Gun control polls

Gun Control Polls Show Longterm Decline In Support, Despite Columbine Bump

Sadly, we have very short memories. While the rabid right wing gun loons step over the bodies of dead children to tout their "right" to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips, the rest of us get busy with other things.

Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

Why do the gun loons want criminals and crazies to be able to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips? EXACTLY how are those used in self defense or hunting?

I own guns but I don't believe it should be the right for every froot loop to be able to buy these unnecessary items.

How many of you gun nuts feel you absolutely MUST be able to buy assault rifles and the big clips? How 'bout the tear gas? How do you use that? If a bad guy is in your yard, do you just throw it out the door?

Huh?

The courts have been reluctant to expand upon Heller, allowing various restrictions to remain in place. As with all rights, the Second Amendment right to own a firearm is not absolute. The Heller Court, for example, admonished lower courts to not infer the ruling hostile to restrictions with regard to the mentally ill, convicted felons, or undocumented immigrants.

To date there stands numerous restrictions considered Constitutionally questionable, such as waiting periods, restrictions on the number of handguns purchased during a given time period, training requirements, and permit and licensing statutes.

As with Heller, McDonald has done little to change the regulatory landscape concerning firearms: local jurisdictions may enact gun control policy however they see fit provided such policy not manifest in an outright ban. Indeed, in the District of Columbia and Chicago, some critics charge that the convoluted, Byzantine, and capricious policies in place in both cities constitute a de facto ban on handguns.

Given the fact, therefore, that little has changed in the post Heller/McDonald realm of firearm regulatory policy, it’s clear that the tragedies we’ve witnessed in Aurora, Co, as with the shootings in Tucson, have nothing to do with ‘gun control’ and everything to do with our inability – or unwillingness – to address the problems associated with mental health in a proactive, comprehensive manner.

The fact remains that ‘gun control’ policies simply don’t work, in addition to being constitutionally problematic.

Aurora and similar events are a mental health, public policy issue – there are no ‘quick fix’ solutions, and effective solutions will likely never be realized as a consequence of partisan bickering and obstructionism.

The theater was a 'gun free zone'. Seems like it didn't save anyone now, did it?

----Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

We need our guns to protect us from the government. They need to know, we have them. There will always be victims of guns. Let it not be a defenseless society.

Why is it that every time there is a tragic incident that involves an idiot doing bad things with guns, somebody, usually a loon themselves, yells and screams about gun control? GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. IDIOT ASS HOLES WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

Got to admit if the guy was restricted to a club he could not have wounded all those people.

If you've "got to admit" something, how about admitting that if he couldn't have purchased the guns legally he could have gotten them ILLEGALLY much easier and cheaper.

:eusa_hand:

Why is it that every time there is a tragic incident that involves an idiot doing bad things with guns, somebody, usually a loon themselves, yells and screams about gun control? GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. IDIOT ASS HOLES WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

Got to admit if the guy was restricted to a club he could not have wounded all those people.

If you've "got to admit" something, how about admitting that if he couldn't have purchased the guns legally he could have gotten them ILLEGALLY much easier and cheaper.

You are obviously advocating very strict gun control laws, because otherwise what you said is a pretty weak argument. It is difficult to purchase such guns legally or illegally in the country where I reside.

You are obviously advocating very strict gun control laws, because otherwise what you said is a pretty weak argument. It is difficult to purchase such guns legally or illegally in the country where I reside.

Obviously, I'm NOT advocating stricter gun laws.
We have plenty.
Let's just concentrate on enforcing THOSE.

When you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns

It is difficult to purchase such guns legally or illegally in the country where I reside.

How about you stay in your country and we will stay here in ours....

Oh and, STFU and let US deal with this, and when your little country needs to be rescued again the United States of whacky Americans will be there.

Until then sit down and be quiet.

