Gun Owners Buy 14 Million + Guns in 2009. More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies.

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
It's even better than 14 million guns sold, there were three million guns sold in 2008 after Obama was elected.

If you factor in that most people knew Obama was going to win the presidency, you can add on even more. The total may be 20 million guns sold, thanks to Obama and what he represents!!!

obama-gun-salesman.jpg

Washington, DC –– Data released by the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) for the year reported 14,033,824 NICS Checks for the year of 2009, a 10 percent increase in gun purchases from the 12,709,023 reported in 2008.

So far that is roughly 14,000,000+ guns bought last year!
The total is probably more as many NICS background checks cover the purchase of more than one gun at a time by individuals.

To put it in perspective that is more guns than the combined active armies of the top 21 countries in the world. countries by number of troops

Of the NICS background checks preformed less than and average .005% were denied, showing, overwhelmingly, that law abiding American citizens are the ones buying guns and that criminals are getting their guns elsewhere.

14,033,824,000 billions rounds of Ammo
Assuming each gun buyer bought 1000 rounds of ammo for each purchase, and you and I know that it is way, way more than that, that would be easily 14,033,824,000+ billions rounds of ammo fired by USA gun owners.

What percent of people were killed or injured by this ammo…it is just to infinitesimally small for me to calculate?

USA Buys 14 Million+ Guns In 2009 - More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies

Tell me again when Obama said he was going to take away your guns?
All this shows me is a bunch of wacko's who live in fear, felt the need to buy even more guns.

All this shows me is a bunch of wacko's who live in fear, felt the need to buy even more guns.

A whole year in office with big majorities in both Houses and no moves on their guns....

Guess what sweetheart? We have a Constitutional RIGHT to own firearms, we don't need a reason.

You don't say?

Now how about you applaud the President for not trying to put any new laws on the books that infringe on that right?

It's January 25, 2010, do you know where your guns are? Oh wait, they are where they have been since Obama took office. :razz:

The Gun Industry must be laughing at all the idiots who went out and bought stockpiles of guns and ammo for when Obama took office.

Which begets this kind of thing

A. BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2009, A MANUFACTURER SHALL CODE ALL HANDGUN
8 AND ASSAULT WEAPON AMMUNITION THAT IS MANUFACTURED OR SOLD IN THIS STATE.
9 THIS SECTION APPLIES TO ALL CALIBERS.
10 B. BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2011, A PRIVATE CITIZEN OR A RETAIL VENDOR
11 SHALL DISPOSE OF ALL NONCODED AMMUNITION THAT IS OWNED OR HELD BY THE CITIZEN
12 OR VENDOR.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/hb2833p.pdf

Legislation

Guess what sweetheart? We have a Constitutional RIGHT to own firearms, we don't need a reason.

Um... According to the OP Obama is the reason why they purchased their guns, not for protection, not for hunting, but because they lived in fear that Obama would take them away.

The only way there will ever be total peace on Earth is if every person on Earth is pointing a gun at every other person in a Mutually Assured Destruction. Hey, Darwin figured this shit out, not me, blame him and kill a Galapagos tortoise if want some pay back.

Which begets this kind of thing

A. BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2009, A MANUFACTURER SHALL CODE ALL HANDGUN
8 AND ASSAULT WEAPON AMMUNITION THAT IS MANUFACTURED OR SOLD IN THIS STATE.
9 THIS SECTION APPLIES TO ALL CALIBERS.
10 B. BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2011, A PRIVATE CITIZEN OR A RETAIL VENDOR
11 SHALL DISPOSE OF ALL NONCODED AMMUNITION THAT IS OWNED OR HELD BY THE CITIZEN
12 OR VENDOR.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/hb2833p.pdf

Legislation
This has more to do with solving crimes, than gun control.

A whole year in office with big majorities in both Houses and no moves on their guns....

lol So should we add that to the long, long list of things he didn't get done after a whole year in office with huge majorities in both houses of Congress? Perhaps right after his health insurance legislation tease on the list?

lol So should we add that to the long, long list of things he didn't get done after a whole year in office with huge majorities in both houses of Congress? Perhaps right after his health insurance legislation tease on the list?

Did he ever say he was going to take away guns?

If it makes you feel better, sure, knock yourself out.

I blame Canada.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UKllR0Edo]YouTube - South Park Songs - Blame Canada[/ame]

Did he ever say he was going to take away guns?

We all know by now you can't put much stock in what he says.

You don't say?

Now how about you applaud the President for not trying to put any new laws on the books that infringe on that right?

My bad, RGS ...

I shouldn't ask you to clap your hands ... I wouldn't want you to accidentally shoot your Bible.

Forum List

Back