hanoi jane is back...

I'm surprised Hanoi Jane would lower herself to play Nancy Reagan.

That was my first thought too. But it is not as if roles are coming her way often now.... and money is money even if its playing someone you hate.

"Lower" herself?

Nancy Reagan is basically liked by everyone. I personally think she's an admirable woman.

I was just gonna say "lower" herself? She can't GET any lower. she's already way below sea level now.

I'm surprised Hanoi Jane would lower herself to play Nancy Reagan.

That was my first thought too. But it is not as if roles are coming her way often now.... and money is money even if its playing someone you hate.

Fonda is now a Christian; as for forgetting the past, no one forgets hers.
....Much like Nancy....the ol' string-puller.....

"We're doing everything we can."

(Nancy was helping the President answer a reporter's question while he paused in search of a good answer.)

106.gif

:eusa_whistle:

"Lower" herself?

Nancy Reagan is basically liked by everyone. I personally think she's an admirable woman.

I was just gonna say "lower" herself? She can't GET any lower. she's already way below sea level now.

she is a great actress though... people can change. but it would be theatre of the absurd and they're saying she might take the role just as pre publicity stunt.

really kathy griffin is going to play nancy. no lisa lampenelli, madonna... no al sharpton... how bout sean penn as nancy reagan... jane wyman... katie couric as nancy reagan... betty white... reverend wright... teny rezko or robert gibbs.... anderson cooper would do a fine job.. he's already "little gloria's" son.

Last edited:
The right wing is going to love this: Jane Fonda, whose outspoken opposition to the Vietnam War continues to enrage conservatives, will play former first lady Nancy Reagan in Lee Daniels' "The Butler."

"The Butler" is a sprawling historical drama that centers on Eugene Allen, a black man who worked as butler in the White House under eight presidents.

http://news.yahoo.com/jane-fonda-play-nancy-reagan-film-butler-174024478.html

I think she'll do a great job.

Doubt I'll watch it. Somehow I still haven't forgiven her for what she did to the POWs coming home after Vietnam. She's a big part of the reason our troops were treated so badly.

My dad thought, and I agree with him, that she should have been shot for treason.

I see that some here are still doing their part to keep the lies about Fonda in VN alive. That's a shame but the rw's do love to pick at their nonexistent wounds. Seems to me that's a lot like taking poison and expecting someone else to die.

Nancy pretty much ran a good part of her husband's presidency so I guess a big question is, will that get whitewashed? Or, will he be portryed honestly and accurately?

I see that some here are still doing their part to keep the lies about Fonda in VN alive. That's a shame but the rw's do love to pick at their nonexistent wounds. Seems to me that's a lot like taking poison and expecting someone else to die.

Nancy pretty much ran a good part of her husband's presidency so I guess a big question is, will that get whitewashed? Or, will he be portryed honestly and accurately?

What lies...you don't remember the picture of her with the Vietcong riding on that big gun????? How is that a lie?

What lies...you don't remember the picture of her with the Vietcong riding on that big gun????? How is that a lie?

Apparently a couple of parts of the story about her actions in Vietnam have been debunked, and so now Fonda defenders say that means she didn't do anything wrong at all.

Apparently a couple of parts of the story about her actions in Vietnam have been debunked, and so now Fonda defenders say that means she didn't do anything wrong at all.

Probably people where weren't around back then and didn't listen to her talk crap about the POWs when they were finally coming home.

She apologized. Cons like to say they don't listen to actors. WTF
She's a great actress ... Oscar winning.

She apologized. Cons like to say they don't listen to actors. WTF
She's a great actress ... Oscar winning.

Let's see. Hanoi Jane caused the POWs to be treated even worse and in effect she was treasonous in her behavior. She "apologized" and all is well? I see. Rush called somebody a name and you idiots will NEVER FORGET IT. that's all we hear is Rush this, Rush that. Ad nauseum.

Forum List

Back