Happy Thanksgiving Pilgrim Cannibals

Something to think about as you fill a plate with turkey and stuffing tomorrow.

"Things which seame incredible" (but are true in this case)

Cannibalism in Early Jamestown

"A worlde of miseries ensewed as the Sequell will expresse unto yow, in so mutche thatt some to satisfye their hunger have robbed the store for the which I Caused them to be executed. Then haveinge fedd upon our horses and other beastes as longe as they Lasted, we weare gladd to make shifte with vermin as doggs Catts, Ratts and myce all was fishe thatt Came to Nett to satisfye Crewell hunger, as to eate Bootes shoes or any other leather some Colde come by. And those beinge Spente and devoured some weare inforced to searche the woodes and to feede upon Serpentts and snakes and to digge the earthe for wylde and unknowne Rootes, where many of our men weare Cutt of and slayne by the Salvages. And now famin beginneinge to Looke gastely and pale in every face, thatt notheinge was Spared to mainteyne Lyfe and to doe those things which seame incredible, as to digge upp deade corpes outt of graves and to eate them. And some have Licked upp the Bloode which hathe fallen from their weake fellowes."

Things which seame incredible Cannibalism in Early Jamestown The Colonial Williamsburg Official History Citizenship Site
The first Thanksgiving was in Plymouth, Massachusetts, dipshit.

The Southern colonization was a pursuit of material wealth.

No....the first Thanksgiving was December 4th 1619 in Virginia. Please read the wiki link I provided. :) No Jamestown....no Pilgrims. It's that simple. In fact....the Plymouth Company set up a Colony in Maine in 1607 at the same time as Jamestown. It failed...miserably.

No....the first Thanksgiving was December 4th 1619 in Virginia.

Nope.

The event that Americans commonly call the "First Thanksgiving" was celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the New World in 1621.

Thanksgiving United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Nope.

Berkeley Plantation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Among the many American "firsts" that occurred at Berkeley Plantation are:

On December 4, 1619, a group of 38 English settlers arrived at Berkeley Hundred, about 8,000 acres (32 km2) on the north bank of the James River near Herring Creek in an area then known as Charles Cittie (sic). It was named for one of the original founders, Richard Berkeley,[citation needed] a member of the Berkeley family of Gloucestershire, England. It was about 20 miles upstream from Jamestown, where the first permanent settlement of the Colony of Virginia was established on May 14, 1607.

The group's charter required that the day of arrival be observed yearly as a "day of thanksgiving" to God. On that first day, Captain John Woodleaf held the service of thanksgiving.

Setting aside time to give thanks for one's blessings is much older than the European settlement of the North America.

The first documented thanksgiving services in territory currently belonging to the United States were conducted by Spaniards in the 16th century.[9][10] Thanksgiving services were routine in what was to become the Commonwealth of Virginia as early as 1607,[11] with the first permanent settlement of Jamestown, Virginia holding a thanksgiving in 1610.[9] In 1619, 38 English settlers arrived at Berkeley Hundred. The group's charter required "that the day of our ships arrival at the place assigned for plantacon in the land of Virginia shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God."[12] Three years later, after theIndian massacre of 1622, the Berkeley Hundred site and other outlying locations were abandoned.

According to Baker, "the American holiday's true origin was the New England Calvinist Thanksgiving. Never coupled with a Sabbath meeting, the Puritan observances were special days set aside during the week for thanksgiving and praise in response to God's providence."

Americans commonly trace the Thanksgiving holiday to a 1621 celebration at the Plymouth Plantation, where the Plymouth settlers held a harvest feast after a successful growing season.

No....the first Thanksgiving was December 4th 1619 in Virginia.

Nope.

The event that Americans commonly call the "First Thanksgiving" was celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the New World in 1621.

Nope.

Berkeley Plantation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Among the many American "firsts" that occurred at Berkeley Plantation are:

On December 4, 1619, a group of 38 English settlers arrived at Berkeley Hundred, about 8,000 acres (32 km2) on the north bank of the James River near Herring Creek in an area then known as Charles Cittie (sic). It was named for one of the original founders, Richard Berkeley,[citation needed] a member of the Berkeley family of Gloucestershire, England. It was about 20 miles upstream from Jamestown, where the first permanent settlement of the Colony of Virginia was established on May 14, 1607.

