Sandy and a family member

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
My step brother lived in Long Beach, NY, both his house and car were destroyed. He is living now in the dormitory of his daughter with the rest of his family.

I was looking at picures from Long Beach, it looks like the aftermath of a war zone in a third world country.

People were going through dumpsters of grocery stores for food.

The coastline itself shifted. Part of Long Beach is now part of the ocean.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lon...ZO4fC2wXA9oHYAg&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=1008&bih=585

Thank you. At least the house was a rental.

I wonder how he will find a new home?

There's a trailer in the driveway across the street that wasn't there a week ago, and the truck that pulled it has NY plates. Our neighbors' dad is visiting his grandkid for an indefinite period of time... and I'm guessing he'll stay until the mess is gone.

A lot of refugees moved here after Katrina. Many of them were easy to spot because they were black and had chips on their shoulders as big as Texas. They saw racism and discrimination around every corner, which was weird for the rest of us... I mean, if you have to wait in line, you have to wait in line, and nobody gets served any faster or slower based on skin color here. Is it really that different in the South?

Do you suppose there will be weirdnesses with the East Coasters, too?

Has anyone else got visitors from the East Coast staying with them or in their neighborhood?

-- Paravani

Forum List

Back