Harlem choir bails on Beck

Regardless of who cares or not about this incident with the choir and Beck, in my opinion, demonstrates racism of those in charge of this choir, and who knows how many of it's members. Someone told or coerced the choir group into this decision to back out of Becks show. How many of the members really agreed with this decision? Who was this 'disrupter' stirring up more racial issues? Or could they be, as posted earlier in this thread, Obama Supporters, making this decision totally about race.

It also tells me in so many words, that this election which has installed Barrack Hussein Obama as POTUS was most likey an election based on race, than of voting for what one perceives as the 'most qualified' candidate.

Yes, racism is alive and well, in the United States of America. Hard to believe in this day that most people this stupid? Staying divided in this hateful manner? The answer appears to be a resounding YES. What a shame.

James Rucker, executive director of Color for Change - which has helped persuade more than 80 advertisers to ditch Beck's show - said the group did an about-face after he called the choir.

Lookee here! Color of Change! That wouldn't be "Van Jones': Color of Change" now would it? Pursuing a personal vendetta perchance???? Noooooo... couldn't be! They're just making sure the Harlem Gospel Choir doesn't support non-liberals. Gots ta keep em on dat plantation, y'all.

More fun clips showing their diverrrrrrsity and tolllllllllllllllllllllerance.

"We wanted to make sure they understood who Beck was," Rucker said. "We believe their mission is about spreading the Gospel and and promoting harmony, and we thought Beck was the antithesis of that."

"And we thought..." Gotta love that from a nice and impartial group like Colors of Change. Nice and moderate and mainstream. Like saying Krystallnacht was just a small case of vandalism.

Ooh wow! Gotta love THIS one! Wonder if they talked to Beck after this got dropped on them?

The choir told the Daily News that their reasons for canceling with Beck were financial, and it's understandable that they would want to avoid getting involved in what could be seen as a political fight -- the choir is about faith and music, not politics.

And WHO pray tell would threaten a gospel Choir for singing in a Glenn Beck production about Christmas? Things that make ya go... Hmmmmmmmmm.....

His desire to work with the Harlem Gospel Choir serves that goal, and it would have helped him position himself as embracing Black people while his rhetoric works against the interests of not only Black folks but most Americans.

Yes indeed! Beck hates black people. :rolleyes:

These people disgust me. What ever happened to being judged by the content of your character, not the color of your skin? Dead as the dearly departed Doctor King? It's inconceivable that people still act this way and manipulate the uninformed into their arenas of hate.

Mods, if this is over the line, lemme know. I'll edit it.

CoC is still peddling it's lies about gettng 80 advertisers to pull their ads from Beck. :lol::lol: Bless their hearts. Nothing in the article from the 'Defend Glen Beck' campaign? Nope. Truth be told, not one - nope, not one single sponsor - pulled their advertising from Becks program. That's fact.

But.... Van Jones.... how did his campaign against Beck work out? Van Jones is out and Beck is still on air. What a crock.

And what a crock that these guys are still peddling crap and the kookaiders are still drinking it. It's funny how pathetic they are.

Ah so this was what Glenn was talking about when he started his show today.

I think its very unwise to reneg on a deal with a man who has a soapbox and is unafraid to tell the truth.

Oh, and Glenn Beck has never been a race baiter. So I guess they screwed themselves over on a lie. But then I guess redemption means absolutely nothing to them.

Sure, MONEY is always more important than principles, and everyone should be a money whore!

Since when has racism been 'principles'?

I think its very unwise to reneg on a deal with a man who has a soapbox and is unafraid to tell the truth.

Oh, and Glenn Beck has never been a race baiter. So I guess they screwed themselves over on a lie. But then I guess redemption means absolutely nothing to them.

Sure he hasn't :rolleyes:

I mean, getting on TV and saying that he believes the POTUS has a deep seeded hatred for white people was totally benign.

Sure, MONEY is always more important than principles, and everyone should be a money whore!

