Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince review **beware of spoilers**

I was very interested in the fate of #12 G.P. too, especially since RAB HAS to be Regulus Black. And remember Kreacher kept a lot of those things in his little hole.

Now, do you think Dumbledore will come back? Remember, at the end, Harry thought he saw the phoenix rise from the flames on Dmbldr's tomb. I always thought that the phoenix as his pet was a bit of foreshadowing, that perhaps Dumbledore will find a way to come back. I definitely think he will find a way to communicate at least once. His picture is on the wall at Hogwarts, and Harry's parents came out of V's wand. Maybe he'll use one of those things, the picture or Snape's wand.

I also think Aunt Petunia might come into play in the next book. I think she was feeling a bit guilty after Dumbledore talked to her the last time.

mom4 said:
I was very interested in the fate of #12 G.P. too, especially since RAB HAS to be Regulus Black. And remember Kreacher kept a lot of those things in his little hole.

Now, do you think Dumbledore will come back? Remember, at the end, Harry thought he saw the phoenix rise from the flames on Dmbldr's tomb. I always thought that the phoenix as his pet was a bit of foreshadowing, that perhaps Dumbledore will find a way to come back. I definitely think he will find a way to communicate at least once. His picture is on the wall at Hogwarts, and Harry's parents came out of V's wand. Maybe he'll use one of those things, the picture or Snape's wand.

I also think Aunt Petunia might come into play in the next book. I think she was feeling a bit guilty after Dumbledore talked to her the last time.

I don't think Dumbledore can come back physically, because you only get the painting in the office, if you have in fact, died.

He might return not even as a visible form. I think he left many things behind for Harry, like letters or notes with clues and other information to help him find the other horcruxes. The phoenix rising out of the tomb---that definitely was another clue or something as to what happens in the last book.

i think Petunia was jealous of her sister's abilities, and all the attention she got, because she was 'special', so instead, she puts up a front that she would rather BE normal, and to be anything other than that, is unacceptable, or shameful. I also think that she and Lily may have been pretty close prior to her getting her letter, going to Hogwarts, etc. So she loves/loved her sister, and has to act the way she does, because Vernon is the way he is, and she does love her husband, so she goes along with it to keep him happy. I think deep down, Harry is the last blood connection she has to Lily, as well as her parents, whom i believe she misses as well. So I think, if it weren't for Vernon, she may have treated Harry differently. Or maybe not...we'll have to wait until the last book i guess.

Ok, having recently seen the Goblet of Fire movie, I have been thinking about this series. I really think Snape was in love with Lily. And that saved him from the power of the Dark Lord. I have been imagining this scene in my head...

Malfoy Jr. has cornered Harry. Harry has lost his wand in the scuffle, and Malfoy raises his wand to curse Harry. From out of nowhere, Snape dives in and deflects the curse, killing Malfoy, but being mortally wounded himself. Harry bends over him. Snape is breathing hard, gasping out his last words. "I hated your father. Arrogant. Had no sympathy or mercy... until she changed him. I was so jealous. But he made her happy, gave her you. You are the image of him... but you have her eyes...Windows to the soul. I loved her... and that saved me. I give it to you, Harry... Lily's son."

"Give, what? What are you saying?" asks Harry, leaning close. But Snape's eyes glaze over, and he dies.

This is how Voldemort finds them. "He underestimated you, Harry Potter. He said you were just a lucky boy with smart friends. But I know better." Voldemort circles and Harry's eyes dart around, looking for his wand. "I know you have true power, Harry Potter. I know because that power came from me. Yes, I left a little bit of me in you." Voldemort reaches out a finger and presses Harry's scar. Harry screams out in pain.

Finally, Voldemort releases him. "But, unfortunately for you, you possess only a little bit of my power. I have the rest. And here I find you, wandless... and friendless. So now, I will finish the task I began years ago." Voldemort raises his wand. Harry searches desperately, but he can't find his wand, can't see a place to hide. "Avada Kedavra!" Green light blazes in a streaking finger connecting to Harry's scar. A screech rends the air, Harry's voice, and Voldemort's. The light disappears and Harry slumps to the ground. Nothing remains of Voldemort's conjured body but a ring of black ashes. Snape's gift of his own life protected Harry the same way his mother's had. Voldemort never suspected that Snape was on the other side. Voldemort's curse killed the last remaining thingie (piece of soul, can't remember what they are called), that was hidden in Harry's scar, and ended his own life.

