Harlem choir bails on Beck

why? I'm asking you to show me indications or cues that you have seen that obama does not have a deep seated hatred of white people. Now you have criticized Beck for saying he does. All I'm asking for is proof he does not.

Why? You can't be this thick.

Me thick? That's rich. Okay so I get it. You choose to criticize Beck for no reason. I thought surely before you denigrate the man you would have a reason. My bad.

My criticism of Beck is his choice of words and the forum in which he aired them. It was meant to incite, IMO.

But if you are looking for some example I direct you to his cabinet and top advisers, most of which are white. A man with a deep seeded hatred for white people does not surround himself by white people and make them his top advisers.

Good enough for you?

No, and I will tell you why. Bush did the same and he was still called a rascist and accused of hating black people.

why? I'm asking you to show me indications or cues that you have seen that obama does not have a deep seated hatred of white people. Now you have criticized Beck for saying he does. All I'm asking for is proof he does not.

Me thick? That's rich. Okay so I get it. You choose to criticize Beck for no reason. I thought surely before you denigrate the man you would have a reason. My bad.

That's actually pretty unfair. You can't say there is no reason to criticize Beck.... he is contraversial and people are right, if they disagree, to take issue with him. It's not right to defend Glen no matter what.

But if you are looking for some example I direct you to his cabinet and top advisers, most of which are white. A man with a deep seeded hatred for white people does not surround himself by white people and make them his top advisers.

Good enough for you?

No, and I will tell you why. Bush did the same and he was still called a rascist and accused of hating black people.

So are you saying that you think Bush is a racist? Or are you just playing a silly partisan game? Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to.

My criticism of Beck is his choice of words and the forum in which he aired them. It was meant to incite, IMO.

IMO it was not meant that way, iirc it followed on obama's poor choice of word ie "I don't know the facts but the police acted stupidly" aka the white cop was wrong. Sounds like he made an instantaneous choice for his black friend. doesn't it? Now why would someone do that if they "didn't dislike a race of people" add that to the church he attended for 20 years and you may want to pause and think a little.

Good enough for you?

So are you saying that you think Bush is a racist? Or are you just playing a silly partisan game? Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to.

that's the ticket, don't listen,, just attack me.. good job. I guess I forgot who I was trying to talk to also.

What indications if any can you see that proves obama does not have a deep seated hatred of white people? :confused: I have seen a lot of deep seated hatred towards white people from blacks. on this board and in real life. and Beck is bad because he says so? That's a kill the messenger kinda deal isn't it?

You are asking me to prove a negative.

It is ridiculous to ask someone to prove that Obama is not racist. It is incumbent on those of us who call him a racist to back up our opinion. You're absolutely right, Art15.

no he isn't

IMO it was not meant that way, iirc it followed on obama's poor choice of word ie "I don't know the facts but the police acted stupidly" aka the white cop was wrong. Sounds like he made an instantaneous choice for his black friend. doesn't it? Now why would someone do that if they "didn't dislike a race of people" add that to the church he attended for 20 years and you may want to pause and think a little.

It seemed to me like he forgot he was POTUS for a minute and knee jerked to defend his friend.

It seemed to me like he forgot he was POTUS for a minute and knee jerked to defend his friend.

yes he did. no sense of fairplay there was there? automatically the white person was wrong.

that's the ticket, don't listen,, just attack me.. good job. I guess I forgot who I was trying to talk to also.

What can I say? You're extremely predictable, Willow. No matter what I throw out there you will shrug off. That's the great part about trying to get someone to prove a negative. Of course even when ppl on your own team pointing it out to you you still deny. That's how ridiculously wrapped up you are in silly partisan games.

yes he did. no sense of fairplay there was there? automatically the white person was wrong.

Obviously not or I wouldn't have said he knee jerked to defend his friend and not a random black dude he never met before.