Well it was before it wasn't wasn't it? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I mean, getting on TV and saying that he believes the POTUS has a deep seeded hatred for white people was totally benign.

yes but what did obama say? was that benign?

So, saying that you think Obama is a racist is race baiting? Really? How? Because I think he's a racist so I guess that makes me a race baiter. How ridiculous. If I genuinely believe that Obama is a racist, then I am perfectly entitled to say so. That ain't race baiting, it's voicing my view.

So, saying that you think Obama is a racist is race baiting? Really? How? Because I think he's a racist so I guess that makes me a race baiter. How ridiculous. If I genuinely believe that Obama is a racist, then I am perfectly entitled to say so. That ain't race baiting, it's voicing my view.

If you don't see the difference between California Girl, Internet poster, saying she believes the POTUS is a racist on this forum and Glenn Beck, public figure, saying he believes the POTUS has a "deep seeded hatred for white people" on the most watched cable news network then I don't think we have any common ground to start from.

If you don't see the difference between California Girl, Internet poster, saying she believes the POTUS is a racist on this forum and Glenn Beck, public figure, saying he believes the POTUS has a "deep seeded hatred for white people" on the most watched cable news network then I don't think we have any common ground to start from.

No, I don't really. He has an audience - he speaks his mind. Often I disagree with his conclusions but I can see how he comes to his conclusions. I think Obama is a racist - I don't believe it is intentional, I believe that he, like most racists, sees things from a certain perspective. I think his upbringing, his friends, and his politics influence how he views race. He attended a racist church for 20 years - don't tell me he's not a racist. You don't attend a racist church if you don't agree with their views.

No, I don't really. He has an audience - he speaks his mind. Often I disagree with his conclusions but I can see how he comes to his conclusions. I think Obama is a racist - I don't believe it is intentional, I believe that he, like most racists, sees things from a certain perspective. I think his upbringing, his friends, and his politics influence how he views race. He attended a racist church for 20 years - don't tell me he's not a racist. You don't attend a racist church if you don't agree with their views.

What you just said is a lot different than saying he has a, "deep seeded hatred of white people," in front of a national audience, CG.

What you just said is a lot different than saying he has a, "deep seeded hatred of white people," in front of a national audience, CG.

So. I still call Obama a racist. I don't think it is racial hatred. People often think that racism is about hatred - it is not. I think far more liberals are racist than conservatives.... Because, generally speaking, they are more racially aware, they use race as a weapon.... seeing someone's color as a cause - that is racism.

I don't believe that Obama hates whites - I think he sees whites as the enemy though.

What indications if any can you see that proves obama does not have a deep seated hatred of white people? :confused: I have seen a lot of deep seated hatred towards white people from blacks. on this board and in real life. and Beck is bad because he says so? That's a kill the messenger kinda deal isn't it?

What indications if any can you see that proves obama does not have a deep seated hatred of white people? :confused: I have seen a lot of deep seated hatred towards white people from blacks. on this board and in real life. and Beck is bad because he says so? That's a kill the messenger kinda deal isn't it?

You are asking me to prove a negative.

why? I'm asking you to show me indications or cues that you have seen that obama does not have a deep seated hatred of white people. Now you have criticized Beck for saying he does. All I'm asking for is proof he does not.

why? I'm asking you to show me indications or cues that you have seen that obama does not have a deep seated hatred of white people. Now you have criticized Beck for saying he does. All I'm asking for is proof he does not.

Why? You can't be this thick.

But if you are looking for some example I direct you to his cabinet and top advisers, most of which are white. A man with a deep seeded hatred for white people does not surround himself by white people and make them his top advisers.

Good enough for you?

Why? You can't be this thick.

Me thick? That's rich. Okay so I get it. You choose to criticize Beck for no reason. I thought surely before you denigrate the man you would have a reason. My bad.

It is ridiculous to ask someone to prove that Obama is not racist. It is incumbent on those of us who call him a racist to back up our opinion. You're absolutely right, Art15.

Forum List

Back