Hatchet help

My daughter bought me a Kindling Cracker as a Christmas gift several years back.....Too much fun, I bet I have enough kindling for this season and the next. It's almost addictive using it. ;)

2c5cea038c890d65e542dfe4986fc26a.jpg

LOL....Check this thing out!

I got into using "fatwood" for kindling. Love it.

I have another confession to make...I buy my firewood. I no longer drive to the woods and cut it myself. Old age has caught up with me.:(
Same here.....To be honest it's almost a zero sum game cost wise.....I did have a big maple removed last year and had them cut it to firewood length. I worked it up in about a week.....Almost three cords worth.

Same here.....To be honest it's almost a zero sum game cost wise.....I did have a big maple removed last year and had them cut it to firewood length. I worked it up in about a week.....Almost three cords worth.
With price of gas to drive to the woods, I save money by buying it, but I really enjoyed cutting it myself. :confused:

With price of gas to drive to the woods, I save money by buying it, but I really enjoyed cutting it myself. :confused:
I can't say I ever enjoyed it but it was something that I had to do when I was among the "poors".

We had our own land to cut it on at the time so my dad and myself would tend to it as he burned too. I can't say I was sorry when I could afford to buy it instead. ;)

You know what I take camping to cut wood? A hand saw, and I'll get a cut started, then have

the chilluns finish it off. :abgg2q.jpg:

They'll go to town with that thing!

Seein' how big a stuff they can cut with it.

Something like this:

Amazon product

It's a lot lighter than any hatchet. It'll let you know how old you are real quick, too. :aargh:

You know what I take camping to cut wood? A hand saw, and I'll get a cut started, then have

the chilluns finish it off. :abgg2q.jpg:

They'll go to town with that thing!

Seein' how big a stuff they can cut with it.

Something like this:

Amazon product

It's a lot lighter than any hatchet. It'll let you know how old you are real quick, too. :aargh:

I just bought this to carry in my bugout bag, not really planning to cut wood with it. Who knows, indians might attack!

I just bought this to carry in my bugout bag, not really planning to cut wood with it. Who knows, indians might attack!
If it's actually wood-cutting, I'd recommend a hand saw like the one I posted.

Sawing has it all kinds of over chopping.

I don't have a bugout bag, I'm just gonna make a stand.

..So I say right now..:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back