Has Trump Done More For Christianity Than Anyone Else??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Trump said in an interview on evangelical network CBN News taped at Mar-a-Lago. “You know, nobody has done more for Christianity, nobody has done more for religion of all types, than me. And they’re really doing things now, to—and I’ve always said it, they are against organized religion, they’re against Christianity.” In 2018, he claimed on the same network, “[N]obody’s done more for Christians or evangelicals or frankly religion than I have.” He came out with the same statement in 2021, on another Christian network, The Victory Channel. He has also in the past declared that “nobody” has more respect for women than he does, that he knows “more about courts than any human being on Earth,” that he knows “more about drones than anybody.”

Putting those other claims aside, like no one knowing more about courts or more about drones -- when it comes to no one doing more for Christianity and all other religions than anyone else ever, why is that not a true statement? First of all, he has done more for the Jews; just look at the fact he brought peace to Israel and moved our embassy to Jerusalem, which also did a lot for Muslims...more than anyone else has......no one else did that, he did it....As for Christianity, name someone who has done more? Very early in his presidency, he saved Christmas and made it legal to say Merry Christmas again..he restored Jesus in this country..and most recently, he ended Roe V Wade...something that Christians had been promising to do for decades....but he got it done...Not even Jesus was powerful enough to stop it...but he did....so essentially, when he said no one has done more for all religions - why not include Jesus in that?? Only people who would be triggered by this claim would be Catholics...they may claim its blasphemy, but they aren't real Chrisitians anyway, so who cares.....

"Trump said in an interview on evangelical network CBN News taped at Mar-a-Lago. “You know, nobody has done more for Christianity, nobody has done more for religion of all types, than me. And they’re really doing things now, to—and I’ve always said it, they are against organized religion, they’re against Christianity.” In 2018, he claimed on the same network, “[N]obody’s done more for Christians or evangelicals or frankly religion than I have.” He came out with the same statement in 2021, on another Christian network, The Victory Channel. He has also in the past declared that “nobody” has more respect for women than he does, that he knows “more about courts than any human being on Earth,” that he knows “more about drones than anybody.”

Putting those other claims aside, like no one knowing more about courts or more about drones -- when it comes to no one doing more for Christianity and all other religions than anyone else ever, why is that not a true statement? First of all, he has done more for the Jews; just look at the fact he brought peace to Israel and moved our embassy there...no one else did that, he did it....As for Christianity, name someone who has done more? Very early in his presidency, he saved Christmas and made it legal to say Merry Christmas again..he restored Jesus in this country..and most recently, he ended Roe V Wade...something that Christians had been promising to do for decades....but he got it done...Not even Jesus was powerful enough to stop it...but he did....so essentially, when he said no one has done more for all religions - why not include Jesus in that?? Only people who would be triggered by this claim would be Catholics...they may claim its blasphemy, but they aren't real Chrisitians anyway, so who cares.....

Trump is a maniac to say such things. He belongs in a rubber room. Does he ever listen to himself?

What Trump and his followers believe isn't Christianity. It's an American folk religion that uses some of the trappings of Christianity. However, being that its beliefs and actions are the opposite of those of Christianity, it's certainly not Christianity.

"Christianism" is a good name for it, similar to "Islamicism."

He says it, so they believe it.

They'll line up to defend what he said.

Such is the nature of a cult.
I highly doubt most Trump supporters believe this....
But if they think it will "trigger the libs" to believe it..they will.....
They will do all sorts of embarrassing things to themselves if they think it will trigger the libs...

I'm a Trump supporter and I don't believe this. Especially about the respect for all women part,.. luckily, neither of those things take away from the fact of how great a president he was. He might be a Christian, but I don't see how he's done more for Christianity than anyone else. Like hasn't Jesus done a whole lot more?

I'm a Trump supporter and I don't believe this. Especially about the respect for all women part,.. luckily, neither of those things take away from the fact of how great a president he was. He might be a Christian, but I don't see how he's done more for Christianity than anyone else. Like hasn't Jesus done a whole lot more?
I am sure one can say that he didn't mean to include Jesus....

However, believing you have done more for Hindus than Vishnu...I can see that being true.....Just think about it....most Trumpers have no idea who Vishnu is until Trump basically claimed he has done more than him......and that helps Hindus everywhere

Putting those other claims aside, like no one knowing more about courts or more about drones -- when it comes to no one doing more for Christianity and all other religions than anyone else ever, why is that not a true statement? First of all, he has done more for the Jews; just look at the fact he brought peace to Israel and moved our embassy to Jerusalem, which also did a lot for Muslims...more than anyone else has......no one else did that, he did it....As for Christianity, name someone who has done more? Very early in his presidency, he saved Christmas and made it legal to say Merry Christmas again..he restored Jesus in this country..and most recently, he ended Roe V Wade...something that Christians had been promising to do for decades....but he got it done...Not even Jesus was powerful enough to stop it...but he did....so essentially, when he said no one has done more for all religions - why not include Jesus in that?? Only people who would be triggered by this claim would be Catholics...they may claim its blasphemy, but they aren't real Chrisitians anyway, so who cares.....

Rump is no Christian.

Trump is a maniac to say such things. He belongs in a rubber room. Does he ever listen to himself?
With your comments re: science, some of it and political comments belong in the Rubber Room.

Trump got rid of "the Johnson Amendment" which he said was a "very bad thing."

The Johnson Amendment is a provision to the US tax code which prohibits non-profit organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates, or risk losing their tax-exempt status.

Trump reinstated the Mexico City policy, which blocks federal funding for foreign non-governmental organizations that make referrals for abortion or discuss abortion as an option.

With your comments re: science, some of it and political comments belong in the Rubber Room.

Trump got rid of "the Johnson Amendment" which he said was a "very bad thing."

The Johnson Amendment is a provision to the US tax code which prohibits non-profit organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates, or risk losing their tax-exempt status.

Trump reinstated the Mexico City policy, which blocks federal funding for foreign non-governmental organizations that make referrals for abortion or discuss abortion as an option.
How cruel.

So here's the question: Do you think he really believes that?
I am willing to bet that Trump and company believes ZERO of what they say -- but they have so much utter contempt for the intellect of their base that they know they can tell them anything and they will believe it...

This is most evident by Trump's latest comment about terminating the Constitution and how all of his cult followers are bending over backwards to justify it.

Forum List

Back