Has The House Violated The 14th Amendment?

The minority should never have such power again to shove financial ruin on the country for their historically failed ideas

Why we wouldn't do that to your liberals. Because all you do and even when you were in control was whine moan and bitch.

the problem is that you thikn you're "in control". you have the house. the dems still have the executive and the senate.

someone needs to humble you guys.

The minority should never have such power again to shove financial ruin on the country for their historically failed ideas

Why we wouldn't do that to your liberals. Because all you do and even when you were in control was whine moan and bitch.

the problem is that you thikn you're "in control". you have the house. the dems still have the executive and the senate.

do it. invoke the 14th amendment i beg of you.

the problem is that you thikn you're "in control". you have the house. the dems still have the executive and the senate.someone needs to humble you guys.

and theirin lies the answer as to why we're so fucked up. thanks Jill.

The rightwingnut threads on the debt ceiling have made me wonder... the 14th Amendment is pretty clear in stating that "the validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insuurection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Isn't what the House is doing, in undermining the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, a violation of that provision?

No.

14th clearly says what has to be paid. If there is no increase in debt ceiling, we'll know soon who respect the Constitution, and who violates it.

one more time... those are dissents and not the ruling of the court.

OH I see this case was about Roosevelts gold confiscation.

You do realize that is the Superme court had been doing it's job and protecting individuals rights the Gold Reserve Act of 1934 would and should have been ruled unconstitutional and repealed.

it doesn't really matter what you *think* the court should have done, hon. I *think* Breyer's dissent in Heller was correct. That and $2.00 will get me on a subway.

True it really doesn't matter'
However what matters is what the Constitution says

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

Paper value does not equal the value of gold so anyone who had their gold stole was not justly compensated

Ame®icano;3938107 said:
The rightwingnut threads on the debt ceiling have made me wonder... the 14th Amendment is pretty clear in stating that "the validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insuurection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Isn't what the House is doing, in undermining the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, a violation of that provision?

No.

14th clearly says what has to be paid. If there is no increase in debt ceiling, we'll know soon who respect the Constitution, and who violates it.

actually, it says EVERYTHING has to be paid. "including" the specific things named. It does NOT exclude everything else that needs to be paid if that's what you're implying.

OH I see this case was about Roosevelts gold confiscation.

You do realize that is the Superme court had been doing it's job and protecting individuals rights the Gold Reserve Act of 1934 would and should have been ruled unconstitutional and repealed.

it doesn't really matter what you *think* the court should have done, hon. I *think* Breyer's dissent in Heller was correct. That and $2.00 will get me on a subway.

True it really doesn't matter'
However what matters is what the Constitution says

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

Paper value does not equal the value of gold so anyone who had their gold stole was not justly compensated

not really... the constitution says a lot of things. how they are interpreted by the high court is what matters.

absent such interpretation, how do you define "due process"?

do it. invoke the 14th amendment i beg of you.

I hope he does it. I really do, It's not like it would be the first time he side stepped congress. This time I thiunk it will stick.

the problem is that you thikn you're "in control". you have the house. the dems still have the executive and the senate.someone needs to humble you guys.

how so? cause they can't clean up your mess fast enough? *shrug*

how so? cause they can't clean up your mess fast enough? *shrug*

you guys should not be in office, you are clearly not up to the job and can do nothing except name call and point fingers,, not very damn adult, if he couldn't do it he should not have lied about being able to do it, yep,, the senate and the wh have fucked up and over the entire country..

Nope.......

They have passed three bills.

linking it to things that are not passable..

think more instead of posting what you wish were true.

the FACT is that by dragging their butts and holding the country hostage to the rightwingnut agenda, they have very much undermined us financially. The question is, does it rise to the level of a constitutional violation?

They did the job. Time for dems to put the credit card away and suck it up and grow a spine.

Time for the Retards to get off their monsterous fat butts, reach up in the crack of their ass and grab their billfold and prepare to pay more taxes for the fiddler they hired.:lol:

So in your warped Liberal Mind. Even though they have passed 3 Separate Bills, which the Senate and WH refuse to even consider. They have violated the 14th Amendment? Interesting Logic there.

Furthermore so far all "debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insuurection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Have been paid, and can continue to be paid out of the 200 Billion dollars a Month the Government takes in. So in effect what you are suggesting is that we must extend the Debt Limit, and allow the government to borrow an additional 100 Billion a Month because they can not meet all our Debt Obligations (which Total about 40 Billion a month) out of 200 Billion and simply have to BORROW MORE money to even pay the interest on the debt.

Again, Interesting logic.

So far I have seen one side pass 3 Bills, and the other side refuse to even consider them. IMO it would the the side refusing to consider them if anyone, that would be in violation on the 14th Amendment, but in reality that amendment will only be Violated, IF WE CHOOSE, not to honor our Debt Obligations out of the 200 Billion a month we take in. Which anyone with 2 grade Math skills can see we can do, WITH OUT BORROWING MORE MONEY!

Last edited:

So in your warped Liberal Mind. Even though they have passed 3 Separate Bills, which the Senate and WH refuse to even consider. They have violated the 14th Amendment? Interesting Logic there.

Furthermore so far all "debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insuurection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Have been paid, and can continue to be paid out of the 200 Billion dollars a Month the Government takes in. So in effect what you are suggesting is that we must extend the Debt Limit, and allow the government to borrow an additional 100 Billion a Month because they can not meet all our Debt Obligations (which Total about 40 Billion a month) out of 200 Billion and simply have to BORROW MORE money to even pay the interest on the debt.

i'm sorry, charlie... do you think there's a discussion when you talk about my "warped liberal mind".

idiot...

but thanks for the rightwingnut talking points, as always.

linking it to things that are not passable..

think more instead of posting what you wish were true.

the FACT is that by dragging their butts and holding the country hostage to the rightwingnut agenda, they have very much undermined us financially. The question is, does it rise to the level of a constitutional violation?

They did the job. Time for dems to put the credit card away and suck it up and grow a spine.

Time for the Retards to get off their monsterous fat butts, reach up in the crack of their ass and grab their billfold and prepare to pay more taxes for the fiddler they hired.:lol:

The Rich already pay most of the burden while 51% of Americans pay NO FEDERAL taxes at all, and you call them lazy and fat? lol

i'm sorry, charlie... do you think there's a discussion when you talk about my "warped liberal mind".

idiot...

That's right hide behind the "you insulted me" BS and fail to address the facts I laid out, Which of course expose you for the Partisan Lying Hack you are, and yes shows us all your Warped liberal Mind.

But don't worry I was not posting to get into a rational Discussion with you, You have proven to me time and time again. That's not possible.

Excuse me of using talking points, that's to funny. The entire premise of your post, is based on a Democrat Lie (Talking Point)

I on the other hand acknowledge that Both sides are failing us at this time, While you seem to want to sit back and say. It's all the Right wings fault, Booo hooo hooo.

To funny, You amuse me to no end.

Last edited:

idiot...

when was the last time the dimocrats had a budget to live within??

idiot...

That's right hide behind the "you insulted me" BS and fail to address the facts I laid out, Which of course expose you for the Partisan Lying Hack you are, and yes shows us all your Warped liberal Mind.

But don't worry I was not posting to get into a rational Discussion with you, You have proven to me time and time again. That's not possible.

she's good at that.

Forum List

Back