GUNS must GO

To those of you who continually attack the thought of repealing the 2nd Amendment. What if it were your child that was gunned down by somebody exercising his or her "right to bear arms"?

To those of you who continually attack the thought of repealing the 2nd Amendment. What if it were your child that was gunned down by somebody exercising his or her "right to bear arms"?

The same way I'd feel when I had a child ran over ,pissed,hurt and angry but I wouldn't want to ban Ford Motor Co.:cuckoo:

I doubt a woman like you has children.

Never claimed I did ... as a matter of fact I have said many times that I don't and since I also admit to hating sex, I won't ever.

Still, you can't deny logic, though you try. If no one legally has guns, the criminals will still get them, no matter what. Stealing from the legal sources (police and military) or having them smuggled into the country (like drugs and sex slaves). If no one legally has one they won't fear using them at all, since we know that even not knowing whether someone has a gun hasn't stopped them all it has kept them in check a little (of course we have so few in legal citizens hands and the criminals know this). Whenever the number of legalized gun ownerships falls, the number of crimes committed with illegal guns rises. However, the number of accidents with guns rarely changes. These are facts, the logic is that if there were more armed citizens then fewer criminals (those who actually want to survive) would be willing to take the chances of pulling a gun out simply for fear that anyone could just pull out a gun, if not everyone, to stop them. However, knowing that there are no guns except in the hands of police, they have until they hear the sirens to kill as many as they want.

I think the downfall of Germany in WW2 was Hitler himself.

The guy was an idiot when it came to military strategy.
First he didn't neutralize Britian before he attacked Russia which was a huge mistake cause he then forced himself into a 2 front war. he would have had better success completely surrounding them and starving them out then he did by the assault. He got to far ahead to survive the Russian winter offensive, which he failed to supply his troops properly for the winter.

Luftwaffe was cleary outmatched and out skilled by the Royal Air Force...the spit fires and hurricanes were able to turn inside on the Luftwaffe BF-109's with ease

The RAF had several force multipliers, the most important of which was radar. The official British term for it was "RDF," for radio direction finding, before a changeover in 1943 to match the American usage of "radar." Britain had no monopoly. The German Navy made limited use of radar. However, the incompetent Udet had rejected radar for the Luftwaffe in 1938 because it did not fit with his notions of air combat.

And Mustangs were probably the most dominant fighter in the war.

Elvis,

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours. I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we Feel your Pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way, which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

All the Best,
Yukon
yukon a question......what the hell has Canada ever invented or improved upon,that has actually helped the world....name 10 things.....

Beer doesn't help the world?

ok thats one....

Switzerland has more guns per capita than we do, guess what their crime rate is that involves guns.

Regardless ... Switzerland is not the US. Sorry, I don't like comparisons with other countries because they don't think like we do. If you gather all the info from all the countries you will actually prove that there is no connection between legal gun ownership and the crime rate involving guns.

I read somewhere recently (I think it was Colombia, but I'm not certain) that to get rid of the gangs that were terrorizing the villages the government started handing out guns! And it works!!
I've been advocating for that for years. I've been in too many third world countries where entire towns are held hostage to a hand full of gunmen who take and do whatever pleases them because they have the guns. One gun in the hands of the right person could tip the balance and allow the people to live as most people wish to live..freely. Guns in the hands of everyone makes it impossible for it to be any other way.
Guns don't kill people. It's a cliche, I know, but it's true. I grew up with guns and nobody ever any of the problems everyone screams about these days. I got my first gun when I was 10 and I never had any desire to shoot anyone, or myself and I certainly knew how to unload it before I ever cleaned it or took it out of it's case.
Anyone who thinks that people behave because it's the right thing to do, is living in a dream land.

how eloquent and creative

indeed! Now, ask me how much I give a fuck about your concern regarding my posts... you can DO EEET! I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with "Bon't Live A Fruck".

:eusa_angel:

i could care less. i just don't want to be allied with you and your stupidity.

a law abiding gun owner would not do that......but a criminal would....committing murder kinda negates the right to bear arms moron.....geezus you are dense......

Switzerland has more guns per capita than we do, guess what their crime rate is that involves guns.

Regardless ... Switzerland is not the US. Sorry, I don't like comparisons with other countries because they don't think like we do. If you gather all the info from all the countries you will actually prove that there is no connection between legal gun ownership and the crime rate involving guns.

I don't like comparing either to be honest, we see it with healthcare as well as guns among other issues however my point was Switzerland has a very low crime rate related to guns yet liberals never mention them, it's always Canada,England or some other country.

I don't like comparing either to be honest, we see it with healthcare as well as guns among other issues however my point was Switzerland has a very low crime rate related to guns yet liberals never mention them, it's always Canada,England or some other country.

Here's something to use against those who try to use England as an example.

The reason their criminals don't want to use guns often is because "there is no where to run". They just can't escape from their police and using a gun will ensure they are hunted down. So because their country is so small the criminals would rather not use the guns, thus not making them the #1 on their list and giving them a better chance of getting away.

It's time that Americans woke up, smelled the coffee and too their collective heads out of the sad. Be smart, be modern, wake up and REPEAL the 2ND AMENDMENT

The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths (murders, suicides and accidents) among the world's 36 richest nations!!

* 2,827 children and teens died as a result of gun violence in 2003 (more than the number of American fighting men killed in hostile action in Iraq from 2003 to April 2006)

Americans value their constitution and the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment deals with the right to bear arms. Here is the price that ordinary Americans are paying for the privilege

* 8 children a day die in murders, suicides and accidents involving guns

* since John F. Kennedy was assinated more Americans have died from gunshot wounds at home than died in all the wars of the 20th century

* Osama bin Laden would need at least nine twin towers like attacks each year to equal what Americans do to themselves every year with guns.

