Happy dance for Romney!

Yup, Romney is well on his way to losing by Goldwater like proportions in November.

Considering how poorly your predictions have turned out so far, im surprised your still bold enough to make them. Kudos for that. Never stop trying.

Please point out where I've made a prediction that has been all that far off.

Thanks.

I mean, it's not like I've predicted we'd find folks dressed like Quakers on the Moon or anything.

Yup, Romney is well on his way to losing by Goldwater like proportions in November.

Considering how poorly your predictions have turned out so far, im surprised your still bold enough to make them. Kudos for that. Never stop trying.

Thanks.

I mean, it's not like I've predicted we'd find folks dressed like Quakers on the Moon or anything.

I don't know. Why don't we start with the "Romney will never break 25% support from Republicans"?

Thanks.

I don't know. Why don't we start with the "Romney will never break 25% support from Republicans"?

Well, except that isn't what I said, but I realize your comprehension level is kind of limited.

Being a Progressive, having Romney be the candidate is not desirable. He actually has a chance to give the President a run for the election. The others? Not so much.

Romney is McCain part II.

I think that's an insult to McCain.

McCain has his flaws. And he didn't run a good campaign.

But he served his country in Vietnam while Mitt Romney hid out doing "missionary" work in France.

McCain stuck by his principles, even when they were unpopular, while Romney is constantly checking with focus groups to see what he really thinks.

Romney isn't fit to carry the box where McCain keeps his medals.

Part of the problem might be with your definition of "real conservative". A lot of people who consider themselves conservatives are nowhere near as extreme as the conservatives who post on these boards. No Republican from Lincoln to Reagan would qualify as a conservative to some of the conservatives on these boards.

Extreme?

Being pro-life is extreme?

Opposing homosexual 'marriages' s extreme?

Not wanting more gun rstrictions is extreme?

I would take Linciln or Reagan over any of these guys running.

Which of those two supported abortion on demand?

Which supported Affirmative Action in principle?

Which saw American gun ownership as something to be run into the ground?

NONE OF THEM DID.

It's like people like you just make up some Candyland version of those two Presidents and the historical reality of who they were and what they did is just irrelevant to you.

Do you call yourself a consrevative?

I am not a consrevative on most international trade and labor issues, but I am on national security, small government and religious rights.

Which of those are extreme?

Your problem is that you buy all the bullshit attack ads Romney has put out and good conservatives with long records in themovement are being pushed aside for a liberal who 'converted' on almost every issue right about the time he decided to run for President.

The word gullible is simply insufficient.

Romney is McCain part II.

I think that's an insult to McCain.

McCain has his flaws. And he didn't run a good campaign.

But he served his country in Vietnam while Mitt Romney hid out doing "missionary" work in France.

McCain stuck by his principles, even when they were unpopular, while Romney is constantly checking with focus groups to see what he really thinks.

Romney isn't fit to carry the box where McCain keeps his medals.

McCains people specifically rejected Romney because h e caused them to lose the conservative base in almost every group.

Since then Romney has lied his ass off while his staff gives the true picture of his intent; raising taxes, consolidating Obamacare and restricting gun rights.

Thank you GOP; Lincoln is spinning in his grave right now.

Being a Progressive, having Romney be the candidate is not desirable. He actually has a chance to give the President a run for the election. The others? Not so much.

Bullshit.

There is no reason to believe that Romney has any more chance than Ford, Dole or McCain had. He is a moderate loser who will not get the conservative base to the polls in sufficient numbers to win.

And, unlike those men, he is a known liar and a closet leftist.

If Romney's the choosen one for November, I'll be voting in an independent party.

Gary Johnson looks pretty good for the LIbertarians right about now.

I am voting for Obama, screw a third party vote.

We cannot afford to let a megamaniac, lying cheat and amoral slime-ball like Romney get into theOval Office.

Well, I live in Illinois, and there isn't going to be scenario where Obama loses this state.

But voting for a third party will send a message that there were a lot of people the GOP could have had, but lost.

Didn't Romney supporters just tell us that it's an enormous character flaw to vote against your conscience and take one for the team ?

