CDZ Gun Lovers, complete this sentence

Military style --- does not equal military ...

7151GNitFoL._SY550_.jpg

Well that's good, because you keep saying the ARs and AKs etc., etc., available in the US are not military weapons. I agree. They are military style semi automatic rifles.

I'm a bit disappointed, I could have sworn you'd deflect harder.

I won't call anybody a gun nut because this is the CDZ, so I'll go with less than rational gun enthusiasts. It seems the less than rational gun enthusiasts have no answer for that. I personally like guns, but I wouldn't say I love them, and I see no reason to own the guns you mentioned other than as a fashion statement, or a crutch for someone unsure of his masculinity..

I personally like guns, but I wouldn't say I love them,
I think I would. A good quality bolt action rifle properly set up is a lovely thing. You know, barrel floated, pillar bedded, locking lugs lapped, breaking glass trigger with no backlash set to two pounds, scope set up so it can't give one scope eyebrow but will give full field of view when the rifle is shouldered, etc., etc..

Last edited:
What is an assault rifle?

95% of all shootings, and all gun deaths, are NOT by AR-15's and AK-47's. They are by handguns.

So what is an assault rifle? Please give specific definitions so I can play.
Rules are to restrictive... Until we can agree just exactly what an assault rifle is, I can't play...
Try defining "assault weapon" in your own terms and then telling us, given whatever be your definition of an assault rifle, why you absolutely need one (or more).

To help you with crafting your definition, you may find the following resources of use:

Last edited:
Ridgerunner, post: 19379874
Rules are to restrictive... Until we can agree just exactly what an assault rifle is, I can't play...

Are you so deep into playing with your, ...how about we call it..... , mass murder mechanism' or.... 'human hunting arsenal' ....... that you avoid submitting a response to a basic question about your cult-like obsession over the possession of certain types of playthings necessary for you to enjoy your hobby?

Last edited:

95% of all shootings, and all gun deaths, are NOT by AR-15's and AK-47's. They are by handguns.

Try defining "assault weapon" in your own terms and then telling us, given whatever be your definition of an assault rifle, why you absolutely need one (or more).

To help you with crafting your definition, you may find the following resources of use:

Now you done it. From your link:

DOD and US Army: "Assault rifles are short, compact, select-fire (i.e. both semi- automatic and full-automatic) weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."

But hey, what does the US ARMY know compared to our typical assault rifle cult member who post here trying to impress us with their knowledgeable about their favorite idealized human killing toy.

fncceo
favorite idealized human killing toy

Lawn darts?!

Lawn-Darts-Fake-Accident-sized.jpg

So you like to play with and promote selling to kids a banned toy that kills.

They've not been used to mass murder grade school and high school and University students and movie goers and concert goers and nightclub goers that I know of.

Perhaps you think mass murder by assault weapon is amusing. Thanks for the cartoon.

Now you done it. From your link:

DOD and US Army: "Assault rifles are short, compact, select-fire (i.e. both semi- automatic and full-automatic) weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."

But hey, what does the US ARMY know compared to our typical assault rifle cult member who post here trying to impress us with their knowledgeable about their favorite idealized human killing toy.
Now you done it.
Excuse me? What "it" have I "done?" I think what I did was offer nominal guidance on how "gun lovers" might overcome the obstacle of there being no set definition of "assault rifle." That guidance really is nothing other than to apply the approach any sagacious person would when expounding on a matter about which there exists in the writer's/speaker's mind elements of definitional uncertainty/discord.

AFAIK, "assault rifle" hasn't a universally (or preponderantly so) accepted definition. Accordingly, I don't much care what definition one assigns to that term. I am merely interested in discovering what be "gun loving" USMB members' direct and compliant response to the OP-er's request that they complete the sentence s/he provided. I merely need respondents to provide whatever be the definition to which they ascribe, and the only reason I need that is so that I can understand precisely what devices the responders do and do not construed as being ones they absolutely need.

I may or may not find sound/cogent their rationale for absolutely needing one or more such devices, but I damn sure can't give due consideration to that rationale without understanding completely what devices apply to and/or fall within the scope of their rationale.

I guess whatever the OP decides constitutes an "assault rifle" it's the same answer:

Because the 2nd amendment says I can.

Are you in a well regulated militia? Who is regulating you?

Actually the 2nd Amendnent does not say you can. Over the decades Congresses and judges have rendered interpretations that say you can.

They have also defined the point where you can't own wespons designed for use in combat.

So your precious idealized favorite war toy is on a fine line and in a precariously unsafe position if society, morally and politically decides, as a whole, to adjust the ban on the sale and possession of war toys to include the ones that were banned before and could easily be banned again.

You are not in a well regulated militia are you.

The 2nd Amendment says nothing about you then.

Better start organizing but remember .... regulated by whom?

You might end up more regulated than you are right now by citing the
Assault rifles are short, compact, select-fire (i.e. both semi- automatic and full-automatic) weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges.

Why are you banned from owning and stockpiling RPG's for example?

You must believe the 2nd Amendment says you can. Why don't you have that right? Why have you stopped at a right to possess certain types of assault rifles?

Last edited:
Gun cultist ...

6d19d49d873128693c87c9ea46d45a27.jpg

Anti-gun cultist ...

Andrea-Dworkin-009.jpg

I'll stick with my gun buddies for now ...

Forum List

Back