You're shitting me, right? Obama forgot he was POTUS for a minute? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're a smart guy, Art15. Do you honestly believe that? That was no knee jerk reaction - I beleive it was one of the few honest moments in his Presidency so far. Every POTUS has them. I think it was his honest opinion - the problem was it wasn't scripted so it became an 'open mouth, insert foot' moment. Doesn't happen often but when it does, you see the man behind the mask.

What can I say? You're extremely predictable, Willow. No matter what I throw out there you will shrug off. That's the great part about trying to get someone to prove a negative. Of course even when ppl on your own team pointing it out to you you still deny. That's how ridiculously wrapped up you are in silly partisan games.

you cannot say anything. as you automatically are on the defense. I can give you indications that obama may dislike white people but you are unable to give any that undermines what Beck said. All you can do is bash Beck. That's just the way it is.

You're shitting me, right? Obama forgot he was POTUS for a minute? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're a smart guy, Art15. Do you honestly believe that? That was no knee jerk reaction - I beleive it was one of the few honest moments in his Presidency so far. Every POTUS has them. I think it was his honest opinion - the problem was it wasn't scripted so it became an 'open mouth, insert foot' moment. Doesn't happen often but when it does, you see the man behind the mask.

Yeah, I think he did. I agree that it was his honest opinion at the time but I also think that if he was smart he would have said no comment like any other POTUS would have. The problem was that Gates was/is his friend and it clouded his judgement, IMO.

James Rucker, executive director of Color for Change - which has helped persuade more than 80 advertisers to ditch Beck's show - said the group did an about-face after he called the choir.

Lookee here! Color of Change! That wouldn't be "Van Jones': Color of Change" now would it? Pursuing a personal vendetta perchance???? Noooooo... couldn't be! They're just making sure the Harlem Gospel Choir doesn't support non-liberals. Gots ta keep em on dat plantation, y'all.

More fun clips showing their diverrrrrrsity and tolllllllllllllllllllllerance.

"And we thought..." Gotta love that from a nice and impartial group like Colors of Change. Nice and moderate and mainstream. Like saying Krystallnacht was just a small case of vandalism.

Ooh wow! Gotta love THIS one! Wonder if they talked to Beck after this got dropped on them?

And WHO pray tell would threaten a gospel Choir for singing in a Glenn Beck production about Christmas? Things that make ya go... Hmmmmmmmmm.....

His desire to work with the Harlem Gospel Choir serves that goal, and it would have helped him position himself as embracing Black people while his rhetoric works against the interests of not only Black folks but most Americans.

Yes indeed! Beck hates black people. :rolleyes:

These people disgust me. What ever happened to being judged by the content of your character, not the color of your skin? Dead as the dearly departed Doctor King? It's inconceivable that people still act this way and manipulate the uninformed into their arenas of hate.

Mods, if this is over the line, lemme know. I'll edit it.

They did judge by the content of Beck's character!

Then provide evidence that suggest Beck is a racist or even a race-baiter.

you cannot say anything. as you automatically are on the defense. I can give you indications that obama may dislike white people but you are unable to give any that undermines what Beck said. All you can do is bash Beck. That's just the way it is.

*sigh*

Like I said from the jump you are asking me to prove a negative. No matter what I say it will not satisfy you.

I clearly aired my gripe with Beck. You can either accept it or not.

Is Obama a racist or is he just annoyed as hell that he isn't 100% black and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it?

Obviously not or I wouldn't have said he knee jerked to defend his friend and not a random black dude he never met before.

there is a deep disconnect in what I write and what your read!

Oh, I got it. You assert that he automatically thought the white guy in the situation was wrong because he's white. My assertion is that he automatically thought the man he knows personally and calls his friend was right.

*sigh*

Like I said from the jump you are asking me to prove a negative. No matter what I say it will not satisfy you.

I clearly aired my gripe with Beck. You can either accept it or not.

I accept it. I just don't think it's valid or well thought out.

Forum List

Back