Gun control polls

I'm sure your deer rifle will go a long way in stopping the big bad gov't with its M1 Abram tanks, B52 bombers, and attack drones.

Yeah, right.

I think it's to prevent abusive government from doing this:

gun_control3.jpg

Wonder what "little" Elian is up to these days.....
Probably a brainwashed plebe on a sugar or tobacco plantation.

So you're pro slavery? Nice. Clarifies a lot.

Aother stupid statement.
For another stupid argument.

You're the one who wants a disarmed and helpless class of citizen who cannot defend themselves against the abuse of those they put in power or those who break the law. Sounds like a slave owner's, or criminal's for that matter, argument to me. Reduce the risk of something bad happening to you once the abuses or criminal activity starts.

Anyone who lives in a country where they feel that they have to be armed so as not to be helpless against the government is either stupid or paranoid. I live in a country where it is next to impossible to get a gun permit and no one is afraid of the government. You are suffering from American Right Wing Paranoia.

I'm sure your deer rifle will go a long way in stopping the big bad gov't with its M1 Abram tanks, B52 bombers, and attack drones.

Yeah, right.

I think it's to prevent abusive government from doing this:

gun_control3.jpg

Wonder what "little" Elian is up to these days.....

So you think you'd have a chance against a well equipped, well trained SWAT team? Do you fantasize about killing cops? You think Elian would be better off dead in a firefight than returned to his father?

Nope. You don't make no sense. Try again.

Gun Free and Civilized are not mutually exclusive concepts.

What I said makes perfect sense, you are just being an adjective that rhymes with sense.
Again, Guns and civilized are not contradictory nor mutually exclusive.

THAT is the lie.

If you still don't believe that, explain Switzerland who has a higher per capita ASSAULT RIFLE ownership than we have gun ownership in the US.

Switzerland is a great example of a "Well Regulated Militia". They don't just pass them out to any nutjob.

Again, Guns and civilized are not contradictory nor mutually exclusive.

THAT is the lie.

If you still don't believe that, explain Switzerland who has a higher per capita ASSAULT RIFLE ownership than we have gun ownership in the US.
This means and proves nothing other than the fact that the Swiss are obviously more civilized than Americans.
So there you go. Guns don't CAUSE anything. People do.

But to use your logic for taking guns, we should use the Swiss example and ARM every military serving age male with an assault rifle in their home.

You can do this is Switzerland, America is too violent.

Why should law abiding citizens not have the right to defend themselves?

Obviously, they should and do have that right, if a deadly threat is presented. The people in the movie theater had no such opportunity. The police are using the term AMBUSH.

I don't know Colorado's CCW laws or the theater's rules. It may well be that nobody was allowed to carry in there. Then again, there may have been somebody in there who was armed but didn't think he/she could get off a safe shot.

The killer planned for such an event:

He wore a tactical armored vest, throat protector, groin protector, a gas mask and a ballistic helmet.

Colorado shooting: The movie theater, the booby-trapped apartment - latimes.com

There are some people who are determined to do evil and no law or regulation will stop them if he did spend months planning this thing out as the reports say he would fall into this group.

Gun Control Polls Show Longterm Decline In Support, Despite Columbine Bump

Sadly, we have very short memories. While the rabid right wing gun loons step over the bodies of dead children to tout their "right" to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips, the rest of us get busy with other things.

Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

Why do the gun loons want criminals and crazies to be able to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips? EXACTLY how are those used in self defense or hunting?

I own guns but I don't believe it should be the right for every froot loop to be able to buy these unnecessary items.

How many of you gun nuts feel you absolutely MUST be able to buy assault rifles and the big clips? How 'bout the tear gas? How do you use that? If a bad guy is in your yard, do you just throw it out the door?

Huh?

Only morons think rights are based on public opinion.

Oops, I forgot who I was responding to.

Sadly, we have very short memories. While the rabid right wing gun loons step over the bodies of dead children to tout their "right" to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips, the rest of us get busy with other things.

Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

Why do the gun loons want criminals and crazies to be able to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips? EXACTLY how are those used in self defense or hunting?

I own guns but I don't believe it should be the right for every froot loop to be able to buy these unnecessary items.

How many of you gun nuts feel you absolutely MUST be able to buy assault rifles and the big clips? How 'bout the tear gas? How do you use that? If a bad guy is in your yard, do you just throw it out the door?

Huh?

They're called magazines, not "clips". And the 2nd amendment ain't about duck hunting.

Huh?

We do not need more gun control we need more people willing to stand up against the tyranny of this government

Huh?

We do not need more gun control we need more people willing to stand up against the tyranny of this government

What exactly is this "tyranny" you speak of? How is it any different from the "tyranny" of the previous administration or the ones before?

Huh?

What exactly is this "tyranny" you speak of? How is it any different from the "tyranny" of the previous administration or the ones before?

Short bus move along there is no tyranny if you must ask.

So we all have to accept mass murder, no reasonable limitations on firearms, psychos with guns, all because of some undefined "tyranny" you keep touting but won't identify?

Aother stupid statement.

You're the one who wants a disarmed and helpless class of citizen who cannot defend themselves against the abuse of those they put in power or those who break the law. Sounds like a slave owner's, or criminal's for that matter, argument to me. Reduce the risk of something bad happening to you once the abuses or criminal activity starts.

Anyone who lives in a country where they feel that they have to be armed so as not to be helpless against the government is either stupid or paranoid. I live in a country where it is next to impossible to get a gun permit and no one is afraid of the government. You are suffering from American Right Wing Paranoia.
You do realize that if the first part of Holmes' plan worked, there would have been no cops able to come and stop this rampage because they'd have been attending to the major fire and multiple dead by bombs at his apartment?

Guns, like contracts, are not for when things go 'right'. They are for when things go wrong. Very very wrong. Capice?

Remember this needing to be done by store owners during the Rodney King riots?

NotYour1992LAPD_LAT_011811_375.jpg

Where were the cops? Hmmm? Dealing with this instead.

article-2135510-12B83518000005DC-964_634x398.jpg

Last edited:

So we all have to accept mass murder, no reasonable limitations on firearms, psychos with guns, all because of some undefined "tyranny" you keep touting but won't identify?

Do we have to accept the fact that obama has a hit list and can have American citizens assassinated without due process?
Do we have to accept the fact that obama gave the military authority to detain American citizens without due process?

You do realize that if the first part of Holmes' plan worked, there would have been no cops able to come and stop this rampage because they'd have been attending to the major fire and multiple dead by bombs at his apartment?

Guns, like contracts, are not for when things go 'right'. They are for when things go wrong. Very very wrong. Capice?

When you need and you don't have them it's to late to try and get them.

Do we have to accept the fact that obama has a hit list and can have American citizens assassinated without due process?
Do we have to accept the fact that obama gave the military authority to detain American citizens without due process?

Were you outraged when Bush did the same? Or are you just outraged by the black guy in the White House?

Were you outraged when Bush did the same? Or are you just outraged by the black guy in the White House?

Post up. Where did Bush take out a citizen?

I was out raged when bush signed the patriot act, but I wonder when did Bush take away due process, or have American citizens placed on a hit list to be assassinated or even have one assassinated?

Forum List

Back