Gun Owners Buy 14 Million + Guns in 2009. More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies.

i love the retards that think they will take out the army if/when any president tries to turn the usa into a dictatorship. the sheep in the military will kill any citizen that fights back like they have done in the past.

oath of military service said:
I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God
US CODE: Title 10,502. Enlistment oath: who may administer

read the above, if the generals think so the president and congress could easily be taken out of the decision making process. Hell all the people need is a few commanders and we could end up like Jericho

i love the retards that think they will take out the army if/when any president tries to turn the usa into a dictatorship. the sheep in the military will kill any citizen that fights back like they have done in the past.

Most of the citizens militia here is made up of current and former military.
Look at some photos of our soldiars in iraq or afaghanistan.
See how many are wearing that 'oathkeeper' patch?
I guess it just depends on which side the army is on doesn't it?

the military will always be on the government's side.

Let's just hope we don't get to the point where we find out.

Let's just hope we don't get to the point where we find out.

indeed

Just order your meds over the net then and maybe die from drug interactions or some other complications.

Please draw the logical connections to what you just wrote. How does my imminent death follow from having someone other than the government tell me which doctors are capable and which aren't? Are you implying that even with 8 years education and far more extensive testing to prove competence than what the government currently provides, I would not be able to count on a pharmacist to advise me on drug interactions unless the government licenses them? Then some sort of government magic descends on these people and they crap gold nuggets?

Lets carry the same concept to pharmacists. Why would you need one of those?
Or even the FDA to try and ensure you drug is produced properly and safely?

Same reason for all of those.

I'll break these into two points, but first your point was about medicinal interactions which is primarily determined by a pharmacist, I know doctors know this stuff pretty good too, but that is why I mentioned them.

Why would we need a pharmacist? I'll answer your question with the obvious answer: the same reason we need pharmacists now. I would go to one to get my meds, it just makes sense. If you also meant why would we be legally required to purchase our medicine only from a pharmacy? Then I see no reason. In a free society I should be able to make my own decisions. If I want to buy medicine at the gas station then that is my business.

Why would we need the FDA to ensure the medicines I buy are safe and effective? We don't. The only problem I have is the sue happy state of affairs today. The pharmaceutical companies aren't God, they can't know for sure whether something will or won't have side effects. If we don't have some sort of tort reform then it would almost have to be limited to a governmental authority. I would be just as content having an independent organization tell me which are safe and effective. If Johnson and Johnson was the world's best examiner of medicines and a drug had their approval then I would confidently buy it, but if they only got the approval of one of the lower, cheaper examiners then I should be more wary, either way it is my choice to take it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: can you say "coup" ?????

Are you talking about open war between the citizenry and the military? If so the military would have no chance, even if they would kill innocent people of their own country.

not going to happen. people in the military are rarely free thinkers. they will do what they are told, including killing americans, they have done it before and will do it again

It's amazing how many times a day I get to call bullshit on idiot posters here.

The military will not kill citizens. The NATIONAL GUARD may occasionally fire on idiot students who go berserck, but kindly list all the times the regular military has fired on US citizens.

Are you talking about open war between the citizenry and the military? If so the military would have no chance, even if they would kill innocent people of their own country.

Which they wouldn't do. and if it were to come to that, I predict that the military would be the #1 support of citizens who want to overthrow a tyrannical government.

1) how would the military have no chance? the government would use every military and spy capability it has to kill all dissenters

2) you won't be innocent. if laws are kept any person could quickly called a terrorist under the patriot act and then its game over. if laws are thrown out then you are fucked even quicker.

Once again, back up your bogus claim that it's happened before or be labeled for the idiot you are.

not going to happen. people in the military are rarely free thinkers. they will do what they are told, including killing americans, they have done it before and will do it again

Again, lets all just hope we don't get to find out first hand.
However; most everyone in the small town I live in has someone in the military. Most wear that patch I was telling you about. Just finding out what that is may be enough to change your thinking. The military has a lot of 'free-thinkers', they call them generals and admirals and such. Historically, there is a precedent where approx. half the military didn't 'do as they were told'. Robert E.Lee was in the US army when he defected, and jeff davis was a senator......
The divisions in this country include the military as well. There are simularities between the divisions today, and the divisions leading up to the civil war.
The Soviet Govt. thought the army would stick with them as well as the Chek govt, just in recent memory. In both cases, the army refused to fire on or even control the civilian population in their own country.

1) how would the military have no chance? the government would use every military and spy capability it has to kill all dissenters

2) you won't be innocent. if laws are kept any person could quickly called a terrorist under the patriot act and then its game over. if laws are thrown out then you are fucked even quicker.

Let's assume the military would actually enter a prolonged engagement against the general population of the U.S. This is laughable as soldiers are in fact thinking human beings, but we'll entertain the idea.

The military versus any one person, you lose. The military versus 150 million armed citizens, the military loses. Look at how tough a time they are having in Iraq or had in Najaf, every street in this country has a sniper in every third or fourth house with a high powered rifle and a telescopic sight, there is no way they would make it very long.

And the marine motto is semper fidelis, and that refers to the corps, not the president.

It's God, country, corps. Country isn't the president or the administration. It's the country, and that means the people.

Once again, back up your bogus claim that it's happened before or be labeled for the idiot you are.

There was this sad episode in our not so distant past[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmo4ygPTjc]YouTube - Bonus March on Washington, DC: 1932[/ame]

Yeah, that's the other thing. Strategy is on the side of the defenders. There just are not enough soldiars, even if they are all willing to do it, to successfully fight the citizenry. Our founding fathers gave us that.
the only way they could would be to nuke the country to save it.
I admit that logic was used by the military before, so once again;
I think all of us should hope that we don't get to the point where we find out first hand.

There was this sad episode in our not so distant past[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmo4ygPTjc]YouTube - Bonus March on Washington, DC: 1932[/ame]

That's not a comparison. One reason some of the soviet soldiars gave for not following orders during the fall of the USSR during the riots was that they were facing an armed revolt.
Facing protesters is different. They don't usually shoot back. There is a lot less personal risk.
Facing an armed native population has always been the most difficult kind of war for any military. The only ones that were successful were the ones that simply destroyed everything, and those were not done by militarys acting on their own soil.

The only reason The Hussein hasn't tried to impose all new gun rescrictions is because he knows he'd get knocked out even harder than he did in the health care fight.

We all know he is a radical left wing loon and would love to strike the second amendment from the constitution, the only thing that prevents him is that he knows it would damage him and his chances for re-election....and staying in power is priority number one above all other agendas.

Forum List

Back