"Not a lot of evangelicals come out of Cuba"

Have had members of the KKK as President. Nothing wrong with being a racist as far as the Presidency is concered. Wha dya think all the Founders were? Owning slaves, writing slaves just 2/3 that of free persons, and oh ya, not overly fond of women either. Couldn't vote until the 20th century.

Have had members of the KKK as President. Nothing wrong with being a racist as far as the Presidency is concered. Wha dya think all the Founders were? Owning slaves, writing slaves just 2/3 that of free persons, and oh ya, not overly fond of women either. Couldn't vote until the 20th century.
Those were different times.

3/5ths. not even the dignity of 2/3.

Anyhow, this is racist? Cubans are a race, now?

I said bigot in the OP. Anything to offer other than deflection?

Fine. Saying that few evangelicals come out of somewhere is an insult?

Read between the lines ...
"Cruz can't really be an evangelical. Look at him! He's a hispanic!"

Read between the lines ...
"Cruz can't really be an evangelical. Look at him! He's a hispanic!"
He said Cubans. Hispanics are crazy with that shit.

I don't think the founders were racist. Owning slaves was common for the day around the world. Jefferson even had affairs with slaves. None of the founders hated. To be racist, in the true sense, is absolute hate for another race. That doesn't describe the founders.

As of 2010 there were 800,000 evangelicals in Cuba.
Cubans Flock To Evangelism To Fill Spiritual Vacuum
I thought evangalism was illegal down there. Now there's really nothing to him or haw about if he's wrong. Maybe Cruz can catapult himself into the presidency based on this. It's Trump's boldest statement yet.
It's Trump's dumbest statement yet.
It ranks. It's about Ted Cruz, though. Who cares?

I don't think the founders were racist. Owning slaves was common for the day around the world. Jefferson even had affairs with slaves. None of the founders hated. To be racist, in the true sense, is absolute hate for another race. That doesn't describe the founders.
Racism only requires hate when it's illegal or inaccessible. Owning slaves because they're black and having sex with chicks because you own them, because they're black, is racist, whether it's common or legal or not.

Racism only requires hate when it's illegal or inaccessible. Owning slaves because they're black and having sex with chicks because you own them, because they're black, is racist, whether it's common or legal or not.

Racism requires hate.

Racism requires hate.
I don't think that the founders were hateful bigots as such was more characteristic of the waning points of antebellum, once slaves were no longer imported and the institution was under duress.

For sure the founders were privileged. Some, like Jefferson, were pleased to indulge in abject racism, but didn't have the element of scorn that you insist is there. Like you said, slavery - feudalism at least - was a global norm a couple centuries prior.

Forum List

Back