Has The House Violated The 14th Amendment?

the problem is that you thikn you're "in control". you have the house. the dems still have the executive and the senate.someone needs to humble you guys.

and theirin lies the answer as to why we're so fucked up. thanks Jill.

how so? cause they can't clean up your mess fast enough? *shrug*

The senate has been in control of the democrats since 2007

And Congress was in control of the democrats from 2007 until 2011
and from 209 until 2011 the democrats had full control. You are living in a dream if you think the minority party could screw things up so badly. Nope this problem falls squarely in the laps of the democrats and Bush Jr./ Nobamush Carter clinton and Bush Sr. Let's also not forget obama was a senator from 2007 until 2009.

linking it to things that are not passable..

think more instead of posting what you wish were true.

the FACT is that by dragging their butts and holding the country hostage to the rightwingnut agenda, they have very much undermined us financially. The question is, does it rise to the level of a constitutional violation?

They did the job. Time for dems to put the credit card away and suck it up and grow a spine.

Time for the Retards to get off their monsterous fat butts, reach up in the crack of their ass and grab their billfold and prepare to pay more taxes for the fiddler they hired.:lol:

Did you think more taxes was not coming?

I have never held that illusion. The next argument will be we need to raise them to service the debt.

No leftie has had the balls to answer this question. Do you?

How much is enough?

The rightwingnut threads on the debt ceiling have made me wonder... the 14th Amendment is pretty clear in stating that "the validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insuurection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Isn't what the House is doing, in undermining the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, a violation of that provision?
It could be argued it would be a failure on the part of both the Legislative and Executive, as Section 4 applies to the Federal government overall.

In this case Congress’ failure to adequately fund the government would force Treasury (Executive) to elect to pay outstanding debts (with vital social programs going without) or funding the vital social programs and not paying the debts (default).

Per Section 4, therefore, it would seem the Secretary would be constitutionally obligated to authorize the necessary payments to avoid default.

Section 5, however, authorizes Congress to enforce ‘by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.’ Clearly Congress has failed to enact ‘appropriate legislation,’ also in violation of the 14th Amendment.

Since the original intent of the Framers was for Congress to take lead on such issues, the ‘burden of failure,’ if you will, would fall to Congress. It alone controls the purse strings and without its appropriate action the rest of the government can not function or meet its obligations.

Of course the courts refuse to get involved with intra-branch disputes, per Dellums, and as with the Libya/WPA controversy, there would be no way to compel or enjoin either branch’s action (or inaction).

The consequences would therefore be political only.

dimocrats have been in control for most of the last 50 years.. and look where we izzzzz...

Fucking Obama and the Democrats have failed to even pass a budget in almost 2 years? And this silly partisan Liberal Hack Jill, wants to give them a pass and blame Republicans for this mess.

Really is funny when you think about it. Show's you just how warped their thinking is.

The rightwingnut threads on the debt ceiling have made me wonder... the 14th Amendment is pretty clear in stating that "the validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insuurection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Isn't what the House is doing, in undermining the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, a violation of that provision?

Actually, as mentioned, they've passed several bills.
The question is whether Obama and the Democrats ought to be impeached for a) failing to pass a budget for the last 2years, and b) running up the debt to where it is nearly unpayable.
The otehr question is when you will finally admit you aren't a lawyer at all but instead a barmaid in a drag bar.

The question is whether Obama and the Democrats ought to be impeached for a) failing to pass a budget for the last 2years, and b) running up the debt to where it is nearly unpayable.
The otehr question is when you will finally admit you aren't a lawyer at all but instead a barmaid in a drag bar.

whatever makes you feel better about yourself, toilet salesman. :thup:

How sweet is it to see the lefty k00ks mired in utter misery? Ask me if IM giddy these days?

And its only going to get better over the next 16 months as focus shifts again to the wonderful state of our economy!!!

Barack-Obama-Campaign-Logo-2.png

Last edited:

I feel better than I am not pretending to be something I am clearly not.
Have you cleaned up the puke by the juke box yet?

toilet salesman?? oh that was good.. vewy good.. :eusa_eh:

toilet salesman?? oh that was good.. vewy good.. :eusa_eh:

thanks. :D

but i didn't choose his job. i figure he did the best he could under the circumstances.

So in your warped Liberal Mind. Even though they have passed 3 Separate Bills, which the Senate and WH refuse to even consider. They have violated the 14th Amendment? Interesting Logic there.

Furthermore so far all "debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insuurection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Have been paid, and can continue to be paid out of the 200 Billion dollars a Month the Government takes in. So in effect what you are suggesting is that we must extend the Debt Limit, and allow the government to borrow an additional 100 Billion a Month because they can not meet all our Debt Obligations (which Total about 40 Billion a month) out of 200 Billion and simply have to BORROW MORE money to even pay the interest on the debt.

Again, Interesting logic.

So far I have seen one side pass 3 Bills, and the other side refuse to even consider them. IMO it would the the side refusing to consider them if anyone, that would be in violation on the 14th Amendment, but in reality that amendment will only be Violated, IF WE CHOOSE, not to honor our Debt Obligations out of the 200 Billion a month we take in. Which anyone with 2 grade Math skills can see we can do, WITH OUT BORROWING MORE MONEY!

The party of no refused to vote on a bill sent from the house?

depends on your place in the pecking order... he isn't that bright.

Sez the woman who fell for Anthony's Wiener.

thanks for stopping by.

:cuckoo:

The truth hurts, I know.
If you would just come clean and admit you are not really a lawyer you would have more cred here. As it is, every word you write is tainted by the stench of bullshit. That and the fact you can't argue a sunny day byt must insult anyone who disagrees with you.

Forum List

Back