HARD LESSONS: Sobbing Kindergarteners Snubbed at White House -- After Showing Up Late

gotta disagree here. it's on the trip planners for not leaving enough time to get there early. it's not like heavy traffic going into DC in the morning is an unusual event.
It's not a huge issue, but it speaks to the way BO views his world, he's too big to miss out on meeting a football team, if kids miss out, well, that is just too bad.

Says a lot about him as both a man and as a President, and none of it good.

It wasn't only the kids who got a surprise:

In prior years the teams were expected to wear suits and ties. This year, instead, they were asked to wear casual dress. So when they showed tie less and in slacks, not only were they there longer than they expected, about 4-hours in all, they were soon to find out that they were going to do some “volunteer” service.

“...They were lured hhere to collect on the photo op of a perk that comes with winning a Super Bowl: Meet the President, tour the digs, take a bow....

That all happened, for sure. But the Steelers also got an Obama Surprise. For the first time, a Super Bowl championship team came to the White House and worked.
The Steelers joined about 50 wounded soldiers in assembly lines and filled 3,000 care packages for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan....

For maybe 15 minutes, Obama worked side by side with Ward, in the same line with Parker and coach Mike Tomlin, as the large plastic bags flowed down the line….

The typically dapper Tomlin — with designer sunglasses that could pass a Secret Service wardrobe check — called it a "blessed day" that provides a lifetime of memories.... "

The Bell Tolls: Super Bowl wins Steelers hard work with Obama - USATODAY.com

the problem with your post is the children did nothing wrong here, what you are talking about is when children do something wrong, that is not the case here

The children, thanks to the ineptitude of their teacher, missed the window of opportunity with the Pres. And, instead of taking responsibility for her actions, she's blaming him. Way to go on the whole "personal responsibility" front, y'all.

The man be keeping those poor kindergarteners down.

harsh lessons for children who did nothing wrong= the tolerant libtards

graciousness for the children,,== Conservatives. :eusa_angel:
They did learn a hard lesson, a lot of people don't care if they are shitted on, as long as BO doesn't take a bit of heat.

Imagine if Chimpatoid did this, they would have had head explosions over how bad he was to teh children.

the problem with your post is the children did nothing wrong here, what you are talking about is when children do something wrong, that is not the case here

The children, thanks to the ineptitude of their teacher, missed the window of opportunity with the Pres. And, instead of taking responsibility for her actions, she's blaming him. Way to go on the whole "personal responsibility" front, y'all.

The man be keeping those poor kindergarteners down.

it is absolutey their teachers fault...i just think it was kind of silly for obama not to come down for 5 minutes and say hi...somehow i don't think the steelerrs would have been pissed if obama said, i'll be right i have to say a quick hi to some kindergarteners...

gotta disagree here. it's on the trip planners for not leaving enough time to get there early. it's not like heavy traffic going into DC in the morning is an unusual event.
It's not a huge issue, but it speaks to the way BO views his world, he's too big to miss out on meeting a football team, if kids miss out, well, that is just too bad.

Says a lot about him as both a man and as a President, and none of it good.

It wasn't only the kids who got a surprise:

In prior years the teams were expected to wear suits and ties. This year, instead, they were asked to wear casual dress. So when they showed tie less and in slacks, not only were they there longer than they expected, about 4-hours in all, they were soon to find out that they were going to do some “volunteer” service.

“...They were lured hhere to collect on the photo op of a perk that comes with winning a Super Bowl: Meet the President, tour the digs, take a bow....

That all happened, for sure. But the Steelers also got an Obama Surprise. For the first time, a Super Bowl championship team came to the White House and worked.
The Steelers joined about 50 wounded soldiers in assembly lines and filled 3,000 care packages for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan....

For maybe 15 minutes, Obama worked side by side with Ward, in the same line with Parker and coach Mike Tomlin, as the large plastic bags flowed down the line….

The typically dapper Tomlin — with designer sunglasses that could pass a Secret Service wardrobe check — called it a "blessed day" that provides a lifetime of memories.... "

The Bell Tolls: Super Bowl wins Steelers hard work with Obama - USATODAY.com

Did they have a choice or was it mandatory volunteerism?

Yeah, the POTUS has a life as simple as the common man. He wakes, up goes to work, takes a lunch, goes back to work and then clocks out and goes home for the day. The POTUS prolly didn't even get the word that they were "snubbed" until later. Anyone that thinks the Prez knows everything that goes on in and around the WH is sadly mistaken. He prolly just heard "they didn't show up."

They did learn a hard lesson, a lot of people don't care if they are shitted on, as long as BO doesn't take a bit of heat.

