Gun Owners Buy 14 Million + Guns in 2009. More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies.

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, “No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:
35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.

b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.
Obama’s campaign said, “Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn’t reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn’t reflect his views.”
Source: FactCheck.org analysis of 2008 Philadelphia primary debate Apr 16, 2008

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, “No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

Obama’s campaign said, “Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn’t reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn’t reflect his views.”

Did he say he would ban guns during the campaign, or in this century? Have the Super Majority passed any gun legislation?

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

• Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
  • Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
  • Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
  • Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Did he say he would ban guns during the campaign, or in this century? Have the Super Majority passed any gun legislation?

Obama is a gun banner. Period.

Why don't you post something from this century?

OBAMA: Let’s be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.
Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004

That's just silly Luissa. Quit deflecting and post some proof Obama isn't anti Second Amendment.

I won't hold my breathe.

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

That's just silly Luissa. Quit deflecting and post some proof Obama isn't anti Second Amendment.

I won't hold my breathe.

I could careless if he anti second amendment, because guess what he hasn't pushed for any legislations regarding gun control while having a super majority. How about you show me something he said about gun control while being President, show me where he is pushing for guns to be banned? I also missed the part during the campaign when he said he was going to take away guns?

Last edited:

I won't hold my breathe.

I could careless if he anti second amendment, because guess what he hasn't pushed for any legislations regarding gun control while having a super majority. How about you show me something he said about gun control while being President, show me where he is pushing for guns to be banned? I also missed the part during the campaign when he said he was going to take away guns?

What he had Holder talking about would have banned the sale of certain assault weapons. It wouldn't have have "taken" guns away from anyone but it's still an "anti-gun" move.

I think President Obama is fantastic, just the mention of his name cause the rights sphincters to prolapseOBAMA:lol:

I won't hold my breathe.

What he had Holder talking about would have banned the sale of certain assault weapons. It wouldn't have have "taken" guns away from anyone but it's still an "anti-gun" move.
I guess that is close to banning guns.:razz:

:lol::lol::lol: Well, he didn't say he was gonna, so obviously that means he's not gonna. Cuz politicians always mean what they say and say what they mean, right?

I guess you trust the liar more than I trust the liar. I tend to not trust people who lie. I'm funny like that.

:lol::lol::lol: Well, he didn't say he was gonna, so obviously that means he's not gonna. Cuz politicians always mean what they say and say what they mean, right?

I guess you trust the liar more than I trust the liar. I tend to not trust people who lie. I'm funny like that.

What did he lie about? I don't remember him saying he was going to ban guns or not ban guns. I suggest people wait until he start to push for something, before freaking out about it.

Thanks for this article - it really proves how easily the right-wingers can fool each other into a paranoid state of delusion! As someone mentioned, huge majorities in Congress and not ONE move on your guns! Pure hilarity.

I plan on purchasing one more pistol by the end of the year. Why? Because I want one. Going to take the plunge with a polymer in .40 S&W. Probably going to be a SA XDm.
Nothing to do with President Obama or the administrations stance on the issue.

Obama is a gun banner...of this there is irrefutable proof. The trouble is he doesn't have the votes to ban guns and doesn't have the votes to take all of our firearms away. If he did he would have already. Secondly if he did attempt to do it in his first term he would be voted out of office. If he get's re-elected look for a sweeping crime bill in 2013 that severely restricts gun ownership and possibly a total ban on semi-automatic weapons.

Forum List

Back