Gym Bans Police and Military from Joining

Isn't freedom and liberty grand? The free market will decide if this business practice will be rewarded or not.

Isn't freedom and liberty grand? The free market will decide if this business practice will be rewarded or not.
Bake me a dang Gay wedding cake....................

Perhaps the Police and Military should sue them......................works for others.

Perhaps the Police and Military should sue them......................works for others.

I think "military status" is a considered a protected class in some states. Depending on Georgia's state public accommodation law they actually could sue. I think it's a stupid practice, but it's their shitty business. Should they be forced to admit these people aganist their wishes?

My guess is the gym is doing a spanking steroid business.

They should know, cops take steroids too.

I think "military status" is a considered a protected class in some states. Depending on Georgia's state public accommodation law they actually could sue. I think it's a stupid practice, but it's their shitty business. Should they be forced to admit these people aganist their wishes?
Was using Sarcasm...............should very religious christian bakers be forced to bake gay wedding cakes....................What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Personally, I agree with you and wish all these stupid lawsuits would end and respect the rights of others.

Looks like a "safe space" for a robbery.

And you know what ... police will respond there when there's trouble. It's just what we do.

Yep. And they would protect the owner if need be.
The owner said he wouldn't accept it without a warrant:
Atlanta gym owner makes no apologies for 'No Cops' sign
The Atlanta Police Department would not comment on the policy, but told 11Alive News, "Were we to respond to an emergency there, this sign would not stop us from lawfully doing our job."

"If they have a warrant, they can go anywhere they want, but we're not breaking the law," Chambers said.

The question now is what happens if Chambers or anyone inside the gym needs the police.

Chambers says they never have, and won't ever need the help of officers. He says he plans to put the 'No Cop' sign back up without the foul language.

Lawyers we talked with found the policy strange, but said because law enforcement officers are not a protected class under the law, only the courts can decide if EAV Barbell Club is violating any anti-discrimination laws.

Forum List

Back