Haiti Devastated by Quake.

MW, you know I love ya but some things are just not political. They should not be made political. And I doubt anybody, anywhere is saying "Thank God" for this. Take it elsewhere, 'k?

You are far to kind to Mudwhistle. Anyone that politisizes this kind of tragedy is a damned asshole.

I imagine that as soon as facilities are operational to land and distribute aid, it will be coming in from all over the world, as it did in for Mexico City.

MW, you know I love ya but some things are just not political. They should not be made political. And I doubt anybody, anywhere is saying "Thank God" for this. Take it elsewhere, 'k?

You are far to kind to Mudwhistle. Anyone that politisizes this kind of tragedy is a damned asshole.

I imagine that as soon as facilities are operational to land and distribute aid, it will be coming in from all over the world, as it did in for Mexico City.

Reports are that the airport is operational, but without a tower or functioning radar. That means planes can land and take off but in very limited numbers.

This is going to be bad, and they're still getting >5.0 aftershocks. That's enough to topple more of these damages buildings and shift whatever habitable pockets may be in the rubble. The losses are going to be staggering, I for one don't begrudge them whatever help we can give them.

The headline should read:

HELL ON EARTH suffers decline in quality of life from 7.0 earthquake.​

Obama will promise US aid so their quality of life is gonna increase thanks to our tax dollars.

Better in our own hemisphere than some middle eastern shit hole where they hate our guts.

pssssst.. most of the people in our own hemispphere hate our guts, we've done so much for the rest of the world and still they hate our guts, give if you wish but don't expect gratitude.. that's the way I give.

why? politics is what made these people so poor. Mudwhistle isn't an asshole. oh,, and just a reminder of how the demons politicized Katrina.. remember?

Last edited:
I was watching a program the other day about Haiti detailing the growth of their fledgling textile industry and Bill Clinton's work as the UN economic adviser to Haiti.

Haiti was born through hundreds of rebellions that occurred throughout its slave era.
"...only the revolt on Saint Domingue, beginning in 1791, was successful in permanently abolishing slavery." (Sort of)

"The Haitian revolution is the only successful slave revolt in human history." (So far)
See: Wiki: Haitian Revolution

A successful slave revolt in 1804 did not go unnoticed in this country.
Particularly among rich, plantation owners in dixie.

The US, along with France and Canada, have missed few opportunities to torture Haiti in the two hundred years since.

In 1915, Democrat Woodrow Wilson dispatched marines to dissolve the Haitian National Assembly for refusing a US designed constitution that gave American corporations the "right" to buy up Haiti's land.

Thousands of Haitians died "by genuinely Marine Corp methods" in the words of Major Smedley Butler, commander of the marines.

Washington terror continued until 1990 when Haitians went to the polls and selected one of their own for president instead of World Bank official Marc Bazin, who received 14% of the vote.

Republican president Bush the Elder immediately increased aid for "democracy promotion" aimed at anti-government, pro-business factions in Haiti, and within months, a military coup removed the Haitian threat to democracy.
See: Noam Chomsky "Failed States" pp. 153-54

Dear Leader (DC version) sends his "thoughts and prayers" to the people of Haiti.
No doubt equally venal and corrupt Republicans are polishing their platitudes and lies.

In fact nature's contribution to Haitian misery is dwarfed by what Republicans and Democrats have visited on that island.

God, rest the souls of the dead.

I have made a donation of $100.00 to CARE specifically for the earthquake relief effort. Haiti is one pretty impoverished country and they need our help.

why? politics is what made these people so poor. Mudwhistle isn't an asshole. oh,, and just a reminder of how the demons politicized Katrina.. remember?

Really? Name the natural resources that Haiti has today. A nation's wealth is often measured by their natural resources that they have to trade with the world.

Really? Name the natural resources that Haiti has today. A nation's wealth is often measured by their natural resources that they have to trade with the world.

you mean nine million people are stupid enough to live in a place with zero natural resources and their government is just fine and dandy? is that what you just said?

you mean nine million people are stupid enough to live in a place with zero natural resources and their government is just fine and dandy? is that what you just said?
Don't you mean they were stupid enough to be born there?

lots of people are born in lots of places,, ever hear of "immigration"?

Where? Lots of them try to immigrate and are turned down...though this may make the US give them hardship waivers.

A lot of them immigrated to the U.S. in the mid 70s and early 80s....don't you remember that one?

And they can't just walk across the border....just in case you didn't figure it out, they're on an island.

Willowranch,

if you care so much do something instead of insulting a former Priest of the Roman Catholic Church. You, like your bretheren Conservatives, are a hypocrit.

A lot of them immigrated to the U.S. in the mid 70s and early 80s....don't you remember that one?

And they can't just walk across the border....just in case you didn't figure it out, they're on an island.

no shit sherlock hispanola.. isn't it?

Forum List

Back