Has anyone been diagnosed with H. Pylori?

It was the Biaxin. Left that pill in the foil pack last night and feel excellent this morning.

I would still talk with your doc about alternative treatment. H pylori needs at least two antibiotics to be treated. If you only use the amox, you'll develop resistance.

Yeah, I am going to do that tomorrow. I went against my better judgment and took the Biaxin with the next dose. I am feeling the effects of it now. I think I will stop the treatment until I talk to the doctor. I know that I wouldn't be able to work on this regimen.

It was the Biaxin. Left that pill in the foil pack last night and feel excellent this morning.

I would still talk with your doc about alternative treatment. H pylori needs at least two antibiotics to be treated. If you only use the amox, you'll develop resistance.

Well if I develop it, I'm screwed as I'm allergic to both penicillins AND erythromycins. :eusa_eh:

Let's just hope that you don't.

Well if I develop it, I'm screwed as I'm allergic to both penicillins AND erythromycins. :eusa_eh:

Let's just hope that you don't.

Well, yeah. But I'm sure they have a second line for people like me :)

There is always total gastrectomy.

do you people just practice gloom and doom? the poor man (?) is suffering and yall are just the friggin grim reapers...why assume the worst...hopefully it will be treated and you will find something that works well for you...i hear modern medicine has done miracle things ....i think its a jump from ulcers to stomach cancer....

you do know that attitude has a lot to do with the health of a body....look at armstrong...

do you people just practice gloom and doom? the poor man (?) is suffering and yall are just the friggin grim reapers...why assume the worst...hopefully it will be treated and you will find something that works well for you...i hear modern medicine has done miracle things ....i think its a jump from ulcers to stomach cancer....

you do know that attitude has a lot to do with the health of a body....look at armstrong...

Hopefully...if he doesn't substitute the meds tomorrow then I've got no choice but to discontinue it. I'm sure he will though.

?

Nobody is assuming the worst. The Dr. said there was a cancer risk involved with H. pylori infections. That's a simple statement of fact. Nobody is saying "you are definately going to get stomach cancer", in fact the literature says the risk is very low. However, the outcome is so poor, it's not a risk worth playing.

In other words, treating it makes all the sense in the world.

Traditional antibiotics don't work, because H. Pylori lives in the mucas lining your stomach....an area that is hard to target with pills.

Generally, they should give you a regimen of a proton-pump inhibitor (such as prevacid) and two specially-formulated antibiotics.

If you think the treatment hurts now, just wait until you have a full ulcer...you'll be unable to move, paralyzed by pain.

If you think the treatment hurts now, just wait until you have a full ulcer...you'll be unable to move, paralyzed by pain.

I am paralyzed by pain. I am so bloated until it just feels like I overate when I eat a very small meal and that feeling has been going on for 9 1/2 hours since I took it. No passing gas and no bowel movements so I get no relief. I can't even stand up straight when I do stand. It feels like someone has me in a bear hug.

I am paralyzed by pain. I am so bloated until it just feels like I overate when I eat a very small meal and that feeling has been going on for 9 1/2 hours since I took it. No passing gas and no bowel movements so I get no relief. I can't even stand up straight when I do stand. It feels like someone has me in a bear hug.

You might consider going to the ED if your pain has worsened that much.

I wouldn't want you to have perforated an ulcer. That is very severe.

You might consider going to the ED if your pain has worsened that much.

I wouldn't want you to have perforated an ulcer. That is very severe.
I was gonna say. Symptoms of peritoneal irritation (unfortunately, I know from experience...).

Get thee to the ER ASAP.

Antibiotics will tear your guts up. Lifestyle changes and eating changes won't touch it. It's something you have to deal with until your dose is over.

Ibuprofen also tears up the stomach, btw. I've actually t hought I was having heart attacks when my back was giving me problems because after a a few days on that shit it felt like someone was trying to cut out from my stomach.

See what the dr. suggests for alleviating the pain. I took prilosec or zantac, both did me okay. But ultimately, I just had to quit taking ibuprofen. Until the next time. Now I take naproxen and don't have the problem.

But I've taken big guns antibiotics and they've had the same effect. EAT SOMETHING a few minutes before you take them, if you can.

Good luck.

Thanks guys...apparently, I had an allergic reaction to the Biaxin. He changed the prescription to something else (I haven't gone to get the new Rx yet). I know that one of the drugs are Tetracycline.

Tetracycline will tear up the tum tum too. Almost any antibiotic will. But hopefully minus the allergy symptoms...

Forum List

Back