Has anyone prayed to a God you don't believe in...

Lab animals have been training psychologists for years.

Hey watch this, says pigeon one to pigeon two. I've trained these humans to feed us when I peck on this task bar.

Sure.

I pray to Fulgora (Roman God of lightening) every time there's a lightening storm and she shasn't hit me with lightening since the mid 80s.

Now those Aztecs pray to Tlaloc when it comes to avoiding lightening strikes, but you all know what foolish heathens they are, right?

Tlaloc?! What a made up GOD. How can they believe that tripe, anyway?

Tlaloc is not at all a real god, like my good old god, Fulgora.

Now she's a real GOD and she really CARES about me, obviously.

Sure.

I pray to Fulgora (Roman God of lightening) every time there's a lightening storm and she shasn't hit me with lightening since the mid 80s.

Now those Aztecs pray to Tlaloc when it comes to avoiding lightening strikes, but you all know what foolish heathens they are, right?

Tlaloc?! What a made up GOD. How can they believe that tripe, anyway?

Tlaloc is not at all a real god, like my good old god, Fulgora.

Now she's a real GOD and she really CARES about me, obviously.

you should spend more time praying to thaleia.

trust me, it couldn't hurt.

ahhh fucking hell i was all about this thread then i read this:

It's an old problem and it can be found in animals other than humans. Fred Skinner found similar behaviour among pigeons

okay you bunch of clowns stop trashing roomies thread...i pray for his ass to put on a shirt and what do i get...

of course we have all prayed to a god we didnt believe in...most of us are so indoctrinated with religion by the time we are 5 or 6 we dare not believe anything else....take me for example..raised southern baptist...now a witch who worship the goddess hecate...of the moon....you would take me for a person with an open mind....well i can be as open as i want...but in the back of my mind....my mean inner fucking child is cowering...knowing we are going to hell....but i digress

yes i have prayed to a god who did not answer and you know something ro...may i call you ro? so have many many others when times are hard...when you feel so needy that surely there must be some higher power to make sense of all this...well there aint...not even the goddess i believe in...doesnt make sense of all this...we are mere mortals on this earth for such a short span of time that we dont matter...you are more or less trying to decide what makes luck for lack of a better word....you were unlucky the first time but stepped up and gave the wheel another spin and got lucky....if you have to lose one...better the first than the 2nd but ro..that is the way of it..there is no big ass design that designates what is going to happen to whom each sec of the day...we take what comes to us...someone once told me...if everyone got togther and put their troubles on the table..everyone would leave with their own....wouldnt it be grand here if we had all that peace and faith that some profess to have...but in reality they are just as we are...lost in the chaos...only difference is perhaps we see that no amount of pray is going to change things...i do not pray to my goddess as much as talk to her...she does not reply...why would she...if she did i would not understand her...

mortals do flatter themselves thinking that they are an image of their god/goddess etc. when in reality we are nothing more than a product of evolution...which some just have a damned hard time adapting to...it is hard for most to accept that they are nothing...

we live, we die, who really matters in the long run....as shakey said..we go become worm food in the end...hamlet i do believe....

you have neither failed yourself...nor any god....why would any god/goddess expect a human to live up to any type of standards...think about that...would it not be like you wanting an ameba to worship you?

take off the guilt..be joyful the wee one is fine and back at home....

life is short..for some shorter than others.....call...lonesome dove

happy winter solstice....axial tilt is the reason for the season!

merry christmas to the christians....

happy chanukah to the jews.....

good luck with stoning the devil to the muslims...happy hajj...

happy rohatsu to the buddist.....

happy pancha ganapati to ya hindus...

and happy yule to the satanist....

if i have left anyone out just let me know
Major Gods and Goddesses of the World
So many gods, so little time to hedge my bets.

I've prayed to the God of anti-stupidity, but got no answer.. I'm guessing there isn't one. :evil:

Thats all I need to know, now you can all fuck off.:tongue:

I am still an Athiest but will no doubt pray if and when.:eusa_angel:

I used to taunt and ask Poseidon to give me a good wave when I was on the beach.
His response was never immediate although he usually answered.

Lab animals have been training psychologists for years.

Hey watch this, says pigeon one to pigeon two. I've trained these humans to feed us when I peck on this task bar.

:lol: My dog trained me to throw the ball for her.

That's interesting. Pigeons also seem to be praying to the Great Pigeon God when they bow their heads up and down.

That has to do, they can't get the genuflection right - well with those feet it's a bit difficult for them :lol:

Anyway, having thought about it, I think dear old Fred Skinner only found something pigeons did after humans perfected it.

John Frum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this i s important queston for m e becuase i a m not sure.i g o to church with m y family but i dont pray so i dont get the answre.m y morfar he say there i s no god but he still pray. so, like you say, pray i f and when.:)

I agree with roomy on this, the insulting portions were out of line, those intended as such that is. Luckily though there weren't that many.

Forum List

Back