Obama's Records NOT 'SEALED'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Q: Are Obama’s early records “sealed”?

A: No. Many records that presidential candidates don’t ordinarily release do remain confidential, but they are not “sealed” by a court. The 16 claims in a widely distributed graphic are mostly false or distorted.

Obama_Sealed.png

FULL ANSWER

This is an example of mostly old baloney in a new casing. It mainly recycles years-old falsehoods and insinuations, most of which we covered long ago, in connection with an earlier viral email.

But with President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign heating up, this new graphic has appeared on countless anti-Obama websites and in viral emails like the one we’ve reprinted here. Very little that it contains is new, and the old falsehoods have not improved with age.

Nothing ‘Sealed’

The idea that any Obama record is “sealed” is a falsehood, to start. The word “sealed” when applied to documents ordinarily refers to records that would normally be public, but that a judge has ruled cannot be released without the court’s permission. Common examples of truly “sealed” documents include records of crimes committed as a juvenile or records of adoptions. None of the claims in this message refers to records actually “sealed” in that usual sense.

In some cases, the records this screed claims are “sealed” are actually public, and open for anyone to see. Other supposedly “sealed” records are normally private documents that Obama hasn’t released — and that other presidential candidates haven’t released either.

So as with earlier versions, this is little more than an attempt to raise suspicions by asking for records that aren’t ordinarily made public, without any evidence that those records contain anything derogatory. We’ll take the claims and questions in the order they appear.

MORE DETAILS: Obama's 'Sealed' Records

Why do people keep spreading these lies?

What I find fascinating by Birthers is the bizarre, and contradictory fantasies that they concoct.

On the one hand they will claim that Obama is the only President not to release his records(which of course is just the opposite of the truth)

And on the other hand they will create some rationalization about why they feel entitled to the college records of this specific President- and have never asked for or cared about the college records of any other President.

A: No. Many records that presidential candidates don’t ordinarily release do remain confidential, but they are not “sealed” by a court. The 16 claims in a widely distributed graphic are mostly false or distorted.

Obama_Sealed.png

I don't see in that graphic anywhere that "SEALED" means sealed by a court, where does it say that?

Kagan got SCOTUS in exchange for keeping Obama's records sealed.

The only time he attended law school was for the class picture. The only thing he ever signed was when he carved "BHO <3 Choom" into one of the desks

Last edited:

Obama_Sealed.png

I don't see in that graphic anywhere that "SEALED" means sealed by a court, where does it say that?

Try reading the DETAILS in the OP link.

On the one hand they will claim that Obama is the only President not to release his records

Who claimed that?

BTW, do you remember Democrats going bat shit over W releasing his records? Hypocrisy much?

Claudette for one.

BTW do you remember how Birthers(and you) have been going batshit for the last 7 years over Obama not releasing the very same records that they never cared about W or any other President or candidate releasing?

Hypocrisy much?

The only time he attended law school was for the class picture. The only thing he ever signed was when he carved "BHO & Choom" into one of the desks

Give us some "credible" proof of your claim.

The only time he attended law school was for the class picture. The only thing he ever signed was when he carved "BHO & Choom" into one of the desks

Like I said- Birthers- all they have are lies, speculation and innuendo- and they keep proving it with every post.

Obama_Sealed.png

I saw a bunch of arguments they were not sealed by a court, I saw no reference to anyone saying "sealed" referred to court sealed. That is the question. Who said that?

Obama_Sealed.png

I saw a bunch of arguments they were not sealed by a court, I saw no reference to anyone saying "sealed" referred to court sealed. That is the question. Who said that?

If a court didn't seal them - who did? Hint: They ain't sealed.

A rather simple solution is for Obama to release them to the press? Would not this simple act defuse the malicious rumors once and for all?

On the one hand they will claim that Obama is the only President not to release his records

Who claimed that?

BTW, do you remember Democrats going bat shit over W releasing his records? Hypocrisy much?

Claudette for one.

BTW do you remember how Birthers(and you) have been going batshit for the last 7 years over Obama not releasing the very same records that they never cared about W or any other President or candidate releasing?

Hypocrisy much?

Actually, I don't give a shit about what he released, never did. In fact, I've argued consistently he followed the rules as they were, so there is no issue.

I just like to mock him as the original birther that he is

Obama_Sealed.png

Begging the question. His schools for one. So no one said they were sealed by a court, you made that up. Your typical thread then.

A rather simple solution is for Obama to release them to the press? Would not this simple act defuse the malicious rumors once and for all?

Remember with W's military records how the left kept demanding that if W had nothing to hide he would release them and dispel all questions? A standard that changed for Obama ... and Kerry ... and Biden ...

What? Is Obama running again? I mean, I know he's permanently stuck in campaign mode, but this is ridiculous.

Obama_Sealed.png

Begging the question. His schools for one. So no one said they were sealed by a court, you made that up. Your typical thread then.

If I knew your real name and where you got your GED - could I get a copy of that certificate from the source?

Forum List

Back