So, FuzzyKitten (or anyone else), what do think? At any rate, the imagined scene kept my mind off the fact that I was scrubbing hardened jelly and dried chocolate milk drops off the kitchen floor.

mom4 said:
Ok, having recently seen the Goblet of Fire movie, I have been thinking about this series. I really think Snape was in love with Lily. And that saved him from the power of the Dark Lord. I have been imagining this scene in my head...

Malfoy Jr. has cornered Harry. Harry has lost his wand in the scuffle, and Malfoy raises his wand to curse Harry. From out of nowhere, Snape dives in and deflects the curse, killing Malfoy, but being mortally wounded himself. Harry bends over him. Snape is breathing hard, gasping out his last words. "I hated your father. Arrogant. Had no sympathy or mercy... until she changed him. I was so jealous. But he made her happy, gave her you. You are the image of him... but you have her eyes...Windows to the soul. I loved her... and that saved me. I give it to you, Harry... Lily's son."

"Give, what? What are you saying?" asks Harry, leaning close. But Snape's eyes glaze over, and he dies.

This is how Voldemort finds them. "He underestimated you, Harry Potter. He said you were just a lucky boy with smart friends. But I know better." Voldemort circles and Harry's eyes dart around, looking for his wand. "I know you have true power, Harry Potter. I know because that power came from me. Yes, I left a little bit of me in you." Voldemort reaches out a finger and presses Harry's scar. Harry screams out in pain.

Finally, Voldemort releases him. "But, unfortunately for you, you possess only a little bit of my power. I have the rest. And here I find you, wandless... and friendless. So now, I will finish the task I began years ago." Voldemort raises his wand. Harry searches desperately, but he can't find his wand, can't see a place to hide. "Avada Kedavra!" Green light blazes in a streaking finger connecting to Harry's scar. A screech rends the air, Harry's voice, and Voldemort's. The light disappears and Harry slumps to the ground. Nothing remains of Voldemort's conjured body but a ring of black ashes. Snape's gift of his own life protected Harry the same way his mother's had. Voldemort never suspected that Snape was on the other side. Voldemort's curse killed the last remaining thingie (piece of soul, can't remember what they are called), that was hidden in Harry's scar, and ended his own life.

So, FuzzyKitten (or anyone else), what do think? At any rate, the imagined scene kept my mind off the fact that I was scrubbing hardened jelly and dried chocolate milk drops off the kitchen floor.

WOW. That had me really intrigued. Definitely a cool bit of fan-fiction, if not a prediction of what may happen. You should write this up maybe in more of a story or you can leave it as just an ending or one-hitter and submit it to this website I love to visit. www.fanfiction.mugglenet.com . I really think you have something here, as it definitely kept my attention.

I love to read the romance stories that people write. Some get pretty steamy! Of course, 99% were written pre-HBP so in most stories that feature the kids later in life, have Dumbledore alive in them too.

I am writing my own romance story, but I want to finish it 100% before I submit it. Some people submit chapters as they go.

oh, btw, the soul-pieces are called Horcruxes.

fuzzykitten99 said:
WOW. That had me really intrigued. Definitely a cool bit of fan-fiction, if not a prediction of what may happen. You should write this up maybe in more of a story or you can leave it as just an ending or one-hitter and submit it to this website I love to visit. www.fanfiction.mugglenet.com . I really think you have something here, as it definitely kept my attention.

I love to read the romance stories that people write. Some get pretty steamy! Of course, 99% were written pre-HBP so in most stories that feature the kids later in life, have Dumbledore alive in them too.

I am writing my own romance story, but I want to finish it 100% before I submit it. Some people submit chapters as they go.

oh, btw, the soul-pieces are called Horcruxes.
Thanks. I wrote in a kind of overly-dramatized style, just for fun. But I just imagined that this could be what happens in the book. And I am definitely not convinced that Dumbledore is dead.

Forum List

Back