Happy Holidays

Liberals insist that we say happy holidays rather than merry Christmas. Do liberals understand that the word "holiday" was originally "holy day". So when they insist on Happy holidays they are really saying HAPPY HOLY DAYS. Happy holy days sounds kind of religious to me, how about you?

Just more proof that liberals are ignorant.

It make sense seeing right now it is not Christmas or Christmas eve and Chanukah is going on at this moment which is a religious event for the Jewish Population of the world.

I will be more than glad to greet you a Merry Christmas on the eve or the day of Christmas but not before then.

So Happy Holidays or Holy Days to you and if I am not here on the eve or day of Christmas ( which I will not be ) then a early Merry Christmas to you...

Save it, Moon Bat, Christmas recognizes Christ's birth. You can sit and post until New Years and it won't change a thing
New Years? What's that? It wouldn't be a holiday, would it?
Not a religious one..dumb ass
But it is why we say Happy HolidayS. Did you forget the topic of the OP, shortbus? :eusa_doh: BTW, if you're Catholic it is a religious holiday, Feast of the Circumcision. I could never wrap my mind around the words "feast" and "circumcision" in the same phrase, though!:puke:

Last edited:
This Happy Holidays v. Merry Christmas row is fabricated bullshit. I am willing to bet the farm that most Americans do not care and likely say both phrases.

Holiday does not mean religious. Nice try, but fail.

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

This thread is an epic fail.

Christmas IS a religious holiday. YOU have failed
No. You failed.

And Christmas is a religious holiday to some people, to others it is secular. So you fail again. Say Merry Christmas all you want. It won't bother me.

Save it, Moon Bat, Christmas recognizes Christ's birth. You can sit and post until New Years and it won't change a thing
So what? Many people ignore that part of Christmas and yet they celebrate it. It really, really bothers you that you can't force me to think the same way you think, doesn't it?

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

No. You failed.

And Christmas is a religious holiday to some people, to others it is secular. So you fail again. Say Merry Christmas all you want. It won't bother me.

So what? Many people ignore that part of Christmas and yet they celebrate it. It really, really bothers you that you can't force me to think the same way you think, doesn't it?

I could care less how or if you celebrate it, but it's a religious holiday. Now shoo

This Happy Holidays v. Merry Christmas row is fabricated bullshit. I am willing to bet the farm that most Americans do not care and likely say both phrases.

I say Merry Christmas and if someone doesn't like it that's too damn bad. They'll get over it

Are
Presidents Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Independence Day

religious?

That would be no.

No. You failed.

I could care less how or if you celebrate it, but it's a religious holiday. Now shoo
If some people celebrate it but it is not religious to them, then it is not only a religious holiday but also a secular holiday. Them's the facts. Facts don't shoo.

I say Merry Christmas and if someone doesn't like it that's too damn bad. They'll get over it

I said Merry Christmas to about two dozen people yesterday and not one person batted an eye-lash either way. I think most of this controversy exists the media and blogosphere.

I said Merry Christmas to about two dozen people yesterday and not one person batted an eye-lash either way. I think most of this controversy exists the media and blogosphere.

That and a few people who have too much time on their hands or have perpetual butt hurt about something. It's like these people moaning about athletes praying, get over it, it doesn't have any bearing on your pathetic life

No. You failed.

If some people celebrate it but it is not religious to them, then it is not only a religious holiday but also a secular holiday. Them's the facts. Facts don't shoo.

You're, as usual, becoming annoying. Believe what you want, I simply don't give a phuck

No. You failed.

You're, as usual, becoming annoying. Believe what you want, I simply don't give a phuck
Facts are annoying to those who want to believe falsehoods.

Why all the crying over Happy Holidays? No one's making you say it.

That and a few people who have too much time on their hands or have perpetual butt hurt about something. It's like these people moaning about athletes praying, get over it, it doesn't have any bearing on your pathetic life

I wish I was so bored I couldn't invite things to bitch about. lol

I hate the song "Happy Holidays" absolutely hate it. Incidentally, it's one of the most frequently used songs in commercials. That and the Twelve Days of Christmas. Mein Gott!

Liberals insist that we say happy holidays rather than merry Christmas. Do liberals understand that the word "holiday" was originally "holy day". So when they insist on Happy holidays they are really saying HAPPY HOLY DAYS. Happy holy days sounds kind of religious to me, how about you?

Just more proof that liberals are ignorant.
Wrong.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

Liberals 'insist' no such thing, this is just another ridiculous lie from the right.

'Happy Holidays' merely refers to all the holidays that occur this time of year, such as Christmas and New Years together.

The thread premise is as ignorant as it is idiotic.

I wish I was so bored I couldn't invite things to bitch about. lol
Most of the bitching in this topic is done by right wingers who are offended when someone says "happy holidays".

Forum List

Back