Happy Holidays

Oh, who cares. Just say whatever you want. If someone gets offended by Merry Christmas, then that person is the one with the problem.

Merry Christmas!! :D

46NgY.jpg

I agree completely, just pointing out the ignorance of our liberal friends.
Given your posting history, you're in no position to accuse anyone of being 'ignorant.'

I hate the song "Happy Holidays" absolutely hate it. Incidentally, it's one of the most frequently used songs in commercials. That and the Twelve Days of Christmas. Mein Gott!

This is arguably the best Christmas album that was ever created.

This Happy Holidays v. Merry Christmas row is fabricated bullshit. I am willing to bet the farm that most Americans do not care and likely say both phrases.

I say Merry Christmas and if someone doesn't like it that's too damn bad. They'll get over it

I said Merry Christmas to about two dozen people yesterday and not one person batted an eye-lash either way. I think most of this controversy exists the media and blogosphere.

That and a few people who have too much time on their hands or have perpetual butt hurt about something. It's like these people moaning about athletes praying, get over it, it doesn't have any bearing on your pathetic life

I wish I was so bored I couldn't invite things to bitch about. lol
Most of the bitching in this topic is done by right wingers who are offended when someone says "happy holidays".

Merry Christmahanakwanzika! lol

I say Merry Christmas and if someone doesn't like it that's too damn bad. They'll get over it

I said Merry Christmas to about two dozen people yesterday and not one person batted an eye-lash either way. I think most of this controversy exists the media and blogosphere.

That and a few people who have too much time on their hands or have perpetual butt hurt about something. It's like these people moaning about athletes praying, get over it, it doesn't have any bearing on your pathetic life

I wish I was so bored I couldn't invite things to bitch about. lol
Most of the bitching in this topic is done by right wingers who are offended when someone says "happy holidays".

Merry Christmahanakwanzika! lol
That's even more offensive!

This Happy Holidays v. Merry Christmas row is fabricated bullshit. I am willing to bet the farm that most Americans do not care and likely say both phrases.

Conservative media and conservative blogs – another inane non-issue contrived by many on the right, such as the OP.

Liberals insist that we say happy holidays rather than merry Christmas. Do liberals understand that the word "holiday" was originally "holy day". So when they insist on Happy holidays they are really saying HAPPY HOLY DAYS. Happy holy days sounds kind of religious to me, how about you?

Just more proof that liberals are ignorant.

I suspect, upon hearing this, the average liberal will rip their tongue out knowing that they have been saying 'holy day' instead of holiday.

Holiday does not mean religious. Nice try, but fail.

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

This thread is an epic fail.

The derivation of the word has religious connotations. Holy Day = holiday.

So the OP is correct.

Yes, we currently use the word "holiday" to describe any day that most people do not have to work. But the fact remains, holiday is a contraction of holy day.

Liberals insist that we say happy holidays rather than merry Christmas. Do liberals understand that the word "holiday" was originally "holy day". So when they insist on Happy holidays they are really saying HAPPY HOLY DAYS. Happy holy days sounds kind of religious to me, how about you?

I suspect, upon hearing this, the average liberal will rip their tongue out knowing that they have been saying 'holy day' instead of holiday.

I suspect that if it weren't for Redfish, you'd win the Retard of the Thread award.

(Newly created)

Liberals insist that we say happy holidays rather than merry Christmas. Do liberals understand that the word "holiday" was originally "holy day". So when they insist on Happy holidays they are really saying HAPPY HOLY DAYS. Happy holy days sounds kind of religious to me, how about you? Just more proof that liberals are ignorant.
You're full of shit. It's said because there's more than one holiday involved.

Yep, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years day. All holidays. What I said in the OP is accurate and you libs are calling every day off a holy day, but you're too fricken stupid to realize it,.

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

So the OP is correct.

Yes, we currently use the word "holiday" to describe any day that most people do not have to work. But the fact remains, holiday is a contraction of holy day.

Did you run down the street in your underpants yelling 'Eureka' when you found this out?

I suspect that if it weren't for Redfish, you'd win the Retard of the Thread award.

(Newly created)

you already own the lifetime retard of the year award, no one comes close. except maybe rightwinger and his sock jake the fake.

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

So the OP is correct.

Did you run down the street in your underpants yelling 'Eureka' when you found this out?

Just pointing out the ignorance of liberals. Use that information as you choose.

BTW, I "found that out" when I was about 7 years old, they actually educated kids back in those days.

(Newly created)

you already own the lifetime retard of the year award, no one comes close. except maybe rightwinger and his sock jake the fake.

Name 10 things I've ever said that were wrong.

(Newly created)

You are a far left drone 99.9% of what you post is wrong..

That was easy!

Next.....

(Newly created)

pick any 10 of your posts at random.

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

So the OP is correct.

Just pointing out the ignorance of liberals. Use that information as you choose.

BTW, I "found that out" when I was about 7 years old, they actually educated kids back in those days.

In the UK they call a vacation from work a 'holiday', so unbeknownst to you, the term has evolved different meanings and usages.

(Newly created)

You are a far left drone 99.9% of what you post is wrong..

That was easy!

Next.....

If I were a drone I know where my first strike would be.

(Newly created)

pick any 10 of your posts at random.

I pick number 56, what's incorrect in it.

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

So the OP is correct.

In the UK they call a vacation from work a 'holiday', so unbeknownst to you, the term has evolved different meanings and usages.

I never said otherwise. Just trying to educate you libs on the origin of the word and to once again point our your ignorance and hypocrisy.

It's said because there's more than one holiday involved.
Yep, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years day. All holidays. What I said in the OP is accurate and you libs are calling every day off a holy day, but you're too fricken stupid to realize it,.
Holy day being the root of holiday is something anyone with half a brain knows. Since you know, we can safely lower that to 1/4. :cool-45:

May the Spirit of Christmas and the love it represents be with America since the founders knelt in earnest prayer at Valley Forge up to the present when the National Tree shines on..

220px-US_National_Christmas_Tree_1979.jpg

Forum List

Back