Has anyone been diagnosed with H. Pylori?

i live in the bible belt too....they keep beating me with the buckle...

where are you? i have friends....in most places....and if you really have trouble...find you a taxi driver....

The treatments have gone pretty well so far. The chemo doesn't really have any affect on me besides scrambling my brain a little bit but after a couple of hours I'm able to focus. Next week, I start the 5 day treatments every 2 weeks for 8 weeks and I'm assuming those will have the worst affect on me. After that, it's the maintenance stage and the cancer will be in remission. I'm gonna keep that marijuana suggestion in mind. I've read about some of the side effects and if it helps, I'm gonna have to score.

Glad to see you're making progress, jg -- and good spirits too.

It's curious that the H.pylori germ was responsible. I just found out yesterday that a friend of mine had contracted a single-cell parasite named "giardiasis" perhaps quite a while ago, which only periodically causes havoc in the small intestine. She had complained for years about terrible nausea and debilitating muscle fatigue for just a day and then it would completely disappear for months. Of course each time thinking she had a "bug" but the instantaneous recovery was always a mystery. Come to find out it was indeed a "bug" and not a stomach virus.

I worry that new, more sustainable parasites are on the march and have morphed themselves into being nearly undetectible except under a very strong microscope.

I hope your docs are carefully monitoring your immune system in their treatment.

Thanks everyone. All went well and cancer is gone. Chemo was hell and it's still taking its toll on my body.

cheering.jpg

That is good news! Welcome back!

That is wonderful news!!

PS- My wife going through H pylori treatment as I type this. She has 7 days left, and she's been miserable!!

I've been having this sort of burning, gassy feeling in my abdomen for about a month or two. It was never really painful or that noticeable until a week ago. I was in excruciating pain last Friday after eating spaghetti and drinking a beer. Seems like the bacteria caused an ulcer. Well, I was prescribed a Prevpac and that is the worst thing ever. I've taken two doses and now I'm certain I can never take another one. The doctor initially prescribed Zantac 150 until the tests came back positive and that actually had me pain free for a few days. There is this constant pain in my abdomen since starting the Prevpac and I haven't taken a dose since 7 a.m. this morning. Has anyone had any similar experiences with Prevacid, Biaxin or Amoxicillin?

Good to hear you're doing fine. Hope everything is well!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back