Gun Ownership / Laws Discussion & Debate

to me, an assault weapon is one that is designed for military use that has the capability of switching from semi-automatic use to fully automatic.

It is defined by Websters as any fully or semi automatic weapon. The term came in to existence in 1973. Even my Remington 30-06 is an assault weapon by definition.

But moving on to full automatics, the avg cost in 10k. Discrimination against those who can not afford them.

However the U.S. military defines and asault weapon as
"Assault rifles are short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."
http://031d26d.namesecurehost.com/gunfax//fstcp67.jpg

GunFax.com - the unofficial Calico fan site and Rockin' Rimfires

Ok... I bolded my definition and the military's... what the fuck's the difference? Oh... sorry I forgot to use the word short, compact. fuck off you jerk.

SO IS THIS AN ASSAULT WEAPON?

SKS%20T6%20Lower%20Rail%20BK.jpg

how about some tech specs... pictures ain't gonna cut it. Might with an idiot, not with me.

yada yada yada
you wrote all that without answering the question simple yes it is or no it isn't an assault weapon would have done. If you know firearms you should be able to reconize this firearm pretty easaly.

By definition yes. Its an SKS 59

SO IS THIS AN ASSAULT WEAPON?

SKS%20T6%20Lower%20Rail%20BK.jpg

how about some tech specs... pictures ain't gonna cut it. Might with an idiot, not with me.

yada yada yada
you wrote all that without answering the question simple yes it is or no it isn't an assault weapon would have done. If you know firearms you should be able to reconize this firearm pretty easaly.

Really? Well, it could be a modified AR15... I don't know. you can dress up anything and make it look tough, that doesn't mean it is.

It is defined by Websters as any fully or semi automatic weapon. The term came in to existence in 1973. Even my Remington 30-06 is an assault weapon by definition.

But moving on to full automatics, the avg cost in 10k. Discrimination against those who can not afford them.

However the U.S. military defines and asault weapon as
"Assault rifles are short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."
http://031d26d.namesecurehost.com/gunfax//fstcp67.jpg

Ok... I bolded my definition and the military's... what the fuck's the difference? Oh... sorry I forgot to use the word short, compact. fuck off you jerk.

maybe you didn't notice but my comment was directed to Full auto. not you.

Ok... sorry I take back the fuck off you jerk.... ya jerk. :)

By military definition it is not. However there are conversions as you know. But for the lazy A penny will do. I own several. One of my favorite plinking rifles.

yada yada yada

Really? Well, it could be a modified AR15... I don't know. you can dress up anything and make it look tough, that doesn't mean it is.

You cannot dress this weapon up to look like anything but what it is. Look at the gas cylinder and the front sight shoul;d be a dead give away.

By military definition it is not. However there are conversions as you know. But for the lazy A penny will do. I own several. One of my favorite plinking rifles.

I posted the link with the military definition
The "Official" US Army Definition

WHICH DISQUALIFIES THE SKS AS IT IS NOT SELECTIVE FIRE. It was the bayonet placement that gave it away for me. But I am not always correct in Identification. Was I here?

For those of you who do not like or want guns that's good. For those of you that like to have guns that's good too.

The argument is really about what type of guns should be allowed and the level of enforcement to protect all of us from the abuse or misuse of gun possession. Please be aware of the clear difference between possession and ownership.

This is where our debate should be but like so many other issues nobody in leadership defines the debate and none of the lawmakers show any inclination to adhere to a defined debate.

It's always one or the other, conservative or liberal, urban or rural, black or white, never just Americans.

yada yada yada

You cannot dress this weapon up to look like anything but what it is. Look at the gas cylinder and the front sight shoul;d be a dead give away.

look dude. I own the following...

a 1982 .270 caliber Remington 7600
a single barrel Winchester 20 gauge shotgun(my first gun)
a Marlin 30/30
a Remington 870 12 gauge express
a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44
a marlin 39A .22
a Mauser HSc German WWII Pistol that I inherited from my dad.. coolest thing i have.
and my most recent purchase was a Taurus Judge.

