Haiti Devastated by Quake.

I would recommend CARE as Red Cross operational money is about 20% of the donation whereas CARE is only 10%.

UNICEF is a UN program that it seems has siphoned money to terrorist organisations.

Most of these charitable groups only spend 20% of what they get on disaster victims. The rest goes to pay their administration expenses.....which is their salaries, setting up their operations, paperwork, traveling expenses, paying for armed guards in these countries they're trying to help, rental of the secure compounds they occupy, and so-on.

The UN is totally corrupt!

They have defunded all of the internal investigations into the massive amount of fraud that is part of daily UN operations. Anyone who has any respect for or advocates the UN as any kind of credible institution is a goddam idiot.

which is why i'm going to use this one to contribute to:

2i1k3sg.gif

110% ?

That last number is 0.6% go to website.

How effective is their delivery time though...some aid organizations are able to get priority when their supplies arrive at the airport as far as customs.

Thanks for helping out Annie.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

http://american.redcross.org/site/RedirectHandler?key=HaitiRelief

:)

peace...

This is kind of cool. Hopefully it will bring about a little softening of criticism for these 2 for awhile:

According to multiple sources, Obama last night called George W. Bush and formally asked him to participate, along with Bill Clinton, in humanitarian relief efforts for Haiti -- in the same vein that Bush's father and Clinton did following the tsunami disaster in Southeast Asia. Bush 43 said he was ready to do whatever was necessary. A formal rollout of the Clinton/Bush 43-led relief effort will take place as early as tomorrow afternoon, but possibly not until the weekend, as the administration doesn't want to take any attention away in the next 24 hours from search and rescue efforts. For Bush 43, this is his first real public effort since he left office; it's an opportunity to begin establishing his post-presidential legacy, especially on an issue like disaster relief, which remains a scar on his presidency.

First Read - msnbc.com

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

http://american.redcross.org/site/RedirectHandler?key=HaitiRelief

peace...

That's one hell of a tramp stamp in your avatar!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
This is kind of cool. Hopefully it will bring about a little softening of criticism for these 2 for awhile:

According to multiple sources, Obama last night called George W. Bush and formally asked him to participate, along with Bill Clinton, in humanitarian relief efforts for Haiti -- in the same vein that Bush's father and Clinton did following the tsunami disaster in Southeast Asia. Bush 43 said he was ready to do whatever was necessary. A formal rollout of the Clinton/Bush 43-led relief effort will take place as early as tomorrow afternoon, but possibly not until the weekend, as the administration doesn't want to take any attention away in the next 24 hours from search and rescue efforts. For Bush 43, this is his first real public effort since he left office; it's an opportunity to begin establishing his post-presidential legacy, especially on an issue like disaster relief, which remains a scar on his presidency.

First Read - msnbc.com

Good post. I like the idea of Clinton and Bush 43 working on this.

First Read - msnbc.com

Good post. I like the idea of Clinton and Bush 43 working on this.

They will end up at the end of a Wild Turkey Bottle and (2) Hookers... ;)

peace...

Obama is about to speak on it.

How long did it take for him to speak publicly on the Ft Hood massacre?

Here it is, folks. Didn't take long.
Yup....didn't take him long when the right kind of people are involved.
He's just like Ole Faithful. Predictable as hell.

He goes in front of the cameras within hours when he cares about the issue....but when he doesn't....like a massacre on an Army post ....acts of terrorism...Iranian protesters being murdered.....it takes him awhile....even days. "Let's hit another bucket of balls...."

Sorry if you don't like that observation...but that's the way Obama is.

If he gets a chance to act like a savior to the impoverished or the downtrodden he's on it like stink on shit.

It's easy to talk in front of a camera with a teleprompter.....but how much good is Obama planning on doing and is he gonna use this crisis to raise our taxes.....or ask for donations that he has no intention on using for the relief effort.

Lot of people looked at the White House site Obama mentioned and discovered it doesn't tell them much. Just send money. If you can't trust Obama why would anyone trust his promise that the donation will even go where he says it will?

Still at it, eh? And your 'pal' wondered why I called you an asshole. Well that's it for me, folks. Assholes like Mudslinger will always do their damndest to derail a serious conversation with their bullshit. And I was looking forward to reading the latest comments. Too bad. The proverbial Bad Apple has spoiled the whole barrel.

When you see his posts, just read between the lines at what he is saying: I hate Obama.

That way you can skip right over them.

Still at it, eh? And your 'pal' wondered why I called you an asshole. Well that's it for me, folks. Assholes like Mudslinger will always do their damndest to derail a serious conversation with their bullshit. And I was looking forward to reading the latest comments. Too bad. The proverbial Bad Apple has spoiled the whole barrel.

For Example:

When you see his posts, just read between the lines at what he is saying: I hate Obama.

That way you can skip right over them.

:rofl:

peace...

First Read - msnbc.com

This is a very cool thing.

BTW...I would like to give a shout out to my old platform, the C-130, doing its part to help the poor people of Haiti! :clap2:

Where? Lots of them try to immigrate and are turned down...though this may make the US give them hardship waivers.

so the USA is the ONLY place in the whole world to immigrate too? Were they a French colony at one time?

Most of them are children from people who were slaves brought over 400 years ago. They could always walk over the mountains to the Dominican Republic but most of them are kept in the dark because of the dictatorships that have ruled their country. They just wait around for foreign aid. A perfect welfare state. Democrats must love Haiti.

How absolutely idiotic. First, the Dominican Republic has it's own problems without 10 million refugees pouring into their nation, and there is considerable hate and racism towards Haiti and Haitians in the Dominican Republic that has existed since the Haitian revolution. The Dominican Republic will not welcome my people, and NO my people do not need to be a landless immigrants searching for a "new homeland" amongst their neighbors.

Haiti is the land of Haitians, it is a land they faught and died for in their revolution. They're not giving it up. It is not neccesarily the land but a lack of innovation and a lack of education that's missing in their nation. They've been choked by debt and disaster after disaster. This is the time that the international community needs to focus on relieving foreign debt on Haiti and beginning to help in recovery efforts. When I see this I'll believe that the international community is serious about helping Haitian people.

:rolleyes: on asartis and dharma for complaining about political comments and then making some of their own.
I don't think I politicized the catastrophe...I pointed to some mistakes, poor logic and poor breeding of others that did...and urged people not to contribute to the corrupt UN or UNICEF. (Remember the oil for food program?)

I heard on the radio this morning that there may have been as many as 500,000 people killed. That is horrendous. They haven't enough body bags to keep the stench of rotting flesh down. Truly, we should all help with recovery and rebuilding of lives.

First Read - msnbc.com

This is a very cool thing.

BTW...I would like to give a shout out to my old platform, the C-130, doing its part to help the poor people of Haiti! :clap2:

Kind of like the old C-47, just keeps going and going.

First Read - msnbc.com

Obama is just trying to get rid of Bubba and set Bush up for the murder.

Forum List

Back