HARD LESSONS: Sobbing Kindergarteners Snubbed at White House -- After Showing Up Late

The White House tells a slightly different story. A spokesperson said the group was actually supposed to be there at 9:30, but they held the gates for the group until 10:30, 15 minutes longer than they told the group, but when they still hadn't arrived, they had to draw the line.

Were they suppose to be there at 9:30 . . . . or were the gates held 15 minutes longer than they (WH) told the group? Oooo, the mystery deepens.

Know what would have been really cool of Barry to do? Give the kids a little tour then invite them to the Steeler's lunch. He would have come off looking uber cool.

Sure, then the frenzy would go something like: WHAT AN ASS!! DOESN'T OBLAMAMAMAMA HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN ENTERTAIN 5-YEAR OLD CHILDREN AND FOOTBALL STARS?

So true.. he's fucked if he does he's fucked if he doesn't... the idiotic wingnuts will always find something to bitch about :eusa_whistle: ...

Boring...

Why the hell is this even bought up as an issue? Not like the president or the White House has a loose or easy schedule....

Jeez

Exactly. HEY GUNNY!! Get out your MOVE TO LAME ZONE pen for this one.

when we need your valued counsel on moderating the threads, we'll let you know,mmkay?

No, not okay. Either you want input or you intend to remain on your high and mighty pedestal and smack down anyone with dissenting opinions. Besides, you're not Gunny are you?

I don't get this. The article says the kids didn't show up until after 9:30 a.m., but the president's foreign policy speech was set for 10:00 a.m. He should have postponed that? As it was, it started late. I looked at his schedule for yesterday, and he didn't meet with the Steelers until 1:30 p.m.

POLITICO 44: The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute
[Scroll to calendar and click on 5/21]

Ahh.. there we go... mystery resolved... thanks! :) Now, let's see how the vitriolic anti-Obama crowd reacts...

no vitriol involved.. barry had a chance to be a hero to little kids and he didn't take it.. he chose to be with his football buddies! end of story,, bunch of disappointed little kids don't matter.. cept somebody published the story!

Wiwwow -- you put a whole new meaning to the adage "like a broken record."

It never ceases to amaze me, some of you will defend Obama in everything.

The POTUS was 100% WRONG here, meeting a bunch of overpaid football players is NOT a priority compared to giving a group of children a memory that would last them a lifetime.

A LOT of you have some seriously fucked up priorities in life.

Really, climb the fuck out of Obama's ass, he was wrong here.

Why is it thus far I'm the ONLY ONE who actually checked the facts? The kids tour was in the MORNING. Obama's meet with the Steelers was at 1:30 in the AFTERNOON. The morning kiddie tour, especially if they were late, would have conflicted with his major foreign policy speech, which -- sorry -- has global importance and takes precedence. And after all Dick Cheney was already pissed off that Obama's speech got a late start and took longer than 5 minutes which cut into The Dick's rebuttal. And we can't have that.

you're awesome.
really

Thank you. I was glad I had the opportunity for one final turn of the screw.

Ahh.. there we go... mystery resolved... thanks! :) Now, let's see how the vitriolic anti-Obama crowd reacts...

no vitriol involved.. barry had a chance to be a hero to little kids and he didn't take it.. he chose to be with his football buddies! end of story,, bunch of disappointed little kids don't matter.. cept somebody published the story!

Wiwwow -- you put a whole new meaning to the adage "like a broken record."

grape or cherry dear?

Exactly. HEY GUNNY!! Get out your MOVE TO LAME ZONE pen for this one.

when we need your valued counsel on moderating the threads, we'll let you know,mmkay?

No, not okay. Either you want input or you intend to remain on your high and mighty pedestal and smack down anyone with dissenting opinions. Besides, you're not Gunny are you?

there is a mechanism for reporting posts you feel are inappropriate, i suggest you use it rather than wailing and gnashing your teeth. if you have a problem with the way a post is moderated, take it up with a staff member via PM or the aforementioned reporting mechanism. i'm sure a bright light such as yourself has familiarized yourself with the rules of the board and they momentarily slipped your mind.
and no, i'm not Gunny, but i stayed in a holiday inn express last night.

It never ceases to amaze me, some of you will defend Obama in everything.

The POTUS was 100% WRONG here, meeting a bunch of overpaid football players is NOT a priority compared to giving a group of children a memory that would last them a lifetime.

A LOT of you have some seriously fucked up priorities in life.

Really, climb the fuck out of Obama's ass, he was wrong here.

