Harvard Professor Jailed; Officer Is Accused of Bias

Raving Marxist said:
I'm actually too stupid to copy manifold's example correctly and lampoon the screen-name in my fake quote, thereby not running afoul of the rules. But that's ok, maybe I'll earn some street cred with the noob trolls after I post my infraction notice.

wow, you sure are one badass mofo. :doubt:

Okay, if it was me, I would have been a little pissed and upset, seeing as my house had just been broken into, I might even have gotten more upset if the cop refused to show ID.
BUT ... in the best interest of attending to the larger issue, that my house had been burglarized, I would have kept a lid on it and cooperated with the cop and brought up any charges of racism or incompetence or whatever, later on.

He had just got off a long flight from China, he blew his top. I'm glad the charges were dropped. If the eminent professor were to admit his behavior warranted the cop having to go through with what he warned him he would do, my respect for Gates would be restored.

Where are you pulling this crap from that his house had just been burglarized? :eusa_eh:
Just an assumption. His doors had been busted open. Don't know if he was but wouldn't that be your first thought if you came home and saw your doors busted open? I'm pretty sure that's what was on his mind. It's not clear if he actually was.

um, he asked the cabbie to help him because the door was stuck. the neighbor saw two guys hammering on the door and called the cops-there was no break in.

Okay, if it was me, I would have been a little pissed and upset, seeing as my house had just been broken into, I might even have gotten more upset if the cop refused to show ID.
BUT ... in the best interest of attending to the larger issue, that my house had been burglarized, I would have kept a lid on it and cooperated with the cop and brought up any charges of racism or incompetence or whatever, later on.

He had just got off a long flight from China, he blew his top. I'm glad the charges were dropped. If the eminent professor were to admit his behavior warranted the cop having to go through with what he warned him he would do, my respect for Gates would be restored.

Where are you pulling this crap from that his house had just been burglarized? :eusa_eh:
Just an assumption. His doors had been busted open. Don't know if he was but wouldn't that be your first thought if you came home and saw your doors busted open? I'm pretty sure that's what was on his mind. It's not clear if he actually was.

:rofl:

He busted the door open himself you arturd! :lol:

Glad to see you had all sorts of opinions to offer without bothering to read the story. :lol:

um, he asked the cabbie to help him because the door was stuck. the neighbor saw two guys hammering on the door and called the cops-there was no break in.
I misread the story. So now he has less of an excuse for having lost his temper.

He busted the door open himself you arturd! :lol:

Glad to see you had all sorts of opinions to offer without bothering to read the story. :lol:

Glad I was able to make your day, weenie.

Kick a hog in its ass and it'll say "huh".

That's funny, my father use to say something similar to me in order to get me to be more articulate and verbose. "Kick an old horse in the fanny and you get huh! " :lol:

Seems to me the man was overly defensive toward the police officer and he got the same end result that anyone else would have got under the circumstances.

That's what I'd tell my kids when they'd answer me with 'huh" and it's what my father told me under the same circumstances. Now I hear my children telling their children the same thing.

The more I read about this incident the more I think Gates was trying to get arrested. Nothing like a little street cred to boost enrollment in his African-American history course(s). What a douche.

Mani again padding his credentials as the King Retard of USMB. next comes Shogun with his racist stupidity basically rationalizing the behavior of the police, how about somebody arrest him for forcing his way into his own house?

The more I read about this incident the more I think Gates was trying to get arrested. Nothing like a little street cred to boost enrollment in his African-American history course(s). What a douche.

Mani again padding his credentials as the King Retard of USMB. next comes Shogun with his racist stupidity basically rationalizing the behavior of the police, how about somebody arrest him for forcing his way into his own house?

Was he arrested for forcing his way into his own house? I thought the police were there to find out what was going on and he went off at them. He was arrested for carrying on like a two-bob watch outside, if I have read the various reports correctly.

Was he arrested for forcing his way into his own house? I thought the police were there to find out what was going on and he went off at them. He was arrested for carrying on like a two-bob watch outside, if I have read the various reports correctly.
:lol:
you have. remember it's the bass who's talking.:lol:

Forget it, this thread has been so overran by white apologist trolls doing all they can to deflect and deny the obvious racial profiling by the police and the dumb neighbor who called it in as if that neighbor didn't already know that Gates was staying there. A lot of latent racism in here.

Hey stupid, he wasn't arrested for breaking into his own house. It's obvious you can read, but your reading comprehension skills are nonexistent.

If you ask them nicely maybe they'll type slower and then maybe, just maybe you can keep up.

Last edited:
Forget it, this thread has been so overran by white apologist trolls doing all they can to deflect and deny the obvious racial profiling by the police and the dumb neighbor who called it in as if that neighbor didn't already know that Gates was staying there. A lot of latent racism in here.

and a fair amount of blatant stupidity.

thanks for pitching in

DumBass said:

Yeah, the police officer would've just walked away if he arrived on the scene and found out the guy was white. Wouldn't have asked for ID or nothing, just assumed he was the legal resident! :rolleyes:

:thup: :lol:

Last edited:

Hey stupid, he wasn't arrested for breaking into his own house. It's obvious you can read, but your reading comprehension skills are nonexistent.

If you ask them nicely maybe they'll type slower and then maybe, just maybe you can keep up.

Yeah

White man pushing his way through house in rich neighborhood= No need for alarm.

Black man pushing his way through his own house in rich neighborhood= Police call for fear of black boogeyman robbing a house. Of course that this racial profiling, :rolleyes:

Oh what, as opposed to people who behave as if they're above the law are always right? :cuckoo:
In my fantasy world if you aren't doing anything wrong then the police shouldn't harass you.

The officer was answering the call of a possible break-in, not exactly "harassment". :doubt:

... had been inside for a few minutes when Sgt. James Crowley of the Cambridge Police Department appeared at his door and asked him to step outside.

Professor Gates, 58, refused to do so

According to the police report, Professor Gates initially refused to show identification.

Professor Gates followed him outside, the report said, and yelled at him despite the sergeant’s warning “that he was becoming disorderly.” Sergeant Crowley then arrested and handcuffed him.
It's a clear as mud, isn't it. If they didn't tell him that they were investigating a possible break in to his house then they reacted badly (the cops). Otherwise, it's hard to say.

Yeah

White man pushing his way through house in rich neighborhood= No need for alarm.

Black man pushing his way through his own house in rich neighborhood= Police call for fear of black boogeyman robbing a house. Of course that this racial profiling, :rolleyes:

You might have a point regarding the neighbor who made the call... maybe.

But you don't have a leg to stand on accusing the cop of racial profiling. He was responding to a call about a possible break-in. What's he supposed to do differently?

Forum List

Back