Happy Holidays

I work in the public sector so when I say "Happy Holidays" to someone, it's not to be secular, it's to be inclusive since I don't know if the person I am talking to celebrates Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan or Kwanzaa.

I wish my friends a Happy Christmahannukwanzadan. :D

Liberals insist that we say happy holidays rather than merry Christmas. Do liberals understand that the word "holiday" was originally "holy day". So when they insist on Happy holidays they are really saying HAPPY HOLY DAYS. Happy holy days sounds kind of religious to me, how about you? Just more proof that liberals are ignorant.
You're full of shit. It's said because there's more than one holiday involved.

Yep, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years day. All holidays. What I said in the OP is accurate and you libs are calling every day off a holy day, but you're too fricken stupid to realize it,.

We are no more calling every holiday a holy day than calling you a bitch is calling you a female canine.

just trying to educate you dumbass libs as to the derivation of the word. Apparently the defective liberal gene blocks learning.

The 1% of USMB'ers who didn't already know that are eternally in your debt, I guess then.

Now would you like a lesson on how a single word can have more than one meaning?

I hate the song "Happy Holidays" absolutely hate it. Incidentally, it's one of the most frequently used songs in commercials. That and the Twelve Days of Christmas. Mein Gott!

This is arguably the best Christmas album that was ever created.

Have to respectfully disagree. There are two best Christmas albums. One is the Kingston Trio's album "Last Month of the Year"

and the second is John Denver and the Muppets "A Christmas Together".

Oh, my! I have both of these albums as well. I love John Denver and I was saddened greatly by his passing. I have a lot of kin from West Virginia so we were inundated with Denver's music.

Vince Guaraldi Trio: A Charlie Brown Christmas

Another one of my favorites. I can play this whole album on the piano, that is how much I love it! lol

I hate the song "Happy Holidays" absolutely hate it. Incidentally, it's one of the most frequently used songs in commercials. That and the Twelve Days of Christmas. Mein Gott!

Have to respectfully disagree. There are two best Christmas albums. One is the Kingston Trio's album "Last Month of the Year"

Oh, my! I have both of these albums as well. I love John Denver and I was saddened greatly by his passing. I have a lot of kin from West Virginia so we were inundated with Denver's music.

Another one of my favorites. I can play this whole album on the piano, that is how much I love it! lol

I seriously thought my family was the only ones that had that Kingston Trio album. My Dad was a huge Trio fan when he was a teen so we've always played that one. I hope my kids will carry on the tradition.

I've been a Denver and a Muppets fan from my own earliest memories.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
MerryChristmas1.jpg

I seriously thought my family was the only ones that had that Kingston Trio album. My Dad was a huge Trio fan when he was a teen so we've always played that one. I hope my kids will carry on the tradition.

I've been a Denver and a Muppets fan from my own earliest memories.

My grandmother loves The Kingston Trio and she would play their Christmas album all the time. My sister and I have also carried on the tradition as well.

I am huge Muppet fan. ChrisL and I just recently had a Muppet gush fest this week. lol. I love me some Ms. Piggy! LOVE!

Forum List

Back