HARD LESSONS: Sobbing Kindergarteners Snubbed at White House -- After Showing Up Late

It's funny to see that the rightwingers in this thread seem to believe children should be put on pedestals and all of their desires met.

I know it is liberals that have that reputation for that mindset but in my experience it is usually the opposite as this thread has shown.

It's funny to see that the rightwingers in this thread seem to believe children should be put on pedestals and all of their desires met.

I know it is liberals that have that reputation for that mindset but in my experience it is usually the opposite as this thread has shown.

Normally, if you suggested that kids should be encouraged in being tardy, they'd be all over us "liberals."

i'm pretty rightish and i think the kids are being used.

get there on time is a good lesson to learn, albeit this is a tough way for those kids to learn it.

get there on time is a good lesson to learn, albeit this is a tough way for those kids to learn it.
Prolly...I sassed my mom once and she canceled a special trip my aunt was taking me on. Very painful, but the lesson stuck. :lol:

Prolly...I sassed my mom once and she canceled a special trip my aunt was taking me on. Very painful, but the lesson stuck. :lol:

funny how that works.:lol:

the problem with your post is the children did nothing wrong here, what you are talking about is when children do something wrong, that is not the case here

:razz: My mom would never have used that particular punishment. I have 7 siblings and that little trip for me would also be a mini vacation for her.

She would have just smacked us one for the sass.

the problem with your post is the children did nothing wrong here, what you are talking about is when children do something wrong, that is not the case here

Damn son,, will you stop being logical??? :lol:

so in your little world there is no room for tardy! I'll anxiously await your bitching next time the obamalama is late for a press conference or a speech! oh yeah! :lol:

In my world, having met with a few mayors and governors, I know to be on time. Interestingly enough, I've taken quite a few kids, over the years, to meet with political figures. We were never late, because it's incredibly disrespectful to the person you are meeting with. And, I felt it was really important to teach my kids to be respectful of other people's time. It's a core life lesson, I think.

well, then punish the teacher and not the kids,, kids had no control over the situationn is this correct... would the kids have been tardy if they could have helped it??? no the moral of the story is do the right thing.. the right thing would have been for the WH to bend over backwards to let the kids in.. even if they didn't see his highness!

how nice that you appear to be on a first name basis with the president. i believe his name is Barack, though... it means blessed... same as Baruch which is Hebrew.

I do love the handwringing because a teacher badly planned a trip... I suppose a president could sit there with school kids reading My Pet Goat while our largest city is being attacked.

That didn't bother the right much and this does?

Once again... faux outrage and total silliness.

In the beginning, he was Barry.

"Barry" was his nickname in college. He wasn't ashamed of it, but the way it is put out there now, you'd think it was some sort of blot as bad as "Hussein." I wonder if these same people made fun of "Barry" Goldwater.

Wrong, he was Barry from when he was little and changed it during college.

And the younger Barack was known as Barry by one and all when he moved from Hawaii to Indonesia at age 6 to live with his Indonesian stepfather.

The change from Barry to Barack came in 1980 when Obama came home from college at Christmas and told his mother and grandparents that henceforth he wanted be known by his given name.

Newsmax.com - How Barry Became Barack Obama

So, what's the problem? I don't hear you bitching about me calling Bush Georgie. Or is your faux indignation only applicable when it's directed at your boi?

BTW, isn't this more 'insignificant shit blather' that you say the right is always rambling on about?

Last edited:
The White House tells a slightly different story. A spokesperson said the group was actually supposed to be there at 9:30, but they held the gates for the group until 10:30, 15 minutes longer than they told the group, but when they still hadn't arrived, they had to draw the line.

Were they suppose to be there at 9:30 . . . . or were the gates held 15 minutes longer than they (WH) told the group? Oooo, the mystery deepens.

Know what would have been really cool of Barry to do? Give the kids a little tour then invite them to the Steeler's lunch. He would have come off looking uber cool.

Sure, then the frenzy would go something like: WHAT AN ASS!! DOESN'T OBLAMAMAMAMA HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN ENTERTAIN 5-YEAR OLD CHILDREN AND FOOTBALL STARS?

Perhaps . . . or maybe the fact that he went out of his way for these kids would have been duly noted. Alas, we'll never know cause Barry bailed.

No, they didn't but their handlers did.

No, they didn't but their handlers did.

handlers? are we talking about animals here? or children? there's the disconnect~

Ahh.. there we go... mystery resolved... thanks! :) Now, let's see how the vitriolic anti-Obama crowd reacts...

no vitriol involved.. barry had a chance to be a hero to little kids and he didn't take it.. he chose to be with his football buddies! end of story,, bunch of disappointed little kids don't matter.. cept somebody published the story!

Wiwwow -- you put a whole new meaning to the adage "like a broken record."

OMG you're such a hypocrite. You whine about me calling Obama 'Barry' yet YOU come on and refer to Willow as 'Wiwwow' (how very Sealy of you)? I see you've learned the Barry 'do as I say not as I do' mantra well, grasshopper. :lol:

harsh lessons for children who did nothing wrong= the tolerant libtards

graciousness for the children,,== Conservatives. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back