It is a tragic thing for the loss of life of these young people in this shooting as the result of a derranged person bent on murder and mayhem for whatever the reason. The thing to remember here is that these young people were innocent victims not of the weapons that the man carried but more so the man that took it upon himself to take those lives. Sadly, those young people who lost their lives here did so with so much yet to live and love, some gave thier lives for others in selfless acts of courage, and still others serving their nation lost their lives in the innovent moment of simply watching a movie. The fact remains that the "guns" or "weapons" themselves do not seek to take the lives of innocents, its the heart and mind of the individuals like the scum that committed this crime. While I tend to agree that some weapons have no useful purpose other than as Military weapons, and am not convinced that weapons like the AR-15, or AK-47 have a civilian purpose other than for law enforcement, to use the sad event as a means to advocate the weapons themselves as the problem here, takes away from the real issue and that is the SCUMBAG who did the crime.

Last edited:
----Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

We need our guns to protect us from the government. They need to know, we have them. There will always be victims of guns. Let it not be a defenseless society.

I'm sure your deer rifle will go a long way in stopping the big bad gov't with its M1 Abram tanks, B52 bombers, and attack drones.
American Patriots will find a way, hopefully with the help of defecting military who realize they are fighting on the wrong side, like in other nations. Egypt, Syria, Libya come to mind.
Watch "Red Dawn" and swap the Russians as the enemy for a deranged US government/Homeland Security/Fema.

On a related issue-

In the last decade (since 2000) the homicide rate declined to levels last seen in the mid-1960s.
Based on data from 1980 and 2008, males represented 77% of homicide victims and nearly 90% of offenders. The victimization rate for males (11.6 per 100,000) was 3 times higher than the rate for females (3.4 per 100,000). The offending rate for males (15.1 per 100,000) was almost 9 times higher than the rate for females (1.7 per 100,000).
The average age of both offenders and victims increased slightly in recent years, yet remained lower than they were prior to the late 1980s.

The proportion of homicide incidents involving two victims has increased slightly from 2.7% in 1980 to 3.7% in 2008.

Homicide incidents involving three or more victims have also increased during this same period, but have remained less than 1% of all homicides each year.

Multiple victim homicides are so small as to be almost insignificant:

- 3.7% involved two victims

- 0.5% involved three victims

- 0.2% involved four victims

- 0.1% involved five or more victims.

Moreover, the homicide rate in the United States has declined sharply in recent years – from 9.3 homicides per 100,000 in 1992 to 4.8 homicides per 100,000 in 2010.

2nd Amendment Under Attack: Rise of the Gun Ban - 12160

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008

Banning guns wont solve the problem, just look at how well that worked in places like Chicago.

It is difficult to purchase such guns legally or illegally in the country where I reside.

Oh and, STFU and let US deal with this, and when your little country needs to be rescued again the United States of whacky Americans will be there.

I am an American and will go where I please. What you fail to understand is the the majority of the world wants Americans to mind their own business.

Gun Control Polls Show Longterm Decline In Support, Despite Columbine Bump

Sadly, we have very short memories. While the rabid right wing gun loons step over the bodies of dead children to tout their "right" to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips, the rest of us get busy with other things.

Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

Why do the gun loons want criminals and crazies to be able to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips? EXACTLY how are those used in self defense or hunting?

I own guns but I don't believe it should be the right for every froot loop to be able to buy these unnecessary items.

How many of you gun nuts feel you absolutely MUST be able to buy assault rifles and the big clips? How 'bout the tear gas? How do you use that? If a bad guy is in your yard, do you just throw it out the door?

Huh?
Yes we understand you believe only certain people should have rights and you will dictate who..

:nono:

I am an American and will go where I please. What you fail to understand is the the majority of the world wants Americans to mind their own business.

Except when it comes to our money, huh? :eusa_whistle:

true conservatives want this as well. I would rather have Fortress America than be the world's policeman. back to the subject at hand, how about we keep loons off the streets in the first place instead of blaming the inanimate object....

You just really had to go out of your way to be an asshole???

You just really had to go out of your way to be an asshole???

Brush up on the board history.

Forum List

Back