I haven't been in the military since the early 80's and haven't kept up with that side of the Arms market.. not interested. Just because I am familiar with how weapons work, doesn't mean I can ID every weapon.... I mean we're not all fanatics. I could put a picture up of an acoustic guitar and have the headstock covered and ask you to ID it, but I doubt you could.

WHICH DISQUALIFIES THE SKS AS IT IS NOT SELECTIVE FIRE. It was the bayonet placement that gave it away for me. But I am not always correct in Identification. Was I here?

oh you're right it's an SKS M45

But why was it placed on clintons ban?

a Marlin 30/30
a marlin 39A .22
a Mauser HSc German WWII Pistol that I inherited from my dad.. coolest thing i have.

I haven't been in the military since the early 80's and haven't kept up with that side of the Arms market.. not interested. Just because I am familiar with how weapons work, doesn't mean I can ID every weapon.... I mean we're not all fanatics. I could put a picture up of an acoustic guitar and have the headstock covered and ask you to ID it, but I doubt you could.

Fair enough but I would like to see a pic of your Ruger Super Blackhawk 44

oh you're right it's an SKS M45

But why was it placed on clintons ban?

M45 that explains it. The difference in barrels Got to run. KEEP THERE HEADS DOWN.

Sam Colt may have made us equal butt...

Ruger's Bisley made us better than that.

300 grain Corbon 45 colt rounds rule btw.

:eusa_angel:

Hey... Sorry I'm late to the party. I am fine with sporting weapons and handguns.

But I feel that for Assault weapons, Automatic weapons, and military grade weaponry(RPG's, etc), the individual wanting to purchase such items should have to have a special license to do so. The requirements of that special license would entail stricter guidelines than what is required for a regular weapon. It should include psychiatric evaluations and and extensive background check.

I just don't understand the lefts obsession with "assault weapons".

You are obviously familiar with firearms.

So you know that a so called "assault weapon" operates no differently than a semi-automatic handgun.

So why would you approve of one, but oppose the other?

[youtube]YjM9fcEzSJ0[/youtube]

Hey... Sorry I'm late to the party. I am fine with sporting weapons and handguns.

But I feel that for Assault weapons, Automatic weapons, and military grade weaponry(RPG's, etc), the individual wanting to purchase such items should have to have a special license to do so. The requirements of that special license would entail stricter guidelines than what is required for a regular weapon. It should include psychiatric evaluations and and extensive background check.

I just don't understand the lefts obsession with "assault weapons".

You are obviously familiar with firearms.

So you know that a so called "assault weapon" operates no differently than a semi-automatic handgun.

So why would you approve of one, but oppose the other?

[youtube]YjM9fcEzSJ0[/youtube]

Calm down Steelplate is one of us, he just doesn't realize it yet.:lol:
No one can have that many firearms and not be willing to defend them

a Marlin 30/30
a marlin 39A .22

Why? it's a typical blued barrel 7 1/2" barrel Super Blackhawk... .44 caliber.. oh wait.. did I forget to add the magnum or something? It ain't nothing special...just a single action revolver.

For those of you who do not like or want guns that's good. For those of you that like to have guns that's good too.

The argument is really about what type of guns should be allowed and the level of enforcement to protect all of us from the abuse or misuse of gun possession. Please be aware of the clear difference between possession and ownership.

This is where our debate should be but like so many other issues nobody in leadership defines the debate and none of the lawmakers show any inclination to adhere to a defined debate.

It's always one or the other, conservative or liberal, urban or rural, black or white, never just Americans.

TWO Superme Court rulings have already desided that. One was made in 1939 and the other was made in 1980 lewis vs. U.S. being the last miller vs. U.S. being the first

a Marlin 30/30
a marlin 39A .22

Why? it's a typical blued barrel 7 1/2" barrel Super Blackhawk... .44 caliber.. oh wait.. did I forget to add the magnum or something? It ain't nothing special...just a single action revolver.

I have this love affair with revolvers. I just thought you would like to show yours off.

Forum List

Back