Perry's Announcement- no wonder the Obamabots are scared!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeB131, Aug 13, 2011.

1. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,091
    Here are some excerpts from Governor Perry's announcement today.

Rick Perry for President | Why I’m Running

"What I learned in my 20’s traveling the globe as an Air Force pilot, our current president has yet to acknowledge in his 50’s – that we are the most exceptional nation on the face of the earth.

"As Americans, we believe freedom is a gift from God, and government’s prime function is to defend it. We don’t see the role of government as a nanny state, and we recognize there is no government money that wasn’t once earned through the sweat and toil of private citizens.

The change we seek will never emanate out of Washington…it must come from the windswept prairies of Middle America…the farms and factories across this great land…the hearts and minds of God-fearing Americans who will not accept a future that is less than our past…who will not be consigned a fate of less freedom in exchange for more government.

It is up to us…to this present generation of Americans…to take a stand for freedom…to send a signal to Washington that we are taking the country back from the grips of central planners who would control our healthcare, spend our treasure and micro-manage our businesses.

My mission as your president will be to get America working again!

With God’s help, and your courage, we will take our country back."

Yup, this is the guy!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I thought we would have learned our lesson that talk is cheap after watching Obama in action.

3. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,091
    Unlike the Community Organizer, Gov. Perry has a record to run on.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Like balancing the Texas budget through accounting measures and conveniently kicking the can to 2013.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Yes--He has done a magnificent job stopping illegal aliens from coming to Texas.

NOT

6. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Good luck with this bush wanna. LOL The country is made up of some idiots, but not enough to elect another bush into office. Not this soon.

7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,091
    Do you really think this whole "Texas = Mordor" strategy is going to work for you guys?

At this point, Bush ain't looking too bad. I'd much rather have his term average 5% unemployment to the Community Organizers term average of 9%.

I'd rather have Bush's 150 billion dollar deficits than Obama's 1.4 TRILLION ones.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Romney and Perry are the same person aren't they ? I can't tell one clone from the other.

9. toxicmedia

toxicmedia Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    What is the Republican fascination with thinking Democrats are scared. When I criticize politicians...and keep in mind I'm an Independent fiscal conservative and social Libertarian...I never criticize people because I'm afraid of them. Fear never has anything to do with it.

When Dems and Independents criticize Palin, Bachmann, Perry, or people like Angle and O'Donnell...they don't sound afraid to me. They seem joyous about the fact that these people consistantly embarras themselves and the GOP...or they're happy because a politican has a lot of weaknesses like Perry.

One study I saw, and I take these with a grain of salt, showed that Liberals were better at negotiating complex issues, and Conservatives were better at identifying threats. It's natural for people to think others share their traits, so I guess I'm not surprised that conservatives think liberals are afraid when they criticize, because conservatives are afraid when they criticize.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,732
    Clinton handed Bush a steady 3.9% UE rate and Bush handed Obama a 7.6% UE rate that was skyrocketing to over 8% before the stumulus bill was signed and over 10% before the first stimulus dollar was spent.
    Bush raised the debt $6 trillion in 8 fiscal years, which averages $750 billion in borrowing per year. But with GOP fuzzy math accounting that comes to 5% UE and $150 billion deficits. :eusa_liar:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011