Has anyone been diagnosed with H. Pylori?

Thanks guys...apparently, I had an allergic reaction to the Biaxin. He changed the prescription to something else (I haven't gone to get the new Rx yet). I know that one of the drugs are Tetracycline.

*whew*

I'm glad it wasn't what I suspected.

That's an erythromycin type med, so put that as an allergy too.

O/T, but how many side effects are reported as "allergic reactions"? I remember looking at a study of people who claimed they were allergic to penicillin. The researchers exposed them to penicillin (in a safe way) and found that, like 97% of them didn't have a true penicillian allergy (anaphylactic shock), but that most of them simply had a side effect.

Probably good enough to switch or avoid the AB, but interesting.

Thanks guys...apparently, I had an allergic reaction to the Biaxin. He changed the prescription to something else (I haven't gone to get the new Rx yet). I know that one of the drugs are Tetracycline.

*whew*

I'm glad it wasn't what I suspected.

That's an erythromycin type med, so put that as an allergy too.

O/T, but how many side effects are reported as "allergic reactions"? I remember looking at a study of people who claimed they were allergic to penicillin. The researchers exposed them to penicillin (in a safe way) and found that, like 97% of them didn't have a true penicillian allergy (anaphylactic shock), but that most of them simply had a side effect.

Probably good enough to switch or avoid the AB, but interesting.

I have an allergy to erythromycin, and every time I tell a new provider they roll their eyes and say "stomach upset isn't an allergy". I then go on to tell them I experienced hives, wheezing, swelling, etc. (them: ooooooooh)

FWIW, my oldest girl had a horrid reaction to erythromycin when she was about 12 or so. Kinda the same thing he described above. Sharp intense oh-my-God-her-appendix-has-ruptured pain. Her pediatrician told me that it was a form of erythromycin allergy. It's not what I think of when I hear 'allergy', but that's what he said. Kinda like when I was told by a radiologist that my reaction to dye (feeling of severe heat, immediate and intractable vomiting upon administration) was a form of allergy. I just thought it was a wicked side effect.

Antibiotics will tear your guts up. Lifestyle changes and eating changes won't touch it. It's something you have to deal with until your dose is over.

Ibuprofen also tears up the stomach, btw. I've actually t hought I was having heart attacks when my back was giving me problems because after a a few days on that shit it felt like someone was trying to cut out from my stomach.

See what the dr. suggests for alleviating the pain. I took prilosec or zantac, both did me okay. But ultimately, I just had to quit taking ibuprofen. Until the next time. Now I take naproxen and don't have the problem.

But I've taken big guns antibiotics and they've had the same effect. EAT SOMETHING a few minutes before you take them, if you can.

Good luck.

Naproxen can hurt the stomach too, just like ibuprofen. So don't overdo it.

Glad to see you back.

Hello guys, I came back to give you all the scoop on the H. Pylori. I went to the ER on 7/30 and after an x-ray and blood tests it was determined that it was the H. Pylori and dehydration. Well, scheduled an appointment with my PCP on 8/3. On 8/2 the pain was unbearable and I was feeling dizzy and vomiting again. I was admitted from this ER visit. From there, I had about 7 CT scans, 2 HIDA scans, an MRI, EKG, along with other scans and biopsies and it has been determined that a tumor was wrapped around my spleen, gall bladder, pancreas, intestines. The tumor was estimated at 6 liters and was so big that it was pushing up against my diaphragm and making it seem that there was a second tumor between my lungs and my chest bone. It hasn't been determined that if it is a carcinoma or not. It is a large celll and the oncologists said that the treatment would take 2 months. I know this is a best case scnario but still that is kinda good considering the odds. What do you guys think?

Hello guys, I came back to give you all the scoop on the H. Pylori. I went to the ER on 7/30 and after an x-ray and blood tests it was determined that it was the H. Pylori and dehydration. Well, scheduled an appointment with my PCP on 8/3. On 8/2 the pain was unbearable and I was feeling dizzy and vomiting again. I was admitted from this ER visit. From there, I had about 7 CT scans, 2 HIDA scans, an MRI, EKG, along with other scans and biopsies and it has been determined that a tumor was wrapped around my spleen, gall bladder, pancreas, intestines. The tumor was estimated at 6 liters and was so big that it was pushing up against my diaphragm and making it seem that there was a second tumor between my lungs and my chest bone. It hasn't been determined that if it is a carcinoma or not. It is a large celll and the oncologists said that the treatment would take 2 months. I know this is a best case scnario but still that is kinda good considering the odds. What do you guys think?

I think they were a bit premature on the original diagnosis.

I think you're gonna pull through just cause I want ya too.

I've been having this sort of burning, gassy feeling in my abdomen for about a month or two. It was never really painful or that noticeable until a week ago. I was in excruciating pain last Friday after eating spaghetti and drinking a beer. Seems like the bacteria caused an ulcer. Well, I was prescribed a Prevpac and that is the worst thing ever. I've taken two doses and now I'm certain I can never take another one. The doctor initially prescribed Zantac 150 until the tests came back positive and that actually had me pain free for a few days. There is this constant pain in my abdomen since starting the Prevpac and I haven't taken a dose since 7 a.m. this morning. Has anyone had any similar experiences with Prevacid, Biaxin or Amoxicillin?

If you want to rid yourself of the nastiest little bacteria that can live in the human body....YOU MUST ENDURE the ANTI-BIOTIC pack until its completion. This bacteria is so resistant that it actually lives and thrives in the human stomach and can withstand the effect of the hydrochloric acid produced by the stomach. This infection can be defeated, but simply because you are pain free and symptom free does not mean that you are cured.

Treating the symptoms will not cure the problem. This germ is indeed the cause of your stomach problems, and it can be most difficult to cure. I personally had to go through 2 different treatment packs before the results came back negative. The treatment can be painful as it indeed does upset your stomach and can cause pain itself.....but it must be endured.

Jeez! I really am not sure what to think. We'd have to wait for a biopsy to come back to see what it is and what the best way to treat it is.

Please keep us informed as to how you are doing. My thoughts will be with you and I'll be hoping that it is very treatable, whatever it ends up being.

Jeez! I really am not sure what to think. We'd have to wait for a biopsy to come back to see what it is and what the best way to treat it is.

Please keep us informed as to how you are doing. My thoughts will be with you and I'll be hoping that it is very treatable, whatever it ends up being.

My prayers are with you, too.

My prayers are with you, too.

Ibid. Me three.

Wow. Here I was yesterday lamenting over my cat. It takes a wake-up call like your situation to bring reality into focus. People are far more important. My thoughts and prayers will be with you jg.

Not to give you more to worry over, but it does seem odd that your original doc didn't notice a growth while poking around your tummy (which they will always do with any stomach complaint).

Hang in there!!

Well, found out today that the tumor/lymph nodes are cancerous but the tissues or bone marrow. Had an MRI of the brain to see if it spreading north. Hopefully, I will be gone from my vocabulary here by Tuesday.

Well, found out today that the tumor/lymph nodes are cancerous but the tissues or bone marrow. Had an MRI of the brain to see if it spreading north. Hopefully, I will be gone from my vocabulary here by Tuesday.

Just don't lose hope that they found it early, since you said symptoms didn't start presenting until about a month ago. Carry your laptop handy and keep us posted (literally). And keep the faith, bud.

Hang in there, try hard to keep your spirits up, start now on a very good diet...and my prayers are with you!

Forum List

Back