Harlem choir bails on Beck

you cannot say anything. as you automatically are on the defense. I can give you indications that obama may dislike white people but you are unable to give any that undermines what Beck said. All you can do is bash Beck. That's just the way it is.

*sigh*

Like I said from the jump you are asking me to prove a negative. No matter what I say it will not satisfy you.

I clearly aired my gripe with Beck. You can either accept it or not.

I accept it. I just don't think it's valid or well thought out.

Which is fine by me. I don't expect you of all people to.

Is Obama a racist or is he just annoyed as hell that he isn't 100% black and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it?

I don't think obama is a racist anymore than beck is. racist is a word that should be used sparingly if at all. I think racism runs both ways.the left just like to use it as a battering ram.

It seemed to me like he forgot he was POTUS for a minute and knee jerked to defend his friend.

You're shitting me, right? Obama forgot he was POTUS for a minute? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're a smart guy, Art15. Do you honestly believe that? That was no knee jerk reaction - I beleive it was one of the few honest moments in his Presidency so far. Every POTUS has them. I think it was his honest opinion - the problem was it wasn't scripted so it became an 'open mouth, insert foot' moment. Doesn't happen often but when it does, you see the man behind the mask.

Yeah, I think he did. I agree that it was his honest opinion at the time but I also think that if he was smart he would have said no comment like any other POTUS would have. The problem was that Gates was/is his friend and it clouded his judgement, IMO.

Actually, I kind of agree with you. He should have stopped at 'I don't have all the facts' but he shot himself in the foot when he carried on to defend his friend. Was it because of race? No. It was because of friendship. But.... that doesn't make it acceptable to carry it on to treat Cowley the way they did. He allowed it to become an issue - and then tried to make political gain out of it with that ridiculous 'beer summit'. He made it about race. That, to me, is a problem.

You're shitting me, right? Obama forgot he was POTUS for a minute? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're a smart guy, Art15. Do you honestly believe that? That was no knee jerk reaction - I beleive it was one of the few honest moments in his Presidency so far. Every POTUS has them. I think it was his honest opinion - the problem was it wasn't scripted so it became an 'open mouth, insert foot' moment. Doesn't happen often but when it does, you see the man behind the mask.

Yeah, I think he did. I agree that it was his honest opinion at the time but I also think that if he was smart he would have said no comment like any other POTUS would have. The problem was that Gates was/is his friend and it clouded his judgement, IMO.

Actually, I kind of agree with you. He should have stopped at 'I don't have all the facts' but he shot himself in the foot when he carried on to defend his friend. Was it because of race? No. It was because of friendship. But.... that doesn't make it acceptable to carry it on to treat Cowley the way they did. He allowed it to become an issue - and then tried to make political gain out of it with that ridiculous 'beer summit'. He made it about race. That, to me, is a problem.

He fucked up by not saying "no comment" and he was getting hammered for it. They thought the beer summit was the way to smooth it over but if you ask me it came off as awkward and insincere. The real loser in all of it was Gates.

carry it a little furthur.. the whte guy was a cop, friend was black. history of blacks crying brutality when it comes to white cops which is why friend caused such a ruckus in the first place. obama without any facts whatsoever chose black friend over white cop,, now do you think that has anything at all to do with what beck thought? and as americans if the black president gets a public forum to make statements why shouldn't beck?

He fucked up by not saying "no comment" and he was getting hammered for it. They thought the beer summit was the way to smooth it over but if you ask me it came off as awkward and insincere. The real loser in all of it was Gates.

well it was :lol:funny when they printed that photo of obama strutting ahead while the white cop stayed back to help black friend down the steps..

carry it a little furthur.. the whte guy was a cop, friend was black. history of blacks crying brutality when it comes to white cops which is why friend caused such a ruckus in the first place. obama without any facts whatsoever chose black friend over white cop,, now do you think that has anything at all to do with what beck thought? and as americans if the black president gets a public forum to make statements why shouldn't beck?

Obama behaved badly. Gates behaved badly. Crowley did not. But, it was not about race until Gates made it about race. To me, Obama should have defended Crowley - but we keep making it about race, when it was more about Obama's blind allegience to a friend. It told me more about Obama's bad judgement than his views on race.

Obama behaved badly. Gates behaved badly. Crowley did not. But, it was not about race until Gates made it about race. To me, Obama should have defended Crowley - but we keep making it about race, when it was more about Obama's blind allegience to a friend. It told me more about Obama's bad judgement than his views on race.

It was clearly about race. that's why there was such a huge public outcry. hence the beer summit to smooth things over. obama automatically without thought and without knowing the facts condemned the white cop as "acting stupidly"

It was clearly about race. that's why there was such a huge public outcry. hence the beer summit to smooth things over. obama automatically without thought and without knowing the facts condemned the white cop as "acting stupidly"

If Robert Gates weren't a personal friend of Obama's I'd agree with you.

When Obama condemned the 'white cop', did he know that the cop was white? Maybe, maybe not. He took his friend's side over the cop. It was not about race - until Gates made it racial. Gates is a racist. I think Obama is a racist too but I don't think this incident showed his racism, it showed his lack of judgement.... and he has continued to show the same lack of judgement on many occasions - such as appointing Van Jones et al to positions within his adminstration. He's done exactly what every other POTUS has done - but... he made a huge issue during his campaign that he would not. Judgement, character, honesty - all words that mean very little to Barack Obama.

