Gun control polls

----Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

We need our guns to protect us from the government. They need to know, we have them. There will always be victims of guns. Let it not be a defenseless society.

Why is it that every time there is a tragic incident that involves an idiot doing bad things with guns, somebody, usually a loon themselves, yells and screams about gun control? GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. IDIOT ASS HOLES WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

Got to admit if the guy was restricted to a club he could not have wounded all those people.

Did you see what he did to his apartment? If he was restricted to a club he would've likely wounded all those people with an IED in stead of bullets.

I'm basically told by anti-gun proponents that cooperating in the concession of all lethal, ranged defense capacity to the govt and the police would probably make for an overall better "bottom line" in terms of the number of homicides in society as a whole. Well, sorry if this is too selfish for the collectivists reading this thread, but -FUCK- the bottom line. I refuse to be a more likely (IMHO) potential victim in order to bring the total death count down. I flatly refuse to compromise my defensive self initiative to compensate for the fact that other people are fucked up.

Not thinking about those obviously politically skewed polls. I'm talking about the 10,000 people world wide who believe that Bush engineered 9/11.

I never said I believed Bush engineered 9/11. I think his willful disregard of advance warnings led to 9/11 happening. He then used it to his advantage creating the TSA, DHS, Patriot act, and starting the Iraq war.

What advanced warning? Be specific. Youre late on this topic.

The Presidential Daily Brief from Aug 5,2001 titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US". He was warned, but did nothing to beef up security until after the fact. And then, instead of commonsense approaches, we have the TSA, DHS gestapo.

I never said I believed Bush engineered 9/11. I think his willful disregard of advance warnings led to 9/11 happening. He then used it to his advantage creating the TSA, DHS, Patriot act, and starting the Iraq war.

The Presidential Daily Brief from Aug 5,2001 titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US". He was warned, but did nothing to beef up security until after the fact. And then, instead of commonsense approaches, we have the TSA, DHS gestapo.
He's trying to make the Aurora shooting Bush's fault too.

Riiiiight. Back to the conspiracy forum for you Bobo.

Whatever... There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Not sure what you're seeing, but this seems to be close.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-yy2URAYqU]William shatner in Lucy in the sky with diamonds - YouTube[/ame]

non sequitur. The shooter and the ease with which he obtained his weapons are to blame. OTOH, Bush let the assault weapons ban, part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, sunset in 2004. The high capacity drum magazine he used on his AR15 rifle would have been covered under the act.

I've been meaning to get ahold of a couple drum mags for my AR, too. I guess I better get on that, I can already smell the reactionary legislation coming down the pipe. Better get mine while the gettin's good :)

It's illegal under Federal law to make or possess any kind of explosive or incendiary device except for maybe fireworks. If you're a farmer, you have to jump through a lot of hoops these days to get ammonium nitrate fertilizer.

Yet none of that stopped Holmes from rigging explosive devices in his apartment.

I've been meaning to get ahold of a couple drum mags for my AR, too. I guess I better get on that, I can already smell the reactionary legislation coming down the pipe. Better get mine while the gettin's good :)

Better stock up on ammo too. All the nutters will be out in droves buying it up.

Fairly stocked up in that department, already. On top of that, it's a poor economic move. With the drum mags, this could very well be a last opportunity, but I don't see them banning bullets over this. You are correct, however, there will be a lot of "nutters" buying up ammo, which means the cost of said ammo is going to spike for a hot minute, thus the economic folly of stocking up on bullets right this second.

I appreciate your concern, though ;)

Better stock up on ammo too. All the nutters will be out in droves buying it up.

Fairly stocked up in that department, already. On top of that, it's a poor economic move. With the drum mags, this could very well be a last opportunity, but I don't see them banning bullets over this. You are correct, however, there will be a lot of "nutters" buying up ammo, which means the cost of said ammo is going to spike for a hot minute, thus the economic folly of stocking up on bullets right this second.

I just remember the last time everybody got paranoid about gun grabbers. For a while it was hard to get ammo of any kind. Even .22 ammo was scarce. About the only thing to be had was shotgun shells. Fuckers like this Holmes guy give all gun owners a bad name.

.223 was already spiking before this. Prices are up a little and it's a little harder to find.

More like the 28% that think Bush did a good job. You don't debate facts, you just repeat whatever Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh say on any given day. I'd say that you and your militia type cohorts are the delusional ones.
Not thinking about those obviously politically skewed polls. I'm talking about the 10,000 people world wide who believe that Bush engineered 9/11.