Why is it thus far I'm the ONLY ONE who actually checked the facts? The kids tour was in the MORNING. Obama's meet with the Steelers was at 1:30 in the AFTERNOON. The morning kiddie tour, especially if they were late, would have conflicted with his major foreign policy speech, which -- sorry -- has global importance and takes precedence. And after all Dick Cheney was already pissed off that Obama's speech got a late start and took longer than 5 minutes which cut into The Dick's rebuttal. And we can't have that.

except Vice President Cheney's speech was not a rebuttal now was it. He was scheduled to give this speech way before the obamalama ever thought about it.. obamalama scheduled his speech after Vice President Cheney did.cause he knew it would make him look bad,, .

Meeting the Steelers were more important... Great move Obama! :clap2:

Sobbing Kindergarteners Snubbed for Steelers? | NBC Washington

I don't get this. The article says the kids didn't show up until after 9:30 a.m., but the president's foreign policy speech was set for 10:00 a.m. He should have postponed that? As it was, it started late. I looked at his schedule for yesterday, and he didn't meet with the Steelers until 1:30 p.m.

As for the time lines the article reads as follows:

A lot of preparing had gone into the trip. Conway Elementary teachers had been planning the trip for months, each child paid $20 for a seat on the chartered bus, and names were submitted to the White House for clearance.

Parents say they tried to make it on time, but their chartered buses hit heavy traffic that slowed them down substantially. They thought they were supposed to show up by 10:15, but they say they arrived at 10:25 instead, and couldn’t get in.

"The person who headed this White House trip up came out and said, 'I’m sorry, the White House tour's off.' There were a lot of crying kids," parent Barbara Stine said.

The White House tells a slightly different story. A spokesperson said the group was actually supposed to be there at 9:30, but they held the gates for the group until 10:30, 15 minutes longer than they told the group, but when they still hadn't arrived, they had to draw the line.

It appears the children were ten minutes late for the scheduled tour from the childrens parents perspective.

The White House version claims the tour was more than an hour late.

there is a mechanism for reporting posts you feel are inappropriate, i suggest you use it rather than wailing and gnashing your teeth. if you have a problem with the way a post is moderated, take it up with a staff member via PM or the aforementioned reporting mechanism. i'm sure a bright light such as yourself has familiarized yourself with the rules of the board and they momentarily slipped your mind.

Oh lighten up, wouldja? My original comment was said in jest.

Meeting the Steelers were more important... Great move Obama! :clap2:

Sobbing Kindergarteners Snubbed for Steelers? | NBC Washington

As for the time lines the article reads as follows:

A lot of preparing had gone into the trip. Conway Elementary teachers had been planning the trip for months, each child paid $20 for a seat on the chartered bus, and names were submitted to the White House for clearance.

Parents say they tried to make it on time, but their chartered buses hit heavy traffic that slowed them down substantially. They thought they were supposed to show up by 10:15, but they say they arrived at 10:25 instead, and couldn’t get in.

"The person who headed this White House trip up came out and said, 'I’m sorry, the White House tour's off.' There were a lot of crying kids," parent Barbara Stine said.

It appears the children were ten minutes late for the scheduled tour from the childrens parents perspective.

The White House version claims the tour was more than an hour late.

"breaker one nine,, we have us a "conflict" so the kids arrived at 10:25,, and the WH held the gate open til 10:30? so wtf was the problem? they got there with 5 minutes to spare right?

yeah, i could tell by the lighthearted way you reacted. :lol:

Well I really think you people should get to the bottom of this horrendous issue. You could always contact the White House Security office or the WH Police, who man the entrances, and see if you can get a PRECISE time of arrival of the little kiddies. Then we can discuss this all through the weekend. Sounds like a joy. After all, there's nothing else going on of any importance, right? Just a bunch of boring graduation speeches.

yeah, i could tell by the lighthearted way you reacted. :lol:

My "reaction" was in response to your uncalled for attack. You have the memory span of a gnat, it would seem.

Well I really think you people should get to the bottom of this horrendous issue. You could always contact the White House Security office or the WH Police, who man the entrances, and see if you can get a PRECISE time of arrival of the little kiddies. Then we can discuss this all through the weekend. Sounds like a joy. After all, there's nothing else going on of any importance, right? Just a bunch of boring graduation speeches.

nobody forces you to stay in this thread correct?

so in your little world there is no room for tardy! I'll anxiously await your bitching next time the obamalama is late for a press conference or a speech! oh yeah! :lol:

In my world, having met with a few mayors and governors, I know to be on time. Interestingly enough, I've taken quite a few kids, over the years, to meet with political figures. We were never late, because it's incredibly disrespectful to the person you are meeting with. And, I felt it was really important to teach my kids to be respectful of other people's time. It's a core life lesson, I think.

Forum List

Back