Haiti Devastated by Quake.

Unbelievable...you guys are arguing over shit and people need our help. Put the bullshit aside on this thread please.
Actually, we are discussing the best way to help Haiti...or to not help them, depending.

Yes. This thread can be broken down in this manner:

a. those of us who want to help

b. those of us who want to use this to take political shots

c. those of us who are saying "tough titties" they need to help themselves, stupid Haitians

d. those of us appalled by "b" and "c"

A lot of them immigrated to the U.S. in the mid 70s and early 80s....don't you remember that one?

And they can't just walk across the border....just in case you didn't figure it out, they're on an island.

no shit sherlock hispanola.. isn't it?

You just don't get it, do you? :lol:

get what? that it's an island. no planes, no ships, no boats?? Is that what you mean they are trapped?

get what? that it's an island. no planes, no ships, no boats?? Is that what you mean they are trapped?
It costs money to immigrate. The majority of Haitians are extremely poor.

that's what I said.. the politics of the country has made them poor. prison destroyed prisoners are loose now.. very bad.
Yep...no regulation, no social services to fall back on...very sad.

I doubt loose prisoners are that big of a concern at the moment.

that's what I said.. the politics of the country has made them poor. prison destroyed prisoners are loose now.. very bad.
Yep...no regulation, no social services to fall back on...very sad.

I doubt loose prisoners are that big of a concern at the moment.

I think we have launched a contingency of Marines..

MW, you know I love ya but some things are just not political. They should not be made political. And I doubt anybody, anywhere is saying "Thank God" for this. Take it elsewhere, 'k?

Why make excuses for that asshole?

My middle daughter has spent her last two springbreaks in Haiti as a volunteer. She emailed me this morning and said the orphanage at Les Cayes (60 miles west of the quake) was okay. That is great news. Most construction is pretty poor. I expect huge loss of life.

The headline should read:

HELL ON EARTH suffers decline in quality of life from 7.0 earthquake.​

Obama will promise US aid so their quality of life is gonna increase thanks to our tax dollars.

Better in our own hemisphere than some middle eastern shit hole where they hate our guts.

You mean like the 05 earthquake that killed tens of thousands in Pakistan? Or the 04 tsunami that devastated islands in Indonesia? We sent aid to those people too.

And here...

BTW, this is a horrible tragedy. Those of us wishing to donate, let us look very carefully that our donations actually get to those in need. Unfortunately, the authorities in that place are known for lining their own pockets first. If anyone finds a good RELIABLE charity, I would appreciate it.
How to help relief efforts for Haiti - Haiti & Caribbean - MiamiHerald.com

Thank you..MSNBC had a spokesperson for the Salvation Army on just a few minutes ago....I have found them to be honest and reliable in the past.

That's true. They have huge teams of volunteers who are trained to mobilize quickly with food and clothing. Money donations should still go to reliable organizations like The Red Cross or UNICEF.

MW, you know I love ya but some things are just not political. They should not be made political. And I doubt anybody, anywhere is saying "Thank God" for this. Take it elsewhere, 'k?

You are far to kind to Mudwhistle. Anyone that politisizes this kind of tragedy is a damned asshole.

I imagine that as soon as facilities are operational to land and distribute aid, it will be coming in from all over the world, as it did in for Mexico City.

why? politics is what made these people so poor. Mudwhistle isn't an asshole. oh,, and just a reminder of how the demons politicized Katrina.. remember?

Nobody demonized anybody the first day after Katrina hit.

why? politics is what made these people so poor. Mudwhistle isn't an asshole. oh,, and just a reminder of how the demons politicized Katrina.. remember?

Really? Name the natural resources that Haiti has today. A nation's wealth is often measured by their natural resources that they have to trade with the world.

you mean nine million people are stupid enough to live in a place with zero natural resources and their government is just fine and dandy? is that what you just said?

Where are they supposed to go? To neighboring Dominican Republican which is also a dirt poor nation? Swim to Cuba?

Are you telling us you won't mind when refugees start arriving on our shores after this? Imagine that...

Unbelievable...you guys are arguing over shit and people need our help. Put the bullshit aside on this thread please.
Actually, we are discussing the best way to help Haiti...or to not help them, depending.

Yes. This thread can be broken down in this manner:

a. those of us who want to help

b. those of us who want to use this to take political shots

c. those of us who are saying "tough titties" they need to help themselves, stupid Haitians

d. those of us appalled by "b" and "c"

Remove the earthquake in Haiti from the equation and what else is new?

Yeah, you're right. Ma Nature has had it with stupid politics so decided to just annihilate as many Haitians as possible in one fell swoop to teach the dummies a lesson.

Why make excuses for that asshole?

Why go out of your way to call people assholes? Mudwhistle didn't come back and call ME an asshole for saying something, did he? Course not. So why start on him pages later?

And people wonder why you can't have a civil discussion on the board anymore. Honestly, if I didn't know better I'd swear I was in the Romper Room.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back