The group's charter required that the day of arrival be observed yearly as a "day of thanksgiving" to God. On that first day, Captain John Woodleaf held the service of thanksgiving.
That is not the event which inspired the federal holiday.

Regardless, the Jamestown settlers were not Pilgrims. They were colonists.

They were colonists sanctioned under royal charter. No Jamestown....no Pilgrims. And the first Thanksgiving was in Virginia. That is a fact.

The original Founders of Jamestown explored the Massachusetts region from 1606 until 1614.

Capt John Smith named the region New England to attract settlers from back home. Bartholomew Gosnold named Martha's Vineyard after his daughter and dubbed Cape Cod. The Pilgrims had Capt John Smith's book on how to survive in the New World.

Even with Smith's book half of them died in the first year.

The Pilgrims were a pale offshoot of the Virginia Colony. Again....no Jamestown....no Pilgrims.

They were colonists sanctioned under royal charter. No Jamestown....no Pilgrims. And the first Thanksgiving was in Virginia. That is a fact.

The original Founders of Jamestown explored the Massachusetts region from 1606 until 1614.

Capt John Smith named the region New England to attract settlers from back home. Bartholomew Gosnold named Martha's Vineyard after his daughter and dubbed Cape Cod. The Pilgrims had Capt John Smith's book on how to survive in the New World.

Even with Smith's book half of them died in the first year.

The Pilgrims were a pale offshoot of the Virginia Colony. Again....no Jamestown....no Pilgrims.
It's fun to watch you get all testy.
51y4FoP3JvL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thankful I'm not a miserable Liberal.
Me too...
The Jamestown colony were not pilgrims.
Pick a better name then. Feel free.
Pick a better title, but I guess it's too late.
I like it just fine.

Its just like any Paintmywhore post, meaningless and full of lies.
Yeah, paint is a low-information ditz.

OK, colonists.

You can argue semantics but if you want to put it in modern terms, they were all illegal immigrants.

Nobody checked with the natives at the time to make sure it was OK to land, much less set up housing and then subsequently starve to death. Guess who came in and saved them? Three guesses.

"""They were colonists sanctioned under royal charter."""

Not any royal charter sanctioned or condoned by the people who lived here before they arrived.

Me too...
I like it just fine.

OK, colonists.

You can argue semantics but if you want to put it in modern terms, they were all illegal immigrants.

Nobody checked with the natives at the time to make sure it was OK to land, much less set up housing and then subsequently starve to death. Guess who came in and saved them? Three guesses.
What law were they breaking? Seriously, enlighten us!

OK, colonists.

1. Jesus
2. Spider-Man
3. Donna Summers?

Me too...
I like it just fine.

OK, colonists.

Lord De La Warr arrived with a resupply fleet and saved the Colony. And the Natives were illegal immigrants as well. Did the animals and life forms here in the New World invite them over?

Me too...
I like it just fine.

OK, colonists.

Lord De La Warr arrived with a resupply fleet and saved the Colony. And the Natives were illegal immigrants as well. Did the animals and life forms here in the New World invite them over?
Now you're really stretching, and being unbiblical of course.

Me too...
I like it just fine.

OK, colonists.

Native Americans didn't have laws concerning illegal immigrants because they didn't need them. Do you think the white Europeans asked permission to invade their land or did they just take it like it was an....entitlement?

Me too...
I like it just fine.

OK, colonists.

If you think they were illegal immigrants then what does that make you?

Me too...
I like it just fine.

OK, colonists.

Native Americans didn't have laws concerning illegal immigrants because they didn't need them. Do you think the white Europeans asked permission to invade their land or did they just take it like it was an....entitlement?
No one had laws concerning migration then. There were no passports or customs officials anywhere. This is absolutely an air-headed argument. One of the most patently ignorant I've seen since JoeB's.

Me too...
I like it just fine.

OK, colonists.

Want to provide a link for that? How did De La Warr know to come with a resupply fleet? Did the Pilgrims send him an email?

I am referring to Plymouth, MA not VIrginia.

Forum List

Back