My conscience tells me not to vote for Romney.

Last edited:
I predicted he would win both States. I did think his home State would be a squeaker though.

Santorum probably shot himself in the foot with that robo crap.

The GOP is doing a good job of ensuring Barry Boy gets that 2nd term.

Jesus. These bozo's need to Quit taking shots at each other and go after Barry and his sucky record.

Of course whoever gets the nom will be going after Barry and boy do they have plenty of ammo.

Don't care what some may think.........all of the Republican candidates are waayyyyy more qualified to be President than the bozo we have there now.

A far right leaning conservative will never win the nomination. There are enough of us right leaning, fiscal conservative - social liberal leaning Republicans to expect our candidate to run our goverment, not party like it's 1969. Mitt Romney is no John McCain. McCain was sure being nice and doing the right thing was most important. At least Mitt has the resources and guts to call out Obama for what he really is, a Chicago punk with no idea what he's doing.

Last edited:
I predicted he would win both States. I did think his home State would be a squeaker though.

Jesus. These bozo's need to Quit taking shots at each other and go after Barry and his sucky record.

Of course whoever gets the nom will be going after Barry and boy do they have plenty of ammo.

NOt really. Obama's been an awful president, but here's what he can say.

He's steered the country past the worst of the Great Recession, unemployment is now lower than it was when he took office, the Stock Market has recovered, Bin Laden is dead, we are out of Iraq.

So what's Romney's argument? The best arguments that Romney could make are nullified by the fact he advocated the same things at some point.

But here's the thing. 45% will vote Republican, no matter what, 45% will vote democratic, no matter what, and 10% will vote for the guy they'd like to have a beer with.

And Romney doesn't even drink beer.

Part of the problem might be with your definition of "real conservative". A lot of people who consider themselves conservatives are nowhere near as extreme as the conservatives who post on these boards. No Republican from Lincoln to Reagan would qualify as a conservative to some of the conservatives on these boards.

I think it's hard to make an argument about what constitutes "conservative" at this point when you have Ann Coulter endorsing a mandate for insurance, but only if a State compells it and not the Feds.

My problem with Romney, (after his batshit crazy and evil religion), is that I have no idea what he believes.

He condemns Santorum for doing things he did. Like voting for the Earmarks for the 2002 Olympics he asked for. It's almost like that Simpsons episode where Mayor Quigly pardons Sideshow Bob, and Sideshow Bob condemns him for being soft on crime.

sideshow-bob.jpg

The hope of his supporters is that he can quickly dispense with Santorum so he can start "moving to the center" on issues.

If this sounds cynical and depressingly familiar to me, it's because we heard the same thing in 1996 with Bob Dole, who desperately wanted to move back to the center, realized the conservatives wouldn't go for it, and then picked Jack Kemp* as his running mate. It was John McCain wanted to dispose of Huckabee so he could move to the center, and then having to double back and pick up Palin to give Conservatives a reason to show up.

(*- Incidently, met Jack Kemp once in 2004, before he passed away. What a totally impressive guy.)

Kemp was a great guy.

NOt really. Obama's been an awful president, but here's what he can say.

He's steered the country past the worst of the Great Recession, unemployment is now lower than it was when he took office, the Stock Market has recovered, Bin Laden is dead, we are out of Iraq.

So what's Romney's argument? The best arguments that Romney could make are nullified by the fact he advocated the same things at some point.

But here's the thing. 45% will vote Republican, no matter what, 45% will vote democratic, no matter what, and 10% will vote for the guy they'd like to have a beer with.

And Romney doesn't even drink beer.

LOL You may be right Joe but man I wish the GOP would get its head out of its ass. They sure aren't helping themselves.

Wish Daniels had decided to run.

I wish he had as well, but look at why he choose not to run. Because he and his wife divorced for a while and then got back together, and he didn't want the press dragging their dirty laundry through the streets.

The depressing thing about this race is that there are probably some 50 million registered or committed Republicans, and these are the final four. Really? These are the best four we could come up with?

Forum List

Back