbed 25 times is not a simple rape and assault case. That crime's message is "don't you dare fight for your rights."

Unlike other crimes that target individuals, bias-related acts have a tremendous effect on an entire community. When one person is targeted because of his or her race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or other characteristic, others in the community who were not the direct targets of the hate crime may also feel at risk. Tensions between different communities can also arise as a result of a hate crime.

A person who commits a hate crime cannot be brought to justice and held accountable for his or her acts if the crime is not reported. Most of these crimes are not reported.

Racially motivated hate crimes are the most common kind of hate crime. Religiously motivated comes in second, with sexual orientation coming in third, ethnicity coming in fourth.

Lynching, cross burning, church burning are just a few.

Last edited:

Whatever. Your mind is closed to the topic. That's fine.

And so is yours. You dont want intellegent discussion.

Forum List

Back