I've known you long enough to know you are unwilling to see racism in blacks.. that's the difference in you and I. I am willing to see it in both races.

When Obama condemned the 'white cop', did he know that the cop was white? Maybe, maybe not. He took his friend's side over the cop. It was not about race - until Gates made it racial. Gates is a racist. I think Obama is a racist too but I don't think this incident showed his racism, it showed his lack of judgement.... and he has continued to show the same lack of judgement on many occasions - such as appointing Van Jones et al to positions within his adminstration. He's done exactly what every other POTUS has done - but... he made a huge issue during his campaign that he would not. Judgement, character, honesty - all words that mean very little to Barack Obama.

Of course he knew. He is briefed you know. and you have the cart before the horse. Gates made it racial before obama made his statement.

I've known you long enough to know you are unwilling to see racism in blacks.. that's the difference in you and I. I am willing to see it in both races.

Pure nonsense. I've called out black posters on this forum as racists. I personally know black ppl whom I consider racist. Sharpton and Jackson are both racists, IMO.

James Rucker, executive director of Color for Change - which has helped persuade more than 80 advertisers to ditch Beck's show - said the group did an about-face after he called the choir.

Lookee here! Color of Change! That wouldn't be "Van Jones': Color of Change" now would it? Pursuing a personal vendetta perchance???? Noooooo... couldn't be! They're just making sure the Harlem Gospel Choir doesn't support non-liberals. Gots ta keep em on dat plantation, y'all.

More fun clips showing their diverrrrrrsity and tolllllllllllllllllllllerance.

"And we thought..." Gotta love that from a nice and impartial group like Colors of Change. Nice and moderate and mainstream. Like saying Krystallnacht was just a small case of vandalism.

Ooh wow! Gotta love THIS one! Wonder if they talked to Beck after this got dropped on them?

And WHO pray tell would threaten a gospel Choir for singing in a Glenn Beck production about Christmas? Things that make ya go... Hmmmmmmmmm.....

His desire to work with the Harlem Gospel Choir serves that goal, and it would have helped him position himself as embracing Black people while his rhetoric works against the interests of not only Black folks but most Americans.

Yes indeed! Beck hates black people. :rolleyes:

These people disgust me. What ever happened to being judged by the content of your character, not the color of your skin? Dead as the dearly departed Doctor King? It's inconceivable that people still act this way and manipulate the uninformed into their arenas of hate.

Mods, if this is over the line, lemme know. I'll edit it.

They did judge by the content of Beck's character!
Ah... that's right. He's a thought criminal! I fergot! What was I THINKING?!?

I listen to his radio show. Do you? I don't see him playing the 'whitey hates you' card, or 'let's discriminate against those brown people' position.

I do see that being played by the "reverend" Al Sharpton, the "reverend" Jessie Jackson, Colors of Change, Screwy Louis Farakahn and many many other 'minority representatives' and 'community advisors'.

Now I have to go take a Hypocrisin shot. The level of hypocrisy has just gotten too high here.

Lookee here! Color of Change! That wouldn't be "Van Jones': Color of Change" now would it? Pursuing a personal vendetta perchance???? Noooooo... couldn't be! They're just making sure the Harlem Gospel Choir doesn't support non-liberals. Gots ta keep em on dat plantation, y'all.

More fun clips showing their diverrrrrrsity and tolllllllllllllllllllllerance.

"And we thought..." Gotta love that from a nice and impartial group like Colors of Change. Nice and moderate and mainstream. Like saying Krystallnacht was just a small case of vandalism.

Ooh wow! Gotta love THIS one! Wonder if they talked to Beck after this got dropped on them?

And WHO pray tell would threaten a gospel Choir for singing in a Glenn Beck production about Christmas? Things that make ya go... Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Yes indeed! Beck hates black people. :rolleyes:

These people disgust me. What ever happened to being judged by the content of your character, not the color of your skin? Dead as the dearly departed Doctor King? It's inconceivable that people still act this way and manipulate the uninformed into their arenas of hate.

Mods, if this is over the line, lemme know. I'll edit it.

I listen to his radio show. Do you? I don't see him playing the 'whitey hates you' card, or 'let's discriminate against those brown people' position.

I do see that being played by the "reverend" Al Sharpton, the "reverend" Jessie Jackson, Colors of Change, Screwy Louis Farakahn and many many other 'minority representatives' and 'community advisors'.

Now I have to go take a Hypocrisin shot. The level of hypocrisy has just gotten too high here.

He has certainly played the "Obama hates you" (if you are white) card.

As Obama has said we will know him by his administration.

Van Jones = Racist Communist Anarchist
Van Sunstein = Animal Rights Eugenics fan kook
Erik Holder = Racist revisionist anti-constitutionalist
Valery Jarret = Maoist dipshit
Timmy Geithner = Tax cheating, too smart for his own good, moron economist.
Hillary Clinton = Power-mad, femanazi, cuckolded twerp

Do we NEED to go on?

Little joke for you:

What does P-BO and OBL have in common? Both have friends who've bombed the Pentagon!
Bill Ayers and the 9/11 terrorists! :woohoo:

PS... Prove him wrong.

PS... Prove him wrong.

uh oh! now you've gone and done it. sit on the porch!

Forum List

Back