What would Algore have done with all of these "advanced warnings" ? I know it's been a long time but do you have any memory at all of what flying was like in 2001? The numerous different law enforcement agencies weren't talking to each other, sharing information. The flying public wouldn't have put up with the stronger controls back then either. Pilots were trained to do what a hijacker wanted in order to get the aircraft on the ground as quickly as possible where trained SWAT teams would do their thing, nobody had hijacked a plane to kill themselves. There was very little security at airports. You could bring tools on board aircraft without a second glance...... I was flying a minimum of 3 round trips a month, domestic and abroad, I remember. I hate the fucks that ruined everything about this world with their murderous idiocy and not one of those as swipe slaves had a fucking gun, they killed 3,000 people without a single bullet!
Only a dumbass parrot would even bring up September 11th..... the FBI, CIA and the Pentagon could have known what airline and the city and probably wouldn't have been able to stop what happened.

----Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

We need our guns to protect us from the government. They need to know, we have them. There will always be victims of guns. Let it not be a defenseless society.

Why is it that every time there is a tragic incident that involves an idiot doing bad things with guns, somebody, usually a loon themselves, yells and screams about gun control? GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. IDIOT ASS HOLES WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

About as many people (I think slightly more, but the figures vary from year to year) are killed in the US every year in automobile accidents as in firearms incidents (including suicides). Should we limit the possesion of automobiles?

non sequitur. The shooter and the ease with which he obtained his weapons are to blame. OTOH, Bush let the assault weapons ban, part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, sunset in 2004. The high capacity drum magazine he used on his AR15 rifle would have been covered under the act.

Yesterday in South Texas, a truck carrying 23 people suddenly swerved off of the road and hit 2 trees. 10 were killed instantly, 5 were thrown and 12 were injured critically, there will probably be at least as many deaths as there were in Colorado....... not a shot was fired. I want to see trucks banned and trees on the side of roads banned, cut them down..... for the chiiiildren. Trucks kill, trees kill.....BAN THEM!!!!!

Then there's abortions, 1 fairly busy abortionist will easily kill as many totally innocent lives in one shift..... where are the tears for these murders?

Last edited:
No amount of the best written gun control laws can prevent a Columbine, Aurora or Virginia Tech. Also, some equate ANY gun regulation as mass confiscation, absurd as the notion is.

Correct, on both counts.

We wouldn't worry about looney Libtards confiscating our guns if looney Libtards weren't trying to confiscate our guns.

For another stupid argument.

You're the one who wants a disarmed and helpless class of citizen who cannot defend themselves against the abuse of those they put in power or those who break the law. Sounds like a slave owner's, or criminal's for that matter, argument to me. Reduce the risk of something bad happening to you once the abuses or criminal activity starts.

Anyone who lives in a country where they feel that they have to be armed so as not to be helpless against the government is either stupid or paranoid. I live in a country where it is next to impossible to get a gun permit and no one is afraid of the government. You are suffering from American Right Wing Paranoia.
You do realize that if the first part of Holmes' plan worked, there would have been no cops able to come and stop this rampage because they'd have been attending to the major fire and multiple dead by bombs at his apartment?

Guns, like contracts, are not for when things go 'right'. They are for when things go wrong. Very very wrong. Capice?

Remember this needing to be done by store owners during the Rodney King riots?

NotYour1992LAPD_LAT_011811_375.jpg

Where were the cops? Hmmm? Dealing with this instead.

article-2135510-12B83518000005DC-964_634x398.jpg

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You are obviously unable to reply. It is a shame that you walk around so terrified all of the time.

Yesterday in South Texas, a truck carrying 23 people suddenly swerved off of the road and hit 2 trees. 10 were killed instantly, 5 were thrown and 12 were injured critically, there will probably be at least as many deaths as there were in Colorado....... not a shot was fired. I want to see trucks banned and trees on the side of roads banned, cut them down..... for the chiiiildren. Trucks kill, trees kill.....BAN THEM!!!!!

Then there's abortions, 1 fairly busy abortionist will easily kill as many totally innocent lives in one shift..... where are the tears for these murders?

There are already laws against carrying this many passengers in a truck, so your point is irrelevant.

What would Algore have done with all of these "advanced warnings" ? I know it's been a long time but do you have any memory at all of what flying was like in 2001? The numerous different law enforcement agencies weren't talking to each other, sharing information. The flying public wouldn't have put up with the stronger controls back then either. Pilots were trained to do what a hijacker wanted in order to get the aircraft on the ground as quickly as possible where trained SWAT teams would do their thing, nobody had hijacked a plane to kill themselves. There was very little security at airports. You could bring tools on board aircraft without a second glance...... I was flying a minimum of 3 round trips a month, domestic and abroad, I remember. I hate the fucks that ruined everything about this world with their murderous idiocy and not one of those as swipe slaves had a fucking gun, they killed 3,000 people without a single bullet!
Only a dumbass parrot would even bring up September 11th..... the FBI, CIA and the Pentagon could have known what airline and the city and probably wouldn't have been able to stop what happened.

The FBI did know of the plot but were told by a higher source to stand down when they were investigating it. MI6 knew about the plot too and did not believe it.

Forum List

Back