* Murder rates in LA, NY and Chigago were approaching the hightest in the world (30 per 100,000) until moves were made in late 20th century to restrict access to guns to teenagers and the NRA wants these moves reversed.

If Osama bin Laden had had more sense, instead of launching a terrorist attack, he would simply have provided financial backing to the NRA!

I love that you quote numbers from LA, NY, and chi-town, how many of these guns, were owned LEGALY? the fact is that yes, we as americans, love our guns. but the vast majority of us own our fire-arms per the laws of our localities. so why don't you go piss up a rope. The fact is our founders made sure we could defend ourselfs from being subjects. ya know why Osama dose not try a frontal assualt in our country? cause the fact is the vets and the rednecks and every other liberty loving american would gather up what they had as far as boom sticks and go to work. oh, did Shooter just say that? yeah, he did, I know it would be the Gunnys and a lot of others on this site that would be out doing work to defend our nation. look Canada boy, no one wants the opinion of a guy who's greatest national treasure is a screwed up version of bacon. you judge us, well how about starting with explaining Bryan Adams? we can talk after that.
We as Americans love our guns, they go boom and we like that. they also put meat on the table and bad guys in the ground. oh, and when the wolf comes to your door, don't ask why the americans didn't do anything. we have enough 'slims' up north, who cares if they over run your country? while we are at it.... have you ever had to defend something that some one would kill you for? yeah, didn't think so, you need guns to do that. stay out of our laws and we will stop correcting you when you call ham, bacon.

Comparing deaths resulting from the use of a gun to those resulting from car accidents is the last refuge of the gold-tooth, beer-belly, pick up truck driving, baseball cap wearing, member of the right wing conservative lunatic fringe groups that are destroying the USA. If that's the best you can do sonny than I suggest you continue to support the NRA because thay are the only wack-jobs who will tolerate your insane points of view.

What the hell are you talking about? It makes perfect sense to compare the two.

Both are inanimate objects without the use of humans.

You can load a gun, chamber a round, and set it on the counter, and it will never fire without human control.

You can put the keys in the ignition, turn the car on, but it'll never go anywhere or do anything until a human jumps behind the wheel.

You can set a sharpened knife on the counter, and it won't do anything until someone grabs it.

Get the picture? More people die from automobile accidents than firearms. Simple as that.

And as far as the constution goes, why do retards constantly cling to the other nine amendments as if they are unchangeable and everyone's inalieable rights, but then treat the frickin 2nd Amendment (in the Bill of RIGHTS) as if it's somehow different and subject for change. I wonder how many crimes (even firearm) started out as a verbal confrontation by two people exercising their 1st Amendment freedom of speech. *Under the same logic, we should ban the freedom of speech, because it causes arguements, leading to physical altercations, domestic violence, gang warfare, and fatalities. So really, the freedom of speech can lead to firearm deaths.

I wonder how many little girls have been raped and married off because of the 1st Amendment freedom of religion?? Maybe we should ban that too?

Comparing deaths resulting from the use of a gun to those resulting from car accidents is the last refuge of the gold-tooth, beer-belly, pick up truck driving, baseball cap wearing, member of the right wing conservative lunatic fringe groups that are destroying the USA. If that's the best you can do sonny than I suggest you continue to support the NRA because thay are the only wack-jobs who will tolerate your insane points of view.

Really? This is all you have?

Yawn.

And thank you Brian...you said many of the things I was going to.

I have a 9mm sitting on my desk right now. I'm not worried about it jumping up and shooting me. I have several cars sitting in my garage right now and I doubt they are going to kill someone in the next 15 minutes.

Oh yeah...and knife in my closet dresser. I took it out of my pocket tonight and it didn't attack me.

And a question for you. You are home with your family when a bad guy breaks through your front door. He stands in front of all of you pointing the gun at your child. Let's say your dog jumps on him and the gun flies out of his hand onto your lap.

You now have the gun. The bad guy starts moving to grab your daughter.

What do you do?

It's time that Americans woke up, smelled the coffee and too their collective heads out of the sad. Be smart, be modern, wake up and REPEAL the 2ND AMENDMENT

The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths (murders, suicides and accidents) among the world's 36 richest nations!!

* 2,827 children and teens died as a result of gun violence in 2003 (more than the number of American fighting men killed in hostile action in Iraq from 2003 to April 2006)

Americans value their constitution and the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment deals with the right to bear arms. Here is the price that ordinary Americans are paying for the privilege

* 8 children a day die in murders, suicides and accidents involving guns

* since John F. Kennedy was assinated more Americans have died from gunshot wounds at home than died in all the wars of the 20th century

* Osama bin Laden would need at least nine twin towers like attacks each year to equal what Americans do to themselves every year with guns.

* Murder rates in LA, NY and Chigago were approaching the hightest in the world (30 per 100,000) until moves were made in late 20th century to restrict access to guns to teenagers and the NRA wants these moves reversed.

If Osama bin Laden had had more sense, instead of launching a terrorist attack, he would simply have provided financial backing to the NRA!

Come get them ...

IF ONLY JOHN HAD LISTENED TO HIS OWN ADVICE AND BEEN PACKING AND WEARING A VEST HE MIGHT STILL BE WITH US

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE2Vdcv9Q_o&feature=PlayList&p=B1431A837B3E26DE&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - Happiness is a Warm Gun - John Lennon [Beatles][/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back