Imagine if Chimpatoid did this, they would have had head explosions over how bad he was to teh children.

you are mistaken
no one is pleased the kids missed the meet and greet with the president

but your blame is misdirected
criticize the adults who could not manage to arrive anywhere close to on time - "early" would have obviously been a better option
is there any wonder why kids leaving school have such poor life/work skills if these are typical of those responsible for teaching them

actually, it was the opposite with bush. he was properly criticized for returning to reading the (now upside down) book to the class after receiving notification that the 9/11 attack had been inflicted on our nation. now, those were misplaced priorities

Last edited:
it is absolutey their teachers fault...i just think it was kind of silly for obama not to come down for 5 minutes and say hi...somehow i don't think the steelerrs would have been pissed if obama said, i'll be right i have to say a quick hi to some kindergarteners...

This is based upon a false assumption. Obama didn't go straight from the planned meeting with the kids to a meeting with the steelers. He went straight to deliver a foreign policy speech. Should he have interrupted himself and said, "Oh, sorry, need to go greet some kindergarteners?" We elected the president to do a job. Public relations is an infinitessimally small part of that job. The main job that he needs to do is GOVERN.

Now, if people want to critique his job, as far as governing is concerned, fine. But threads like this just make the right look stupid. And that's embarrassing for them.

And, as someone who is beholden to neither party, I wish the right would grow the fuck up so I could start voting for them again.

Last edited:

you are mistaken

criticize the adults who could not manage to arrive anywhere close to on time - "early" would have obviously been a better option
is there any wonder why kids leaving school have such poor life/work skills if these are typical of those responsible for teaching them

actually, it was the opposite with bush. he was properly criticized for returning to reading the (now upside down) book to the class after receiving notification that the 9/11 attack had been inflicted on our nation. now, those were misplaced priorities

is it grape today? or strawberry?

This is based upon a false assumption. Obama didn't go straight from the planned meeting with the kids to a meeting with the steelers. He went straight to deliver a foreign policy speech. Should he have interrupted himself and said, "Oh, sorry, need to go greet some kindergarteners?" We elected the president to do a job. Public relations is an infinitessimally small part of that job. The main job that he needs to do is GOVERN.

Now, if people want to critique his job, as far as governing is concerned, fine. But threads like this just make the right look stupid. And that's embarrassing for them.

And, as someone who is beholden to neither party, I wish the right would grow the fuck up so I could start voting for them again.

oh come the hell off it.. you are a democwat and never intend to vote republican if you ever did in the first place..

you are mistaken

No Damn Class Barry

you are mistaken

i'll pass ... thanks for the offer
not that you and those like you need any more

you are mistaken

i'll pass ... thanks for the offer
not that you and those like you need any more

I see that grape around yer lip,,, go see if huffingsome is serving strawberry,, bet they are!

with all due respect, it is was not an assumption, the OP claims it was because of the steelers and the article cited does not mention a press release. this is the first i have heard of it, so you are incorrect to say it was an assumption, it was a statement made based on available facts, thats not an assumption.

LOL! You idiots cry more than preschoolers.

Word has it that Obama has reinvited the kids and he's promised if their teacher is late again he'll send Wanda Sykes to entertain them in his place.

Meeting the Steelers were more important... Great move Obama! :clap2:

Sobbing Kindergarteners Snubbed for Steelers? | NBC Washington

It's interesting what is emphasized and....not emphasized.

Paty Stine said the White House staff should have made an exception. She feels the kindergarteners were snubbed for the Steelers.

"Here we have President Obama and his administration saying, 'Here we are for the common, middle class people,' and here he is not letting 150 5- and 6-year-olds into the White House because he’s throwing a lunch for a bunch of grown millionaires," Stine said.

Obama snubs kindergarteners for Steelers.....yet:

The Steelers and the Obama administration used their time together to create 3,000 care packages for U.S. troops as part of a Wounded Warriors initiative.

Had Obama stiffed the Steelers do you want to bet the headlines would have been something along the line of Obama snubs wounded veterans?

They were an hour late. When you're an hour late to something, it's generally understood that you've missed out on the meeting.

The president does have a busy schedule. When you make an appointment with him and then miss it, you shouldn't expect that he's the one whose going to wait.

with all due respect, it is was not an assumption, the OP claims it was because of the steelers and the article cited does not mention a press release. this is the first i have heard of it, so you are incorrect to say it was an assumption, it was a statement made based on available facts, thats not an assumption.

It was covered in this thread. Had you read the thread before responding, your comments would likely have been more accurate.

Forum List

Back